Buttkicker or similar?

iRacing
TCR

Buttkicker or similar?

Post by TCR »

Hey guys,

I did post this in the Tech section, but as it relates directly to iRacing, I thought some of you guys might have some relevant feedback.

I've just finished mounting my race seat on a MDF base which is about 270mm tall. I've cut out the 4 sides to allow for lots of airflow underneath, and also have the bottom section of an old hydraulic office chair to mount something like a Buttkicker to.

Now, I only have time to race iRacing these days, so that's the sim I'm trying to get the most out of with respect to this sort of feedback.

Firstly, I currently use a good headset with iRacing and was wondering if it's possible to continue using the heaset with something like a Buttkicker, or do I need to incorporate the Buttkicker into a 5.1 surround speaker arangement? I'm currently using the onboard sound card which has outputs for front speakers, left rear speaker, right rear speaker, centre/subwoofer and headset.

Secondly, does anyone actually use a Buttkicker with iRacing, as I've read differung views on how it works with this sim? Can anyone recommend a better "Bass Shaker" to use with this sim?

Cheers.
iRacing - Paul Chapman
GT VIRUS
Karen

Re: Buttkicker or similar?

Post by GT VIRUS »

I'm using some heavy duty Aura bass shakers. I'm using one on my pedal box and one on my seat, and they do help with my immersion. Can be a pain in the ass to set up though. Unsure how a headset would go but i'm connected to a 5.1 headset, i just have a splitter on the bass cord.