Who has an iPhone?

All the talk regarding mobile phones, mobile internet access etc etc.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Re: Who has an iPhone?

Post by NeilPearson »

rofl woodsy

i has 2 black ones
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

thats what she said.
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

Actually I can't imagine life without the iPhone now. Not that I make that many calls with it. But the data part and apps (along with iPod functionality) makes it a great bit of kit.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

im the same, it's more than just a phone, but it does some super cool phone stuff anyway.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Yep, one of the best gadgets ive ever owned.
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

Its a shit phone... but its pretty bloody good as a portable computer!
eek
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

u musta got a dud... mines an ace phone.
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

No its not a dud..

to me a great "phone" has to have a real keyboard.. BUT I understand why the iphone doesnt.. but its not a "great" phone..
eek
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

my last phone (blackjack) had a real keyboard.. i don't miss it at all personally.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

DexterPunk wrote:u musta got a dud... mines an ace phone.

Actually, as a phone, it is a bit of a dud. 2 radio engineers that I know, one from Optus and one from Telstra say it is one of the worse performing phones available.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

never had an issue with mine :shrug:
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

As a phone, its reception is laughable, but the better half loves hers, flaws and all.

I prefer HTC/Winmo combo myself.
Last edited by Santaria on Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

reception is shocking.

but saying that i had far better reception when i was on telstra, compared to 3 who i am with now. (both on iphones)
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

mines no worse off than when i had my nokia.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

I've got a mate who can't get reception at work with his iPhone but had no problems with his Nokia before that. I hear mixed reports on good it is as a phone but everyone loves it otherwise.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

Mine is actually has better reception than my previous phone. That despite the fact that the last phone was with telstra, Go figure.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
norbs

Post by norbs »

The iPhone is probably fine in city areas, but where I live it isn't all that flash. This from a reply to an email I sent this morning asking if I could get some facts and figures (which I cant, they are commercial in confidence).

"The iPhone performs as well as an iPod that they have just managed to jam a phone into. Which is what it is. Basically an organiser than can make phone calls. Technically it is a shit mobile telephone, but technically most people drive shit cars."

That coming from an Apple zealot.

Like I said, in metro areas where coverage is ok, it is fine. On the outskirts, it is ok, but there are plenty of better mobile telephones out there. As an all in one, just about can't be beaten.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

norbs wrote:The iPhone is probably fine in city areas, but where I live it isn't all that flash. This from a reply to an email I sent this morning asking if I could get some facts and figures (which I cant, they are commercial in confidence).

"The iPhone performs as well as an iPod that they have just managed to jam a phone into. Which is what it is. Basically an organiser than can make phone calls. Technically it is a shit mobile telephone, but technically most people drive shit cars."

That coming from an Apple zealot.

Like I said, in metro areas where coverage is ok, it is fine. On the outskirts, it is ok, but there are plenty of better mobile telephones out there. As an all in one, just about can't be beaten.
you are prob right... I live in Melbourne. Or at least, around it anyway. I'm the same as nige, it has better reception than my blackjack did... That fone would say it's full and always drop out, or the person wouldn't be hearing me. That was was telstra as well, but I think the fone was just stuffed. If I have no reception my iPhone just roams to telstra anyway on 3. Been in the country a few times and had perfect reception. I'd say an iPhone on telstra or 3 is going to be better than optus.
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

I'm with Virgin, so I lose reception once I leave the city no matter which phone I have. Works perfectly within the suburban limits though
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

norbs wrote: Basically an organiser than can make phone calls. Technically it is a shit mobile telephone, but technically most people drive shit cars."
I would agree with that. When I got mine, Tracey asked why I wanted one as I dont answer the bastard that I had. I said I didnt want a new phone. I wanted an Ipod and a DS that I could make the occasional call from. Tracey's handbag contains her phone, her work phone, a camera, a Nintendo DSi and an iPod. I just use 1 pocket for my audio visual camera gaming tool and as a bonus I can send text and make calls :D oh and I also answer it more than I used to ;)
--------------
Stu
Brett_S

Post by Brett_S »

I reckon the performance of the "phone" part of the iPhone is dependant on which carrier you are on

I have heaps of issues with mine, no service, drop outs etc

My girlfriend gets full 3G everywhere she goes, she even got full 3G in the middle of nowhere when we went down to my mums place recently. There were 4 of us all on different carriers and only one of us had a signal

Guess who is with Telstra

Gotta try and get out of my contract
This is the way the world works, if you want want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the d**ks first - Eric Cartman
norbs

Post by norbs »

Maybe Brett. On my last road trip I took the work phone, a BlueTick NextG handset with me, and it performed well. There were still times my N95 on Optus still had a signal when the work phone didn't. There were other times the NextG had signal and the optus one didnt. I know where we live, NextG is up and down like Gizmo on a dildo, but the Optus connection is steady. Voda is no where to be seen. :)
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

its funny how different people have different thoughts on things. See I always thought Gizmo would have backed up on to it, not ridden it. :D
--------------
Stu
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Around my area phones on optus have no reception. Telstra and 3 do.
norbs

Post by norbs »

Well, after missing out on a $500 photography job this morning because the old N95 was doing its "Insert SIM" thing, I am now the reluctant owner of a 32gig Black iFone. :nod:

After kicking an screaming at Optus about them wanting me to pay out 2 months of my contract I got the phone at $0 and get 1gig of data a month for $79. So now it is costing me less per month than before when I was getting 25meg a month for $4.99. Work that out!

Will see how it goes for a few months and if I don't like it, will sell it to fund the HD2 or the Google phone which I played with an hour ago and love.