Busted ARSE

Re: Ashes 2009.

Post by DexterPunk »

fuckin wicked!! keep goin boys :yes:
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Hussey is batting like he will either get out next ball, or score 200.

edit. told ya! ( feck! )
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

norbs wrote:edit. told ya! ( feck! )
:D Making progress 152 - 4... hope springs eternal
norbs

Post by norbs »

What happened to the English attack that bowls in the corridor? Even with the ball doing plenty, they are being belted atm.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

did you post that before the quick 3 wickets norbs?? if they get another couple fast ones, they will be not that far behind... Australia could throw it away here if they dont make sure they make the most of it.
norbs

Post by norbs »

DexterPunk wrote:did you post that before the quick 3 wickets norbs?? if they get another couple fast ones, they will be not that far behind... Australia could throw it away here if they dont make sure they make the most of it.
Nope. When they bowl straight they are dangerous, but jesus, they are bowling some tripe tonight. 3 Aussies given out LBW, all playing across the line. Ok, Hussey was unlucky, but jesus. Clarke just got hit in the scone by Harmison. Lets see what happens now.

edit: Clarke is bloody lucky. Another bumper and he should be out caught behind for mine. Very very lucky. Considering he keeps looking at his wrist UNDER his glove, and replays show the glove distorting, he was out for all money.
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

norbs wrote:
DexterPunk wrote:did you post that before the quick 3 wickets norbs?? if they get another couple fast ones, they will be not that far behind... Australia could throw it away here if they dont make sure they make the most of it.
Nope. When they bowl straight they are dangerous, but jesus, they are bowling some tripe tonight. 3 Aussies given out LBW, all playing across the line. Ok, Hussey was unlucky, but jesus. Clarke just got hit in the scone by Harmison. Lets see what happens now.

edit: Clarke is bloody lucky. Another bumper and he should be out caught behind for mine. Very very lucky. Considering he keeps looking at his wrist UNDER his glove, and replays show the glove distorting, he was out for all money.
Its called justice...
norbs

Post by norbs »

Hazelb wrote:
norbs wrote:

Its called justice...
Boy they had some luck last night. There were a few calls that went the way of the Aussies. Given what I have seen thus far, I don't think they have been given as hard a time as people have said. Clarke was plum once in the forties in his last innings. That would have been a huge loss if he had gone.
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

norbs wrote:What happened to the English attack that bowls in the corridor? Even with the ball doing plenty, they are being belted atm.
It's called the Harmison effect. He might be quick but he's never been able to hit the same spot ball after ball. Bad choice in my opinion, Sidebottom should have been in the side, he's more consistent and can swing the ball. Boycott on the 5 live commentary was good to listen to. He kept saying, whilst England wickets were falling at a rapid pace, "This isn't swinging for Headingley, they'll know about it when it does"

I'm really pissed off with our performance yesterday. We are 1 up with 2 to play at Headingley, a ground where there is so much Ashes history in our favour and a test arena with perfect English conditions, we should have had the upper hand here and made sure the Ashes came back home for a brief time, instead we've handed the initiative to the Aussies and will go into the last test needing to win. Pretty bloody poor methinks.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Johnny X wrote:instead we've handed the initiative to the Aussies and will go into the last test needing to win. Pretty bloody poor methinks.
it aint over yet... i dont think England can win it, but id say a draw isnt out of the question.
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

Id say England could win this test. very unlikely but very possible.. that's the beauty of test cricket..

BUT a 1-1 going into the final test is going to be awesome..

LONG LIVE TEST CRICKET!
eek
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Good total posted by you lot... steady start for us 52 - 0
Montey

Post by Montey »

Thank goodness I have the cricket to watch.... cos Newcastle are playing absolute bollocks against West Brom' at the moment. Useless cnuts!!!!
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Johnny X wrote:Good total posted by you lot... steady start for us 52 - 0
That didn't last long :)
I said to a friend on friday morning, when England were about 4 down, that anyone having a ticket for sunday had wasted their money. I wasn't far wrong!
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

Does this explain the poor first day?

I'd love to lol at this but its not in the spirit.. :(
An Australian cricket supporter group has admitted responsibility for a fire-drill prank which forced the English team out of their hotel on the opening morning of the fourth Ashes Test.

Warren Livingston, head of the Fanatics, told The Sunday Telegraph that one of its 100-member group had set the fire alarm off at the Radisson SAS Hotel in Leeds at 4.30am, with the intention of disrupting the English team's sleep.

Livingstone described the prank as "good old-fashioned Aussie hijinks".

"Yes it was one of our guys who did it as a bit of a prank. I got a text message after it happened," Livingston told the English newspaper.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2009/08/ ... 98693.html
eek
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

:(
norbs

Post by norbs »

I had an argument with a bloke over this today. If true, they should boot those arseholes out of England. What sort of a low act is that? Yell and boo them as much as you want, but doing something like that is fucked. And I don't want to hear "Well they are professional sportsmen" argument like this tool was going on with today.

Very fucking poor. :no: :no:
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

Yep

Very ordinary...I hope they know where the POMs are staying for the 5th test!
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

norbs wrote:I had an argument with a bloke over this today. If true, they should boot those arseholes out of England. What sort of a low act is that? Yell and boo them as much as you want, but doing something like that is fucked. And I don't want to hear "Well they are professional sportsmen" argument like this tool was going on with today.

Couldn't put it any better myself. Beat them on the field where it counts
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

norbs wrote:I had an argument with a bloke over this today. If true, they should boot those arseholes out of England. What sort of a low act is that? Yell and boo them as much as you want, but doing something like that is fucked. And I don't want to hear "Well they are professional sportsmen" argument like this tool was going on with today.

lol you have a lot of arguments with 'a bloke' norbs :D

I agree though, i find that quite embarrassing.
norbs

Post by norbs »

DexterPunk wrote:

lol you have a lot of arguments with 'a bloke' norbs :D

I agree though, i find that quite embarrassing.
Well unless you know John from Culburra Beach, I can't see the point in saying I had an argument with John today. :)
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

lol, no i mean your storys often begin with a debate with some bloke or someone at your work. by the way some guy at uni mentioned you the other day, having no knowledge at all that i knew who you were.. something like 'this guy norbs, on a photography forums i post on.....' it freaked me out.
Montey

Post by Montey »

I agree that is isn't the most sporting thing to do, but the thing that tempers my response is that in English sport this sort of prank is not uncommon. There are stories aplenty from English sport of side going to play at some location only to have the opposition team's supporters attempting to ruin their sleep. I even have a vague recollection of stories of English supporters invading the hotels that Australian touring sides were staying in from time to time to create a disturbance.

If the supporters involved were the first to do it, or it was super uncommon, I'd be all for throwing them out and banning them from attending matches, but I don't think its all that uncommon and hence they should probably just get warned off doing it again.
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
norbs

Post by norbs »

DexterPunk wrote:lol, no i mean your storys often begin with a debate with some bloke or someone at your work. by the way some guy at uni mentioned you the other day, having no knowledge at all that i knew who you were.. something like 'this guy norbs, on a photography forums i post on.....' it freaked me out.

It is a fair call, but also if I discuss something with Macca or w00dsy, I usually say so. And yes, I am an opinionated bastard, and do tend to get in the odd scrape with people, but I usually find I learn something from most arguments, so it isn't all bad.

I am scared to ask, but was it someone I had had an argument with on another forum?
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

well played England. Why not have a swing. Up against a hiding to nothing so it is good to see them not lay down and cave in :up:
--------------
Stu