Gran Turismo 5

All GT discussion
ReppohC

Re: Gran Turismo 5

Post by ReppohC »

Well that was a down right pain in the arse grind but worth it in the end! One X1 accquired :) My grind race was the Dream Series, Daytona 10 laps, only pays 76,000 but gives almost 10k experience. Best exp/time ratio if you don't include the endurance races. Takes 6:30 in the MINOLTA car (or 5:20 in the X1 :D ). Then once you hit level 27 the Indy 500 (200 laps) is the best exp/time. Did it 4 or 5 times to get to level 30... Thank god for PIP; just watched season 3 (and 4) of 30 Rock for 1000 laps :)

Formula GT series was, for sure, the most difficult series in the game. Monza in the wet the AI ended up lapping me despite them pitting 3 times... Certainly some weird bugs with tyres going on there. Dry lap times in the wet?? My first and hopefully last 12th place...

MADCAP wrote:oi knappo did u buy NASCAR? to enter
I think you do need one to race but you can win one if you finish the challenges.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

As Rep said you need one to compete in the series but i aquired mine by golding all the Nascar challenges. :)

Reppo, what series open up after Lv24 and the dreamcar series?
Where are these enduros?
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
MADCAP

Post by MADCAP »

man the last race in special stage i cna only do bronze man.... arrrhhhh

also anyone got tips in rally using G27 or G25 wheel dirt sections? Tarmac and Snow no probz, but Dirty its just not happening
+ Current Ride 2016 Ducati 959 Panigale + 2016 TONY KART 401 X30 IAME + Santa Cruz Bronson V3 CC X01 +
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

So I just made level 17, lol...

I guess I am a bit behind at the moment.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
Dan
Wobbly2.0

Post by Dan »

MADCAP wrote:also anyone got tips in rally using G27 or G25 wheel dirt sections? Tarmac and Snow no probz, but Dirty its just not happening
Have traction control completely turned off?
The Todd Norbury appreciation society
ReppohC

Post by ReppohC »

KNAPPO wrote:
As Rep said you need one to compete in the series but i aquired mine by golding all the Nascar challenges. :)

Reppo, what series open up after Lv24 and the dreamcar series?
Where are these enduros?
Theres another tier above extreme events (Endurance). Level 25 unlocks the first one, then another at 26, 27, 30, 32, 35, 40.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Thanks Reppo, cant wait to unlock that!
Dan wrote:
MADCAP wrote:also anyone got tips in rally using G27 or G25 wheel dirt sections? Tarmac and Snow no probz, but Dirty its just not happening
What made a massive difference for me was turning off the 'satbility control' system.
Whenever the car was in a slide it would be limiting the revs just like TC. With stability & traction control turned off the car is left to slide.

The game is quite fun with these two turnrd off, especially in the high powered cars :)
MADCAP

Post by MADCAP »

KNAPPO wrote:Thanks Reppo, cant wait to unlock that!
Dan wrote:
What made a massive difference for me was turning off the 'satbility control' system.
Whenever the car was in a slide it would be limiting the revs just like TC. With stability & traction control turned off the car is left to slide.

The game is quite fun with these two turnrd off, especially in the high powered cars :)

Cheers boyz, worked a treat got angles now and rally completed with some coin! The good old rally spec lancia kicked many arses tonight along with my 1200bhp bugatti - generated $3.5m so far and level 22 still a long way to go till I am satisfied
+ Current Ride 2016 Ducati 959 Panigale + 2016 TONY KART 401 X30 IAME + Santa Cruz Bronson V3 CC X01 +
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

c.j wrote:So I just made level 17, lol...

I guess I am a bit behind at the moment.
Me too. :D

I only get a couple of hours a week to play so I just pick at what's fun and leave it at that. I did the Seb Loeb rally challenge yesterday afternoon and golded those three to get myself the C4 WRC. Had a play with the track designer finally too - it's not too bad. If you keep the road narrow with a lot of corners you can get some fun stuff happening with some crazy elevation changes.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
richo

Post by richo »

I,m at no mans land of Lvl 21 , can't afford or buy the car i need to move on. Damn you 787B!

What car did you guys use in the Historic races at the Pro level? I have been using the Ford i was given but i can't get any where near close enough to that Toyota (Horn Bag looking thing it is )
[]D [] []v[] []D
9ra55h0ppaH
Master artist
Master artist

Post by 9ra55h0ppaH »

If anyone is having trouble with the Like The Wind series, buy yourself the Corvette ZR1, give it a racing modification, then trick it up... Ends up being 880hp/1100KG and costs less than 700k all up. It will dominate that series (Provided you have a wheel, its a very tough slog with a controller) and you get the Minolta Toyota group C car as a prize :)

I assume its allowed in the level 23 American series too!
Now with Added Flickr
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Its weird, im level 20 and done basically none of the racing series.. just flying through the special challanges..

That being said, the game is getting very stale
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

I want my 787B rota!
I have 4 mil now and should get the remaining 1.2 mil tonight, cant wait.

Nice tip Grass, will have to do that once ive got my pride and joy.
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

9ra55h0ppaH wrote:If anyone is having trouble with the Like The Wind series, buy yourself the Corvette ZR1, give it a racing modification, then trick it up... Ends up being 880hp/1100KG and costs less than 700k all up. It will dominate that series (Provided you have a wheel, its a very tough slog with a controller) and you get the Minolta Toyota group C car as a prize :)

I assume its allowed in the level 23 American series too!
Or, apparantly you are given a Zonda R upon reaching B-Spec level 14 which can be used in this event. I haven't tried it myself though, so I dunno if true or if as fast.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Cool, i hope thats tru Rots. My B-Spec driver Mr O.Knapp is at about Lv7 so it wont take him too long to get there.

It took me ages for the name generation to throw out the last name Knapp. Ive seen it dish out M.Dunn, three times :)
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

I never got a Zonda :/
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

Bugger wabbit. I've been googling it and a few result indicated that people got one at 14 :(

hehe, I spent ages trying to get the AI to generate J. Bieber. Apparantly it did for someone else. Then I just settled for P.Moon. I was Hoping to get H.Moon but got over the slow painful process. No idea why they just don't let us type in a name of our own choice, or select from a list. The half second delay it takes to pick a random name is painful.

In case you're wonder, H.Moon is for Herbert Moon of Armidillo in Red Dead Redepemtion. "I'M HERBERT MOON!"
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

KNAPPO wrote:Cool, i hope thats tru Rots. My B-Spec driver Mr O.Knapp is at about Lv7 so it wont take him too long to get there.

It took me ages for the name generation to throw out the last name Knapp. Ive seen it dish out M.Dunn, three times :)
Sweet. :D Haven't checked out B.Spec at all yet. Might need to take a look and get my virtual dude running.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

wabbit wrote:I never got a Zonda :/
me neither.
I reckon it's the one of the tickets you receive for a 'level x car' - those, I think, resolve to *some* car, but not the always same.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

Here we go, according to this link you need to win the B-Spec Gran Turismo World Championship with the prize being the Pagani Zonda R '09

That's my goal for tonight!

Edit: Confirmed by GT. :)
Last edited by Rots on Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

I won the Zonda last night, from the GT world championship (last even in b-spec professional). My drivers so far are C.Clements, M.Weber, I.Bell and C.Bond
Last edited by GT VIRUS on Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Gee, you guys are sitting through the B-spec? That's dedication...!
Having said that; what's a good strategy? I've started up one race but my driver came very low and it was boring to watch, too...so I gave up.
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

As my computer and ps3 are right next to each other, i grind my b-spec guy while doing stuff online
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

B-Spec was hardest with my first driver. After lvl 5 drivers start to settle down. From say lvl 9-10 they require bugger all baby sitting. Get them to drive cars you'd actually race. Suspension & the tyres make the biggest difference.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

GT VIRUS wrote:As my computer and ps3 are right next to each other, i grind my b-spec guy while doing stuff online
LOL that's not a bad idea! :)