Ashes 2009.

Cricket, footy, tennis, whatever
Montey

Re: Ashes 2009.

Post by Montey »

I just turned on the cricket after seeing England dismissed and ..... WHAT THE FARK?!?!?!?

Australia 7/111

Watson, S lbw b. Broad, S 34 69
Katich, S c. Cook, A b. Swann, G 50 107
Ponting, R b. Broad, S 8 15
Hussey, M lbw b. Broad, S 0 3
Clarke, M c. Trott, J b. Broad, S 3 7
North, M lbw b. Swann, G 8 17
Haddin, B b. Broad, S 1 9
Johnson, M Not Out 0 6
Siddle, P Not Out 0 2
Clark, S
Hilfenhaus, B

How spectacularly crap can you get?!?!?!?
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
VTRacing
Team Pedant (c)

Post by VTRacing »

Honestly, I don't think this Australian team deserves to keep the Ashes.
:teach:
Montey

Post by Montey »

Imagine if Watson & Katich only got the average of the other out batsmen. They'd only have got 4 runs each, meaning we'd be 7/30
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
Montey

Post by Montey »

[youtube] [/youtube] <-- meantime here's something entertaining.

Is this Ricky's YouTube reply???
[youtube] [/youtube]
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Montey wrote:Imagine if Watson & Katich only got the average of the other out batsmen. They'd only have got 4 runs each, meaning we'd be 7/30
Watson should have been out 3 or 4 times at least.

Edit 1:26am : Johnson out. 8/131.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Great spell from Broad backed up by Swan has put us back in the frame :) Glad we didn't get into the position to call in the follow on, can't imagine batting last on this pitch. Surprised how the pitch has changed, they were on about a few balls taking the top off early in the Aussie innings but I think our bowlers have bowled so much better than the last test so far. Freddie hasn't taken any but is frugal as is Anderson and, surprisingly, Harmison.

A couple of quick wickets after tea and we'll see what your lot can do :yes:
norbs

Post by norbs »

S Clark was robbed. He missed that by a mile. If England bat aggressively, it could be all over tomorrow.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Just been out and about for 2 hours. Come back to find the aussies have been routed.
That's nice :D Doesn't happen very often!
But if you lot end up needing 600 to win we know all too well that it's doable.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Big Kev wrote:But if you lot end up needing 600 to win we know all too well that it's doable.
Well thats not very likely... 58 for 3 at the close, 230 ahead

It's going to be very interesting... I think we need a lead of at least 400, the aussie batsmen won't die like they did this afternoon. Other than Strauss ours are batting like headless chickens... grumble,grumble

Grrr - why won't the smilies work for me
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

:(

Auzzies gone for mine...
norbs

Post by norbs »

Hazelb wrote::(

Auzzies gone for mine...

Yep. Any team that loses 7 in a session twice in a series (8 in yesterdays middle session) doesn't deserve to win. Luckily for us, the Poms haven't been great or we would have been belted.

It will need a minor miracle for the Aussies to get up from here.
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

Yeah

But it amazes me that when they show the leading wicket takers and run scorers, the Ozzies dominate both...yet the series is tied 1 / 1. I reckon a lot of things have gone the POMS way just like 05...

That said , we certainly arent the force we used to be...
norbs

Post by norbs »

Would be a different story had they been able to bowl them out at Cardiff.

They get to see the pitch before the game, why oh why didn't they play a spinner? I know I was calling for Clark to stay in the side, but I hadn't seen that dust bowl at that point. All week the Poms were saying it was going to be a typical Oval pitch. More like fucking Karachi if you ask me. It was a bad toss to lose.

I agree Haze, a lot has gone the way of the poms, but their cause has been helped by inept captaincy, poor bowling, poor fielding, poor wicketkeeping (Manou went ok) and the inability of the aussie batsmen to play an ugly innings and hang around when either Anderson or Broad were bowling well.

Strange thing is, I don't think it is all over. I wonder if the pressure might get to the poms. If they lost a few early wickets tonight, it would make it interesting. I can't see Australia being able to chase 300+ on that track, but if one or 2 of them stick around, who knows.
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

norbs wrote:Would be a different story had they been able to bowl them out at Cardiff.

They get to see the pitch before the game, why oh why didn't they play a spinner? I know I was calling for Clark to stay in the side, but I hadn't seen that dust bowl at that point. All week the Poms were saying it was going to be a typical Oval pitch. More like fucking Karachi if you ask me. It was a bad toss to lose.

I agree Haze, a lot has gone the way of the poms, but their cause has been helped by inept captaincy, poor bowling, poor fielding, poor wicketkeeping (Manou went ok) and the inability of the aussie batsmen to play an ugly innings and hang around when either Anderson or Broad were bowling well.

Strange thing is, I don't think it is all over. I wonder if the pressure might get to the poms. If they lost a few early wickets tonight, it would make it interesting. I can't see Australia being able to chase 300+ on that track, but if one or 2 of them stick around, who knows.
Agreed - Well apart from the crack at the Captain...

:nod:
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

I'm a bit surprised that people are surprised we got so few runs. The wicket was horrible. Agree with norbs, a very bad toss to lose..... Again. But I don't agree with blaming the captain... He would have had a say on his team... But end of the day the selectors have the call. We need horry, but that pitch held up nicely for that one days batting before going to shit. Was always gunna be hard for the team who lost the toss. How many have we actualy won by the way?
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

Ricky no longer trusts any of the spinners so I can see him fighting tooth and nail for them not be selected. He is out of ideas and needs to go. Losing a series that Australia have statistically dominated has to be blamed primarily on the captain.
XLV SPORT
norbs

Post by norbs »

DexterPunk wrote:I'm a bit surprised that people are surprised we got so few runs. The wicket was horrible. Agree with norbs, a very bad toss to lose..... Again. But I don't agree with blaming the captain... He would have had a say on his team... But end of the day the selectors have the call. We need horry, but that pitch held up nicely for that one days batting before going to shit. Was always gunna be hard for the team who lost the toss. How many have we actualy won by the way?

The pitch isn't a minefield, but it isn't the road that most Tests are played on. The Poms got wickets by bowling to a plan. They bowled straight, and a good line.

Ponting has won 1 toss this series. The 3rd Test that was washed out when England led by 100 odd on the 1st innings.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

i think they will be doing their ran dances right about now...

however, id almost rather it doesnt rain.. England deserves the ashes back.
norbs

Post by norbs »

That fucking VB ad is giving me the shits. Much the same as drinking it.

Edit : 11:49PM. The pitch certainly isnt playing badly. Poms 409 in front. Surely they will declare some time after tea if they don't get out before hand.
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

265 for 7 atm... 437 ahead. Trott needs 21 for his maiden test century, they might keep going till he gets that or gets out :)
norbs

Post by norbs »

Johnson bowling pig swill again. Bumbles and Athers are taking the piss out of him. :(
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

your still bothering to watch?? :D
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

546 required... gl :shake:
Big Kev