I have an iPhone... I also have questions!

All the talk regarding mobile phones, mobile internet access etc etc.
Brett_S

Re: I have an iPhone... I also have questions!

Post by Brett_S »

Frist experience with the Apple store today....

Had a problem with the port on the phone, one of the little pins seemed to have bent at some point (it still worked, but you could see that the pin wasn't going to last very much longer)
A mate told me to book an appointment online before going down there, to which I scoffed and thought why the hell do I need an appointment to get someone to look at me phone....
Tried to make an appointment but the only day that I could get was Sunday....for some reason Apple only puts Genius bar appointments 3 days from the current date... and you cant book any day after that
My girlfriend said that we should just go down there and see if I could just get someone to look at the phone

So I get to the store and the sales person looks at the phone and says I need to book an appointment with the Genuis bar. I said that I really didn't want to come back on Sunday so he asked some other girl there and she put me on the standby list, took my name and phone number and told me that if someone didn't turn up for their appointment I could have it
I asked if someone would call me if an appointment became available and she said No, you'll have to wait in the store..... Right, so I waited in the store for about 20 mins and luckily someone didn't turn up so I got to see the other girl at the Genius bar....

She took a look at the phone, walked out the back and got me a new one - a few signatures later and I had a new iPhone :)

So apart from being a bit wierd, the Apple store is quite good I thought

Now I just gotta jailbreak the phone again and put all my stuff back on
This is the way the world works, if you want want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the d**ks first - Eric Cartman
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

SE1Z wrote:Thinking i'll format my machine in the next week or so. Do I need to backup iTunes?
Or will the iPhone re-sync with the new install and copy my apps and music back to my PC?

Anything special I need to do?
I've been sitting on. I'm going to say backup itunes directory. I can see why it won't work as your expecting perfectly. Secondly, make sure you really read the messages in iTunes after formatting and reconnecting the phone.

Just incase you didn't understand. Make sure you read the messages/questions. I can't tell you how many times friends have complained. iTunes cleared everything off my phone!! *cry* Did you read the questions? I think so. Game Over.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

I did this recently & took the same view as Wabbit. I backed up my whole iTunes library including Pods and also my apps.
Apps are found here: My Documents\My Music\iTunes\Mobile Applications
Then installed iTunes and mapped to my library etc.
I wouldn't rely on a re-sync as you would have to have your whole iTunes collection on the device.
I also can't remember if iTunes re-downloaded my apps & other purchased content, there must be an option but I never used it.
I did however use the option to find & download my Album artwork as I couldn't work out how to back it up and re-map it.

Hope that helps.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

r8response wrote:Mate who has one, said to try this
Guys,

Im stuck,

I follwed the destructions and at the final stage, re naming. I run vista and my MP3 file play with VLC. How do I go about changing the file type?

I right clicked, can not find anywhere in their that will allow me to change it...

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

Guys

Did a bit of searching, found this proggy which is a simple point to file, select section and convert...nice and easy!

http://www.warez-bb.org/viewtopic.php?t ... highlight=
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

the iphones speakers...

with no ear phones attachedl, it uses the speakers at the bottom of the phone.... well at least i thought, there is two there.. or is the one on the right a mic?? i only get sound out of the left one.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

DexterPunk wrote:the iphones speakers...

with no ear phones attachedl, it uses the speakers at the bottom of the phone.... well at least i thought, there is two there.. or is the one on the right a mic?? i only get sound out of the left one.
Yeah your right mate. Speaker and Mic. 2nd "speaker" is up the top for your ear.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

wabbit wrote:
DexterPunk wrote:the iphones speakers...

Yeah your right mate. Speaker and Mic. 2nd "speaker" is up the top for your ear.
Yeah but the ear speaker is only used when on the phone from what I can tell, no iPod audio comes out of mine.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."