Hilltop Hoods - State of the Art

Chat about stuff you listen to or play
Fandango
Rubber Rooter

Hilltop Hoods - State of the Art

Post by Fandango »

Enjoyin it so far... love hilltops. Havn't heard much so far tho. Anyone else listenin to it?
Fandangas,Fang,Fangas,Bangas,Fanny,Fan,Fandsy,Fandangdiddlyo........
Shaun

Re: Hilltop Hoods - State of the Art

Post by Shaun »

Never been a huge hip hop fan but i decided to try this album after i kept hearing the song Chase That Feeling on an AFL add, quite like it for something different, listening to it now actually, track 11 is good
Hello :aussie:
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

I'm not into the American stuff but I loves the Aussie stuff :)
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

Its awesome.. Im off to see them on Saturday :D
eek
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Im a massive aus hip hop fan, Admittedly the hoods got me into Auship hop. I really do love the new album, but overall they are quite overrated.

Sooo many better artists around
Dan
Wobbly2.0

Post by Dan »

Does anyone remember listening to Hilltop hoods on MP3.com? :D
The Todd Norbury appreciation society
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

I agree nutty, they are good... But Herd, Hermitude & Urthboy are the kings! Long life Elephant Tracks..
eek
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

rap/hip hop is bad enough, let alone with an aussie accent.. fuckin horrible shit. :no:
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

your gunna get banned for trolling soon dex!
eek
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Its not trolling when its an honest difference of opinion. I felt i had to post for all the rap haters out there, since everyone else was just posting about how good they are.

Quite happy for you or anyone else to like what ever. But im allowed to have my say too. Or is this the 'lets praise aussie rap thread, no neg comments allowed' ?
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

Have you listened to the album in question?
eek
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

honestly, i cant see any reason why i would have to, i dont like song they keep putting on OneHD, and i don't like australian rap...
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Why? Ive always been a closest hiphop fan.. But I dont want to hear about people rapping about hoes and money.. Ozhip hop has great rhythmic beats and the subject matter is on the lighter side generally (drinking with mates, going to the fish and chip shop ect..)
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

To me, it just sounds horrible. Im not someone who really gets off on a good beat. I like a ripping guitar riff. I don't like the sound of rapping either, regardless of the music behind it.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

DexterPunk wrote:rap/hip hop is bad enough, let alone with an aussie accent.. fuckin horrible shit. :no:
How dare you! :rage: I will no longer read any of your posts.

Nah, you're entitled to your opinion. Personally I love it. The album, The Hilltop Hoods and Aussie Hip Hop. I love the aussie accent and think we have already developed a culture that has 10x the substance of the American Brand. MC Pressure is without doubt the best rapper in history in my opinion, his flows are awesome and subject matter has meaning that any Australian can relate to and it's all intelligently put together with bundles of humour thrown in.

Top album. Top Shapes. Phat Beats.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

they got all but fuck all on the Yobbos, that's all i'll say.
Fandango
Rubber Rooter

Post by Fandango »

Hz-Lab wrote:they got all but fuck all on the Yobbos, that's all i'll say.
:rofl:
Fandangas,Fang,Fangas,Bangas,Fanny,Fan,Fandsy,Fandangdiddlyo........
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

DexterPunk wrote:To me, it just sounds horrible. Im not someone who really gets off on a good beat. I like a ripping guitar riff. I don't like the sound of rapping either, regardless of the music behind it.
Have you listened to any oz hiphop? I mean your whole basis for the new hoods album is a 30second grab on OneHD (which is mangled up by them anyway).

I mean I dont mind if you dislike it, but it sounds like you havnt even given any of it a chance.

Checkout Hoods/Pegz/Bliss n Eso/Vents1/Funkoars/Pez/Chasm/The Herd/Astronomy Class ect.. ect.. some fucking fine stuff comming out of Australia
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

or if you want something that aint just a fashion trend, check out the fuglemen. doing it way before the hoods, anyone that followed the Aussie BMX scene in the late 90's should know who they are from the Volatile Visions videos.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

nutty wrote:
DexterPunk wrote:To me, it just sounds horrible. Im not someone who really gets off on a good beat. I like a ripping guitar riff. I don't like the sound of rapping either, regardless of the music behind it.
Have you listened to any oz hiphop? I mean your whole basis for the new hoods album is a 30second grab on OneHD (which is mangled up by them anyway).

I mean I dont mind if you dislike it, but it sounds like you havnt even given any of it a chance.

Checkout Hoods/Pegz/Bliss n Eso/Vents1/Funkoars/Pez/Chasm/The Herd/Astronomy Class ect.. ect.. some fucking fine stuff comming out of Australia

I have listened to whats played on Syn when its played... honestly, i dont like ANY of it, its not gunna change, i just dont like any of that kind of stuff. Im very set in my ways these days, ive done my experimenting in my younger years, and even got into a bit of wu-tang for a while.. but these days i just dont bother with that kind of stuff, because theres 0% chance i will like it.. Rock n Roll gives me chills... its just the way im wired.... whether it be Punk, Rock, Punk Rock, Alternative or the occasional Metal.. thats pretty much all i'll bother with anymore. Closed minded? maybe.. but i know what i like now, and i stick to it. Rap has little to no affect on me what-so-ever. Infact, if i was inclined to listen to rap, it would be American... i find the fact that aussies with our unique accent are even trying to rap quite laughable... and slightly pathetic. As i said, i have nothing agaisnt anyone else listening to it, but thats my opinion. Im quite closed minded in my music tastes these days, its probably not one of my stronger points... but i think its because i feel so damn passionate about what i love.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Dexter wrote:Infact, if i was inclined to listen to rap, it would be American... i find the fact that aussies with our unique accent are even trying to rap quite laughable... and slightly pathetic
See, that's just plain insulting. Why do you feel this way? Aussie rappers aren't trying to sound like Americans. If we rapped about poppin caps and cruizin in our hummers while jazzy jeff and the fresh prince get jiggy with it, then I would find that laughable and pathetic.

I find your ignorance laughable and pathetic.

I don't even hear an accent anymore and atleast you can understand what the fuck we are saying unlike 50cent's mumbling sack of crap excuse for rap. Yeah I made a rhyme and I'm Australian. Deal with it.

/end baited rant
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Enforcer-J wrote: I find your ignorance laughable and pathetic.
k, now thats just getting personal... i was having a go at some music i dont like.... not you. I think thats a bit harsh dude.

No baiting there, its my opinion.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

I understand that you don't like it, but you are suggesting that Aussie Rap isn't a worthy form of music / art / expression and I find that very ignorant. Probably a bit harsh though I apologise for being personal I was trying to make a point more so than insult you.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

of course its a worthy form of expression... i just dont like it. Surrealism is also a worthy form of expression, but paintings in general do little for me, let alone surrealism.

im fairly sure more people would hate my music than what would like aussie rap these days... Its just the way the world works, people have different opinions.. and the old saying is true, would be a boring world if everyone liked/agreed on everything. I do apologise for my bluntness, its just me, i say what i feel and im an opinionated person... some people i guess don't like that, but i reckon theres worse traits.. I generally tell it like i see it, and at least people know where they stand with me.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Thats fine, but dont call somthing "fuckin horrible shit" when you have basically no experence with it