Not a peep about State of origin?

Cricket, footy, tennis, whatever
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Not a peep about State of origin?

Post by norbs »

I didn't even watch it this year. I am over the NRL. All the off field shite, plus my beloved Eels are playing like a bunch of girls, and the fact that TV means Ch 9 all adds up to zero interest from me. I will still listen occasionally to ABC radios coverage, but not often.

It isn't the game it used to be. :no:
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Santaria

Re: Not a peep about State of origin?

Post by Santaria »

Meh... it was rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrigged I tells ya!

But yeah, it doesn't have the same buzz as it used to. Probably because of what you said Norbs: "all the off field shite."

It's 'days of our lives' .....with a footy.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
fp

Post by fp »

Speaking as a die hard Queenslander, Hayne was ripped off.

The game has gone over the top with the third umpire and the top level is suffering.
Rather than awarding or disallowing tries on their merits, benifit of the doubt is out the window as the ref watching his screen gets out the magnifying glass and micrometer to make a pedantic decision.
Then there's all the decisions made to the letter of the law instead of the spirit of the competition.
No to mention that an NRL player seemingly only has to look at a female to be labelled a rapist in a sensationalized media frenzy.

I'm only a casual fan of League, but I aslo have the 'not really into it' feeling at the moment.
This will be my signature until Dexter Bean qualifies for a NASCAR race. Keep chasing that dream...
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

State of Origin used to be the only league I watched each year. Way better atmosphere than even the grand final but last night I switched over once to check the score then went back to watching the ABC. I honestly don't know what it is but to me it has lost something.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

give it a couple more years and it will be state of origin Gang rape. Whole new approach to the scrum...
bengatta
Ladies Motorkhana Champion

Post by bengatta »

State of oral-groin :)
They say, any day you wake up not dead is the start of a better day than it could be...

You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice...

You're never too old to learn something stupid....
petey

Post by petey »

Wow, well I don't follow or pay attention to the off-field crap and just watched and enjoyed the game.

Haynes was ripped off, but then he got a try later on from what was blatantly a forward pass.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

If there is a game, There are a few players now that have Pig Cold, so perhaps all sporting events will be off the list.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

I ignore the off field shit. I was pissed about the Hayne decision in the State of Origin. 8 views and no Benefit of the Doubt is just bullshit. Actually, the video refs have made a lot of bad calls this year against many a team... something that has made me turn the TV off a few times. In my opinion video ref should be treated in a tennis style where the team captain can call it to overrule a ref decision but only a limited amount of times. Nothing worse or more boring than a game that has every Try going up to the tossers watching the TV replys and not the game in real time.

Anywho, whether or not NSW would have one is anyones guess had it been ruled the other way. Suck it up and win the next game!
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

It is weird, some of the interest is back all of a sudden.

Despite what I said earlier, my hat is off to Hazem El Mazri. A terrific player and a better bloke it seems.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.