For Sale: 2001 Nissan 200SX Spec-R

Buying or Selling stuff? Here's the place to do it.
Forum rules
The admins take no responsibility for goods sold, bought or swapped on the forums. This forum is purely for making others aware that you have stuff to buy, sell or swap. Please make all transactions of money and goods via PM or email.

Sellers must have a reasonable number of posts on this board to advertise. If you register and advertise straight away then your post will be viewed as spam and removed. Please contact one of the admins, however, if you think your ad warrants special consideration.

Thanks.
Montey

For Sale: 2001 Nissan 200SX Spec-R

Post by Montey »

Well the time has finally come to move on my beloved 200SX. This post is to see if anyone has any advice/comments to assist in its sale and also to see if anyone happens to be interested in buying it.

So, the details:

Make: Nissan
Model: 200SX Spec-R
Mileage: 71,000 (Just under actually)
Colour: Pewter
Transmission: Automatic (but boy does it have a great auto)
Options: All the ones that came with the Spec-R model.
  • Sunroof
    5 Stack CD Player (In-Dash)
    Bonnet Protector
    Headlight Protectors
    Rear wing
    Spec-R body kit
Other details of interest:
  • Other than replacement of the windscreen, battery, tyres and consumables (spark plugs, etc) this car is as purchased new.
    Purchased new, by me, from Geelong.
    Current location is the eastern suburbs of Melbourne.
    Has run faultlessly since it was purchased (except the 2 times in 8 years that it needed a new car battery).
I seriously love this car. Has been awesome fun to drive and completely hassle free. But I have to move it on as I am getting older (it gives me a bad back when I drive it for too long) and I now have a young family and needed to buy a new car with a real back seat. I wish I didn't have to get rid of it, but such is life.

Some questions:
  • Does anyone have an example "contract of sale" that I could use in a private sale?
    What do people think it is worth in either a private sale or dealer sale scenario?
Here's a few pictures too:
More pictures can be seen at: http://www.robson.ph/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=1929

Anyone who might be interested in purchasing is welcome to PM me.
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Re: For Sale: 2001 Nissan 200SX Spec-R

Post by r8response »

Might be an idea to "remove" the number plates from the pics.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

thats a beauty Montey.. no idea what it would be worth, but just wanted to say commiserations on having to sell it :sadbanana:
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Awesome to see one in original condition and with such low k's too. Should fetch top price for whatever they're worth - I'd go Redbook, see whatever their max is, set it a grand higher then see what you can get for it. If enough people are interested you'll soon find out what it's really worth.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Montey

Post by Montey »

r8response wrote:Might be an idea to "remove" the number plates from the pics.
Yep. Good idea. Done. :D
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

It sucks, but s15's have dropped a tonne in value since the economic crises. I picked mine up same sorta km, only 2 owners for $24,500 about 14 months ago, these days they go for ~$22-24k sometimes even lower.

Tho being the fact its stock, your a single owner you can demand a higher price if your willing to wait.

Best of luck with the sale, would be intrested.. but well I already own one :p
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Montey :rolleyes: you didnt happen to go for a 200kph drive did you the other day ?
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Pinger$

Post by Pinger$ »

Montey wishes he was 20 again :P
Luigi only likes Ferraris.
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

Always thought rice boxes like the one in that article (not monteys) were speed limited to 169km/h..... Although i suppose its very possible to remove this feature...
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Japan had a gentleman agreement between all manufactures that ment all cars must be limited to 180km/h, most (well basically all) performance cars out of japan can have this removed quite easily.
Simple piggyback kits for the ECU will do this, but there is also replacing the whole ECU with a aftermarket one.

Seeing Montey brought his in Australia, it came with an Australian tuned ECU, which means it makes a little less power but doesnt have the 180km/h limiter.

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/ ... 413pl.html