A few things to offload

Buying or Selling stuff? Here's the place to do it.
Forum rules
The admins take no responsibility for goods sold, bought or swapped on the forums. This forum is purely for making others aware that you have stuff to buy, sell or swap. Please make all transactions of money and goods via PM or email.

Sellers must have a reasonable number of posts on this board to advertise. If you register and advertise straight away then your post will be viewed as spam and removed. Please contact one of the admins, however, if you think your ad warrants special consideration.

Thanks.
c.j
Midget Wanker

A few things to offload

Post by c.j »

After seeing Dex's post I thought it about time I get rid of some things.

I am selling the bits from my desktop. I want to build another one after I get my 6 speed box for my WRX.

Intel Core 2 Duo e6600 2.4ghz.
Asus P5B Deluxe Mobo Wifi (800 FSB)
Geil 2gb (2x1gb) Mem (800mhz)
nvidia 9600GT (1gb i think - ill check tonight)
Thermal Take Tough Power 750w psu
5.1 sound card - Creative 5.1 -free if you pay the postage. :)
LG 19" LCD screen. 1919s Have extra long power and screen cable with it (I am keeping my 24" cause its 1080P ready)

All parts make an offer. I am a reasonable man, most of the time. :D

Ohlins Front Forks - Suit all YZ/F and WR/F models from 01-07 (after that not sure)
Set at medium/stiff for hardpacked. Have slow/medium internal springs as spare for sand tracks. Heaps of extra fork seals etc. Cost me $1300. Looking to get rid of them quickly, no reasonable offer refused and you'd be suprised.
Had about 50 hours use. Probably need rechroming however they werent leaking when I last had them on a bike and they have been in storage and wrapped since.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Re: A few things to offload

Post by norbs »

Is that a whole computer c.j. or are you keeping the case?

I might be interested, but haven't the foggiest idea what it is all worth.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Yea it is. But I will keep the HDD.

It isnt worth much mate. I bought it all in 2007-08.

I listed it individually because I thought it was easier. It is all in the case and ready to boot, less the HDD.
Honestly mate make an offer. I am not going to rip anyone off, and I posted it here for that reason. CBF'd with the ebay experience.

If you want some pics etc let me know.

;)
norbs

Post by norbs »

Ok, I looked on eBay to try and get pricing, what a cluster fuck that is. Can someone more up on PC parts give me some sort of ball park. I really dont want to get the forum member trained with guns off side. :D
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

hehe... i probably couldnt hit the side of a barn anymore. Seriously i think something around the $200 mark would be fair. The most expensive items in the case are now the graphics card and the psu. The PSU is rock solid.

CPU would be around $20
Mobo around $40
Graphics card around $80
PSU around $150 (was $300 18 months ago)
Case $10
soundcard free
plus i added two extra case fans (uber quiet but suck some big air through) from pccasegear.com.au

I am not asking for $200, but that would be about the mark. So make an offer, taking into account postage, which would be a bit given the weight. But would be wrapped up nice and tight.

;)
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

a 2.4 isnt too bad CJ, id say about $40 at least.

you have a screen listed as well.. i use LG monitors, the LGs (at least a few years ago) were the best of the consumer end monitors for colour reproduction in my opinion. That would prob be worth $60-80 id think as well.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

I would not rate the PSU that high, it ages and becomes less stable, less reliable, less powerful (altho it's not an issue here it's waaaay too much for this setup)
But othewise IMHO ~$200 total is a very decent price, I'd have thought more (but I'm not into used stuff at all).
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

ysu wrote:I would not rate the PSU that high, it ages and becomes less stable, less reliable, less powerful (altho it's not an issue here it's waaaay too much for this setup)
But othewise IMHO ~$200 total is a very decent price, I'd have thought more (but I'm not into used stuff at all).

how fast do they degrade do you know?? hope my 650watt is still ok for my new system.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

DexterPunk wrote:
ysu wrote:I would not rate the PSU that high, it ages and becomes less stable, less reliable, less powerful (altho it's not an issue here it's waaaay too much for this setup)

how fast do they degrade do you know?? hope my 650watt is still ok for my new system.
There was an article about that on HWsecrets, a generic PSU article... Can't find it, but on the aging's effect on power output is significant.
Electrolytic capacitor aging.
When used heavily or over an extended period of time (1+ years) a power supply will slowly lose some of its initial wattage capacity. We recommend you add 10-20% if you plan to keep your PSU for more than 1 year, or 20-30% for 24/7 usage and 1+ years"
But then a 650W psu is still pretty well above what you might need for an average desktop. It's drawing usually about 250-350W under normal use IIRC - but of course it can fluctuate heavily depending on components.

Add to that, that most PSUs become very skittish around the limit, and may not even be able to provide the quoted power at all when new (noname PSUs w/o exception are like this)
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
norbs

Post by norbs »

c.j wrote:hehe... i probably couldnt hit the side of a barn anymore. Seriously i think something around the $200 mark would be fair. The most expensive items in the case are now the graphics card and the psu. The PSU is rock solid.

CPU would be around $20
Mobo around $40
Graphics card around $80
PSU around $150 (was $300 18 months ago)
Case $10
soundcard free
plus i added two extra case fans (uber quiet but suck some big air through) from pccasegear.com.au

I am not asking for $200, but that would be about the mark. So make an offer, taking into account postage, which would be a bit given the weight. But would be wrapped up nice and tight.
Rightio, will run it past the chief financial scrutineer and see what she says. Will get back to you c.j.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Forgot about the screen, my bad norbs.

Include that in the $200 mark.

I dont use the screen at all. Hasn't been used since i was lfs'ing. I will obviously test all the components before i sent them off.

I bought the PSU because I was going to run an SLI setup. From my own experience the PSU hasnt been used anywhere near capacity, even when running two burners and two hdd's at the same time.

No rush Norbs.

;)
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

add me on msn if you want norbs, cj_harvey_aus at hotmail.com

going out for abit to my brothers house, be there til about 4-ish.

;)