1970 World Sports Car Championship 1.00

ISI's new sim rFactor
Dr. Pain

1970 World Sports Car Championship 1.00

Post by Dr. Pain »

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cf ... ampionship

125 cars! :yikes:

Graphics wise there is better, a lot better. When I drove a car first time, Matra prototype, I was like "what the hell?!" and soon forgot about the graphics. It didn't want to stop, didn't want to turn in and it was shaking its arse. It was bloody great. But I drove a Porsche 917 Long tail at Virtua LM's Le Mans and belting down Mulsanne at 375kph I could feel the FF gears in my G25 meshing, sort of a virtual feel the road texture. Then huge air off the hump and near destroyed it :D

The mod is great. I'm posting this as my legs are killing me as I've just healed from a fractured ankle but what a way to start race simming again. I love it and that Alfa Romeo Tipo 33.3 Coda Lunga is a little honey to drive.

Back to it then :)
Minister for Religious Genocide.
thornz

Re: 1970 World Sports Car Championship 1.00

Post by thornz »

Was about to post exactly the same thing lol. Brilliant mod, sounds are amazing, cars are difficult to drive. Loving the corvette, sliding its ass everywhere, they really seem to have nailed the FF on this mod, still not a LFS or Netkar, but bloody good.
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Same thing happened to me over the hump in a 917.... Wheeeeeeeee....... lol
Nice piece of work needing a re-set on your attitude to driving at over 200mph :yes:
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

Oh man 70's sports cars... that would be awesome..
eek
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I had a go in a 917 long tail at Spa '67. It was doing 360kph to Masta kink but when I touched the brakes it decided to shake its arse. Damn thing is all over the shop. I did a 3:20.2 but with all the rump shaking, lift and going where it wanted to it was bloody hard work. Hate to see what the '69 version was like. Can't even imagine the real life version. Lots of dry cleaning bills I'd say.

Just a cracking mod :)
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

got a 3:18.065 in a 917L. It's like living with an axe murderer though, I like you so I won't hurt you :) 20 seconds later, you die! :yikes:

Clawhammer is a really fun track to in this mod. Hell anywhere is fun really.