Cricket 09/10

Cricket, footy, tennis, whatever
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Re: Cricket 09/10

Post by norbs »

Bauer wrote:
DexterPunk wrote:Punter needs to declare before too long.

fuck that. the series has been won. let em both get 300 :D
I think that will be the mindset. He is going to shove it down the throats of all the critics. I would rate a 300 hear against this rabble similar to Dizzies 200 against Bangladesh!
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

hhaha! your a pissa. I really don't think I can take any of your cricket opinions seriously anymore. I think you need a new team norbs... South Africa are doing well right now, how about them?
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Nice to see the Aussies giving a few big hits now they have a good score. Punters to declare at 500?
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
norbs

Post by norbs »

DexterPunk wrote:hhaha! your a pissa. I really don't think I can take any of your cricket opinions seriously anymore. I think you need a new team norbs... South Africa are doing well right now, how about them?
Well considering Dizzie was a fast bowler, I reckon it was a huge feat to score a double ton. And as it turns out, Ponting only scored 9 more than him. Dizzie's innings was way better. :nod:

As to the team. This team Australia is fielding atm isn't a very strong team if you ask me. Their results over the past few years have been mediocre at best. I am just telling it how it is, not being a tool like Ponting and Clarke who have said they will get back to where they deserve to be, #1 test team. Why do they deserve it? They have been towelled by England, India and South Africa of late. And this year they have beaten to teams that if we are being honest, would struggle against a state team here.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Yousef looks pissed!

edit - No double post allowed :lol:

two run outs in a row. fark, someone is going to be getting a mouthful.

;)
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

norbs wrote:
DexterPunk wrote:hhaha! your a pissa. I really don't think I can take any of your cricket opinions seriously anymore. I think you need a new team norbs... South Africa are doing well right now, how about them?
Well considering Dizzie was a fast bowler, I reckon it was a huge feat to score a double ton. And as it turns out, Ponting only scored 9 more than him. Dizzie's innings was way better. :nod:

As to the team. This team Australia is fielding atm isn't a very strong team if you ask me. Their results over the past few years have been mediocre at best. I am just telling it how it is, not being a tool like Ponting and Clarke who have said they will get back to where they deserve to be, #1 test team. Why do they deserve it? They have been towelled by England, India and South Africa of late. And this year they have beaten to teams that if we are being honest, would struggle against a state team here.
Towelled by ENgland...I dont think so. We may have been beaten, by one test...

South Africa, They beat us here, we beat them their...

India - cant recall the series score...

We are not that far off the pace, but we have certainly come back to the field...
norbs

Post by norbs »

Hazelb wrote:
norbs wrote:

Towelled by ENgland...I dont think so. We may have been beaten, by one test...

South Africa, They beat us here, we beat them their...

India - cant recall the series score...

We are not that far off the pace, but we have certainly come back to the field...
By beating teams ranked 6 and 8, yeah, giddee up. :yes: :rolleyes:
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

Yep, beaten by sides ranked lower than us, not sure re 6 and 8 thou.

No side can expect to loose players the calibur of Warne and McGrath, Langer Heyden andGilchrist and expect to stay number 1.

WIll be a long climb back I reckon...
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Bunch of negative nancies!

Shame on you guys for under-rating the Aussies. Shame. Shame. Shame. FFS we have been ranked in the top 3 if not 1st for how many years? Now we're 3rd and it's the end... we suck and can only beat most countries in the world instead of all of them! Seriously.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

That's what I was getting at... All this talk of, we arnt winning tests the other teams are losing them, ponting is rubbish, the team are a bunch of sooks, we are playing shit etc is just all negative talk of a team that's trying to rebuild after a huge loss of players. I'd rather just enjoy watching and supporting what we have rather than complain about it. Of course the Aussie players feel they deserve their number 1 spot. That's how elite sportsmen have to think.
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

DexterPunk wrote:That's what I was getting at... All this talk of, we arnt winning tests the other teams are losing them, ponting is rubbish, the team are a bunch of sooks, we are playing shit etc is just all negative talk of a team that's trying to rebuild after a huge loss of players. I'd rather just enjoy watching and supporting what we have rather than complain about it. Of course the Aussie players feel they deserve their number 1 spot. That's how elite sportsmen have to think.

:yes: :yes: :yes:
norbs

Post by norbs »

So we can talk them up when they are on fire, but can't be critical when they are playing ordinary cricket. Well fuck that! If you lot want to carry on with blind nationalism, go for it, but when we have a cricket team that claim they deserve to be #1 but play like a team that should be #3 or #4 them I will say so. They are led by a hopeless captain, with another one in the wings. Both great batsmen, but neither with any imagination or great leadership skills. We have been spoiled though. Border, Taylor and Waugh all bought different things to the teams before hand. Plus, Taylor and Waugh had the players at their disposal. The also had Warne, one of the best cricketing brains ever as far as I am concerned, in their teams. Waugh and Warne never really hit it off, but they seemed to be able to put things to the side on the field.

Ponting on the other hand doesn't seem to be able to get that extra bit out of his bowlers. The only inspired piece of captaincy lately was leaving Hauritz on in Sydney after he was belted for an over. He went on to take 5 wickets. Good captaincy that. But they are few and far between.

Fair enough if you blokes want to blindly say they are deserving of #1 spot, I can't stop you, but I can have an opinion. Ponting is a poor captain. Pup won't be much better. Sadly, they are probably the best of the test players, Hussey and maybe Katich aside.
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

Nicely put norbs.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
norbs

Post by norbs »

Nigel wrote:Nicely put norbs.

Oh fuck, what have I done? :lol:
Montey

Post by Montey »

norbs wrote:So we can talk them up when they are on fire, but can't be critical when they are playing ordinary cricket. Well fuck that! If you lot want to carry on with blind nationalism, go for it, but when we have a cricket team that claim they deserve to be #1 but play like a team that should be #3 or #4 them I will say so. They are led by a hopeless captain, with another one in the wings. Both great batsmen, but neither with any imagination or great leadership skills. We have been spoiled though. Border, Taylor and Waugh all bought different things to the teams before hand. Plus, Taylor and Waugh had the players at their disposal. The also had Warne, one of the best cricketing brains ever as far as I am concerned, in their teams. Waugh and Warne never really hit it off, but they seemed to be able to put things to the side on the field.

Ponting on the other hand doesn't seem to be able to get that extra bit out of his bowlers. The only inspired piece of captaincy lately was leaving Hauritz on in Sydney after he was belted for an over. He went on to take 5 wickets. Good captaincy that. But they are few and far between.

Fair enough if you blokes want to blindly say they are deserving of #1 spot, I can't stop you, but I can have an opinion. Ponting is a poor captain. Pup won't be much better. Sadly, they are probably the best of the test players, Hussey and maybe Katich aside.
:yes: Whats he said :yes:
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

I didn't say they deserved the #1 spot. I said the players can't be critisised for feeling that way. You have to believe your the best to be the best. I'm also not blind and know they arnt the side they used to be. Bit instead of whinging about it I still enjoy the cricket. The bitching in your posts was getting as predictable as a girls/sex schuey post.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Wow, going off in here. I think I'm with Dexter. We all know that they aren't at the level they used to be, but I found it pretty boring when Australia spanked everyone. I think Dexters point is, we know they aren't as good, but that's ok, you can still watch the cricket and enjoy it. God knows I would have ended myself a ling time ago if I thought like that being a Richmond supporter.

You can bitch and moan and give yourself an ulcer or you can just accept it and look forward to the next time we get on top.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Good start by Watto

;)
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

hahaa, what a ODI. I just enjoy watching the Pakistan supporters in the background. Smacked them!

;)
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

was certainly a belting.

Ponting's catch was fricken amazing.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Didn't see that...

;)
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Some guy has just videod his tele by the look, but it's good enough to get the idea. Was the only one I could find uploaded as yet.

[youtube] [/youtube]
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

wow, nice reflex. thanks Dex

I expected a lot more from Pakistan but was happy with the result. :D

;)
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Ponting has had a shocker of a day... out for a duck off 3 balls and then missed a runout from less than a yard away, at least they could all laugh about it.

Entertaining days cricket, well done to Harris. 5/43, awesome for him.

;)
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Dissapointed I missed it... On the other hand, I was at the beach with a few beers playing my own one dayer :D