Cricket 09/10

Cricket, footy, tennis, whatever
Montey

Re: Cricket 09/10

Post by Montey »

There's a new item on the menu down at my local central-asian take away..... The Ponting.... it's a duck recipe.
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

for anyone who is keeping an eye on the score, the Aussie U-19's are in the box seat to win the world cup

The Pakkies need a further 40 off 29 with only 2 wickets in hand. Its been close

go Aussie :D
--------------
Stu
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

9 down now :D
--------------
Stu
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

and thats that

Go Aussie :)

Australia Under-19s 207/9 (50 ov)

Pakistan Under-19s 182 (46.4 ov)

Australia Under-19s won by 25 runs
--------------
Stu
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

someone needs to get Afridi a packet of BBQ shapes or something :D
--------------
Stu
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

hehe yeah he was really hungry for a win!
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Bauer wrote:someone needs to get Afridi a packet of BBQ shapes or something :D
:rofl:
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Gayle made a brash call, Australia punished him for it today.

I understand that the West Indies aren't fielding their full strength, wouldnt that be more reason not to make such a massive announcement?
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

Unlike others I am pretty sure Gayle said that with tongue firmly implanted in cheek.
Maybe a combined WI and Pak. team would be a decent opponent?
XLV SPORT
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

I went to the PM's XI game last Thursday where Gayle scored 146 off 89. Awesome innings to watch. There was a lot of bad bowling but still, with the team making 399 off 45 overs, I thought they might be able to put up a fight against the Aussies. It's a shame Gayle threw away his wicket so early.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

Gayle only puts it together 1 in 3, 1 in 4 at best? Now most batsmen are the same but his degree of difficulty is higher and his failures are more noticeable because their only chance is for him to do something insane. What a crappy way to play cricket, a bit like a goal keeper in a penalty shoot out.
XLV SPORT
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Exar Kun wrote:I went to the PM's XI game last Thursday where Gayle scored 146 off 89. Awesome innings to watch. There was a lot of bad bowling but still, with the team making 399 off 45 overs, I thought they might be able to put up a fight against the Aussies. It's a shame Gayle threw away his wicket so early.
he was also dropped twice I believe. And yeah, the quality of bowling isn't as high. What did Gayle say by the way?? Didn't hear it.

Also, WTF is Bill Lawry on about? Best balanced bowling attack?? Errr Warne? McGrath???

I went to the T20 match on Friday night. I though Tait and Nannes (sp?) were brilliant.

I don't like Johnson.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Gayle said the Windies would win the series 4-1.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

they still could! :D

But also, i like that attitude particularly if he was serious. Good on him in my opinion. Im going to the 5th ODI, aust vs windies... hoping Gayle can put on a good show tbh.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

DexterPunk wrote:I don't like Johnson.
Johnson's probably my favourite player. A decent bowler, a brilliant fielder and by far the best batsmen of the bowlers. He can be excused for not taking wickets when he brings a lot to other areas of the game, and when the other bowlers are making up for any wickets he's not taking, it doesn't really matter.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Hes a shit bowler in my opinion... If you put a disc on the ground and told him to hit it, i doubt he could... hes all over the place, and almost cost the aussies the T20 game the other night.. getting spanked for 20 runs off his first over... thats just not excusable in my opinion. Didn't he also drop a catch? Hes not been good enough with the bat lately to be called an all rounder either. He has his days where he will take a 5 fa, but its rare... I know norbs used to rubbish him a bit, and id defend him, but I think I tend to agree now. If he could just sort out his line and length, and work on not being so damn expensive, he'd be great.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

it wasn't an easy catch to be honest. He is no Mcgrath as far as accuracy goes but he can take wickets and hit the ball. I dont think he is that bad a player.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Going for 20 in a T20 match certainly isn't the end of the world and his final 3 overs went for 4 in total, making amends for the first one. While he sometimes goes for a few runs his unpredictability is also his strength, he puts a bit of fear in the batsmen's minds that most don't. Rapping that Pakistani flush in the chest or breaking Graham Smiths hand twice.
I can understand some of the criticism but I think that's just what you get with him, you take the good with the bad and the bad certainly doesn't outweigh the good.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Jiminee wrote:Gayle only puts it together 1 in 3, 1 in 4 at best? Now most batsmen are the same but his degree of difficulty is higher and his failures are more noticeable because their only chance is for him to do something insane. What a crappy way to play cricket, a bit like a goal keeper in a penalty shoot out.
1/0 - I think you're right! Still, he should score a century in quick time next game. :D
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

doh.
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

Of course I am right, that's why I got called Jiminee in high school! :lol:

And um, yeah, so much for having a decent game to watch tonight. Not often a sporting contest is decided in literally the first action of the match. Of course anything can happen as the Superbowl showed us, but I don't see who could be Drew Brees for the Windies now.
XLV SPORT
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

3/11 :(

c'mon, i wanna see a game!
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

4/16

so at this rate, they should get about 40 runs?
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Aussies to wrap it up before dinner...

Maybe they can put a T20 on tonight then.
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

Given the current stuff is bordering on the ridiculous, lets go back to school yard stuff. Two captains (Ponting and Clarke), 22 other guys brought in and they go pick for pick with one 50 over game and one 20/20. This is not Aus v Aus A, I have tried to pick two balanced teams that would give a good contest.

Ponting’s Punters:

1. Watson
2. Katich
3. Ponting
4. M. Hussey
5. Voges
6. Hopes
7. Paine
8. Johnson
9. McGain
10. McKay
11. Bollinger
12. Smith

Clarke’s Clubbers:

1. Warner
2. Marsh
3. Clarke
4. D.Hussey
5. White
6. Enriques
7. Haddin
8. Hauritz
9. Harris
10. Bracken
11. Nannes
12. Tait

Did I miss anyone? Pretty balanced teams hopefully.
Bracken is on his way back and would be interesting to see where he is at, maybe one of the younger quicks could get a game and Tait and Smith would probably be cycled in for the 20/20 games.
XLV SPORT