Who has an iPhone?

All the talk regarding mobile phones, mobile internet access etc etc.
wabbit

Re: Who has an iPhone?

Post by wabbit »

Why not just get a basic Nokia (6120 Classic) while you waited for the HD2 or G1?
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

wabbit wrote:Why not just get a basic Nokia (6120 Classic) while you waited for the HD2 or G1?
The iPhone plan was the only one with data (1Gig) included. Optus the fuckers virtually force you onto the iPhone.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

norbs wrote:The iPhone plan was the only one with data (1Gig) included. Optus the fuckers virtually force you onto the iPhone.
Ahh okay good point.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

norbs wrote:
wabbit wrote:Why not just get a basic Nokia (6120 Classic) while you waited for the HD2 or G1?
The iPhone plan was the only one with data (1Gig) included. Optus the fuckers virtually force you onto the iPhone.

yeah, i guess its because its the first kinda phone of that kind... things will change though before long i reckon. Ima sit back with me chippies and see how this phone war goes, and grab what ever is winning when my contract finishes.
Robbo

Post by Robbo »

I guess I'm not a phone connoisseur but my iPhone is by far the best gadget I have ever owned. I know heaps of people that have them and when mobiles were just mobiles, you'd have 10 people in a room with 10 different phones. These days, half will have iPhones. Good phones or just good marketing? Doesn't matter. As a phone, it is better than any I have previously owned and as a device, it continues to be a marvell.

I play music on it, make calls on it, email with it, and chat with it. I'm currently reading Lord Of The Rings on it which is I book I would never have the patience to read in hardcopy. The latest iteration of the iPhone for me is audible books. I have now 'read' Richard Hammond's book On The Edge twice while driving. I can use it as a Whoopie cushion and dictate ideas to it.

It works for me!!
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

Robbo wrote: I can use it as a Whoopie cushion
It works for me!!
well that just sold another million of them :D
Last edited by Bauer on Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--------------
Stu
Robbo

Post by Robbo »

Bauer wrote:[quote="Robbo" I can use it as a Whoopie cushion
It works for me!!
well that just sold another million of them :D[/quote]

One of my favorite apps !! Hehe :D
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

I'm planning to get one for Bibi when she goes back to work. Looks lkke I can get the 8 gig one free on a $49 plan (Optus) which probably has enough data allowance for her needs. I haven't tried to see if I can get a better deal from Optus yet on the basis of having home phone, TV and cable internet with then long term - would it be worth it?

Any thoughts appreciated.

smiss
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

The 8GB will be the older 3G. The 3GS is a much better phone. I'm on a $49 cap with 3 for a 16 GB 3GS. You really don't wanna go the old 3G if u can avoid it.
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

DexterPunk wrote:You really don't wanna go the old 3G if u can avoid it.
Totally agree, I'd expect in July they'll replace the 3G model offering with a 3GS 16GB. As you said the speed & battery life makes using a 3GS a much more pleasurable experience.
norbs

Post by norbs »

If the battery life of the old 3G is worse than the 3GS, stay away from it Smiss. The 3GS is fucking hopeless with regards to battery life. Apple really need to sort out their battery issues. My MacBook Pro has virtually consumed its second battery in not quite 3 years! Apple batteries are fucking hopeless.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

My iPhone is fine on it's battery. If u use it just as a phone it will last a few days. If I start gaming on it etc it sucks life. But to be expected really. Even playing music uses bugger all.
norbs

Post by norbs »

DexterPunk wrote:My iPhone is fine on it's battery. If u use it just as a phone it will last a few days. If I start gaming on it etc it sucks life. But to be expected really. Even playing music uses bugger all.
The bride was playing Bejewelled in the car on the way to Mick's wedding and the battery was at 15% after 2.5 hours. I don't think that is very good.
Robbo

Post by Robbo »

I've got the 8GB and with contant use, it is pretty ordinary. As a phone and 'normal' use though, I've never had any dramas. I'm in the habit of popping it on the PC charger at every opportunity though.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

What else do u expect after 2.5 hours of gaming on a phone. The battery would be tiny to fit in the tiny thing, and the games are the most resource hungry I've ever seen on a phone. My laptop only lasts about 4 hours and that has a massive battery. And that's not 4 hrs of gaming either.

It depends how u use the phone, and I think it's neither surprising or unacceptable.
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

norbs wrote:The bride was playing Bejewelled in the car on the way to Mick's wedding and the battery was at 15% after 2.5 hours. I don't think that is very good.
This is why you need a DS and/or PSP ;)
norbs

Post by norbs »

AstrO wrote:
norbs wrote:The bride was playing Bejewelled in the car on the way to Mick's wedding and the battery was at 15% after 2.5 hours. I don't think that is very good.
This is why you need a DS and/or PSP ;)
probably right. We have a DS. Might grab Bejewelled for her.
Doso

Post by Doso »

DexterPunk wrote:What else do u expect after 2.5 hours of gaming on a phone. The battery would be tiny to fit in the tiny thing, and the games are the most resource hungry I've ever seen on a phone. My laptop only lasts about 4 hours and that has a massive battery. And that's not 4 hrs of gaming either.

It depends how u use the phone, and I think it's neither surprising or unacceptable.
Apple make it worse by sealing the battery in the Iphone other manufactures allow optional bigger battery's for longer playing time
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Doso wrote:
DexterPunk wrote:What else do u expect after 2.5 hours of gaming on a phone. The battery would be tiny to fit in the tiny thing, and the games are the most resource hungry I've ever seen on a phone. My laptop only lasts about 4 hours and that has a massive battery. And that's not 4 hrs of gaming either.

Apple make it worse by sealing the battery in the Iphone other manufactures allow optional bigger battery's for longer playing time

I do agree with that, i would have liked to be able to get to the battery easier, and a separate charger for it, so you could always swap one over while the other charges.
Doso

Post by Doso »

DexterPunk wrote: I do agree with that, i would have liked to be able to get to the battery easier, and a separate charger for it, so you could always swap one over while the other charges.
it's not only that, it's not being able to use a bigger battery at all (I know there are covers with bigger batteries in them for the Iphone but there ugly as sin)
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

i got one today, that is all. 16gb 3gs
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

you will enjoy it Hz.