Blisters

Need a hand with a home project, how to fix that bloody roof leak, hang a door etc...
somebloke

Blisters

Post by somebloke »

Blisters, what a pain in the arse.

Sports with cricket but especially soccer (indoor and outdoor) i get the worst blisters all the time on my feet. Always on the sole of my foot; big toe and inner side of the ball of your foot. When playing outdoor regularly the blisters end up becoming a callus which stops the blisters so to speak.

Though with work nowadays i don't play as regularly so each time results in a blister.

I've tried a few things with an extra pair of socks on, made no difference. Indoor/outdoor boots result in the same blisters. So i doubt it's the shoes.

Anyone got any tips to try because i can't seem to get it to stop.
pab

Re: Blisters

Post by pab »

My athletics coach used to swear by a product called second skin
PB
Radioactive Race Engineering #16 / Lightning Karts KT100s #61
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Blisters are obviously caused by rubbing. Probably best to look at your shoes.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

My grandad used to rub metho on my heels when I got new soccer boots each season. Seemed to work ok too. Don't ask me why or how.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

hm...I'd say shoes.

You mention playing soccer along with boots...now that maybe an issue, boots are for climbing, trekking, maybe heavy working, but not for playing soccer.
(Sorry if I mis-understood.)

For me, blisters only occur if the shoe is too big and too rigid for the sport (which the boots usually are)
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Montey

Post by Montey »

I get blisters on my left heel a lot when I play golf.

To stop them I put two of those cloth Band-Aids (side by side to cover a larger surface area) over the affected area (between skin and sock) before each round and I no longer get blisters.
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
somebloke

Post by somebloke »

I've heard about metho, strange one if it works.

Well it is the side of my foot and more so on the inner sole of the shoe and my feet. There has to be some sort of friction there. I used to strap my foot up to hold band aids over it and generally that would work, as long as it never moved.

I'm going to try new boots for the coming season, so maybe that will work, both shoes fit fine but i guess i have to take slightly longer sizes due to width of my foot probably being a tad bigger.

Ysu, footy boots here are the sporting ones with sprigs. Guess we call both sorts boots.