Post by 9ra55h0ppaH »

http://thingsboganslike.wordpress.com/the-full-list/

Some corkers in there... does anyone own an Ed Hardy Shirt? :p
Now with Added Flickr
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Re: What Bogans Like

Post by DexterPunk »

I dispute nearly all of this... The list applies to douches/jocks.

Bogans love AC/DC, 80s metal, denim and VB tinnies... And generally rock. I keep seeing/hearing the term bogan, I'm my opinion incorrectly used to describe arsehole jocks... It's an insult to Frankston.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Fuck me I am sick of that term.

I Tweeted the other week a question that I will ask here. Why is the term bogan ok, but poofter isn't? Aren't they both put downs?
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

DexterPunk wrote:I dispute nearly all of this... The list applies to douches/jocks.

Bogans love AC/DC, 80s metal, denim and VB tinnies... And generally rock. I keep seeing/hearing the term bogan, I'm my opinion incorrectly used to describe arsehole jocks... It's an insult to Frankston.
I agree.. the original meaning of bogan has been taken and no longer resembles the true meaning, what you've described above. Bogans couldn't afford Ed Hardy t-shirts cos they've spent all their money on VB and Winnie Blues (tucked under their tshirt on their shoulder)
pab

Post by pab »

I was very dissapointed when I visited the page on "Massive Cans"
PB
Radioactive Race Engineering #16 / Lightning Karts KT100s #61
schuey97
Yet to Dip his Nib

Post by schuey97 »

what a lot of bull ..... im not a bogan.
Schuey's Unobtainables
Natalie Portman -- Delta Goodrem -- Miranda Kerr -- Avril Lavigne
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

I tick the box in a fair few of those things and I wouldnt call myself a bogan.

No mullett, no shitty half grown facial hair, no pimple scabs, no chequed shirt etc.

Half the things on that list most people would have or use. What is wrong with Wedding Photo's?
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
VTRacing
Team Pedant (c)

Post by VTRacing »

Interesting, I'm pretty sure that grasshoppah wasn't expecting that response.

Personally, I think it's a funny site. C.j. did you read the article on wedding photos?
:teach:
9ra55h0ppaH
Master artist
Master artist

Post by 9ra55h0ppaH »

VTRacing wrote:Interesting, I'm pretty sure that grasshoppah wasn't expecting that response.
Got that right! i do agree with many of you about the original meaning of the term, and how its now become a very blanket term, depending on who you talk to. while the old man might still blow all of his money on VB and Smokes, i don't think their kids do the same thing, which is what the site would be taking their aim at.

The site was definitely written from a very elitist point of view too.

I read the site as a joke, not an in-depth, credible social commentary :)
Now with Added Flickr
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Yea i did, it is funny...

I just dont think its too accurate. Davron Park in Adelaide is where to conduct the research of what a true Bogan is.

maybe my posts are a little direct, i have had a pretty interesting day.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

schuey97 wrote:what a lot of bull ..... im not a bogan.
You do plan to hot up a commodore though, so you're heading down a slippery slope :p
schuey97
Yet to Dip his Nib

Post by schuey97 »

kwijibo wrote:
schuey97 wrote:what a lot of bull ..... im not a bogan.
You do plan to hot up a commodore though, so you're heading down a slippery slope :p
Car Enthusiast :p
Schuey's Unobtainables
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

More of a yobbo list than a bogan one
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

they forgot AC/DC concerts. I was discussing with my work mate what would be the biggest boganmobile these days and we think it might have moved from a VN Commodore a few years ago to the VR/VS now. Every time i hear wheels squealing i look to see what sort of car it is and you can almost guarantee that it's a Commodore of some sort. Plus they are easy to steal.
VTRacing
Team Pedant (c)

Post by VTRacing »

He made a comment that he's not interested in documenting the retro-80s bogan (flannel shirt, AC/DC on permanent rotation) in favour of the neo-bogan tendencies of the 21st century.
:teach:
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

w00dsy wrote:I was discussing with my work mate what would be the biggest boganmobile these days and we think it might have moved from a VN Commodore a few years ago to the VR/VS now. Every time i hear wheels squealing i look to see what sort of car it is and you can almost guarantee that it's a Commodore of some sort.
Couldn't agree more. Ever since i moved out north ive noticed so many Commonwhores being driven in that manner. Twits!
I had one bloke come flying up behind me tonight at around 100 clicks in a 70 zone. I had fun for the next 10kms blocking him in the traffic :p
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
schuey97
Yet to Dip his Nib

Post by schuey97 »

w00dsy wrote:they forgot AC/DC concerts. I was discussing with my work mate what would be the biggest boganmobile these days and we think it might have moved from a VN Commodore a few years ago to the VR/VS now. Every time i hear wheels squealing i look to see what sort of car it is and you can almost guarantee that it's a Commodore of some sort. Plus they are easy to steal.
Great, they moved to the Commodore I like the most. Was never a fan of the VN.
Schuey's Unobtainables
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

unless you put standard wheels on the back you might not get classed as one of them. Burnout wheels must be the biggest give away to cops that the dude is a bit of a hoon.
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

VTRacing wrote:Interesting, I'm pretty sure that grasshoppah wasn't expecting that response.
Jesus Christ. Do you know how long I have looked at his nick under his avatar and wondered what the hell it said; and only realised now, with that quote what it was. Stupid dyslexic brain.

As to bogans. Never really called them that when we were growing up. One of my mates and I were discussing this with a friend who owned the corner shop. We knew who we describing, but didn't really have a name to put to it. Then almost at the end of the discussion a woman with almost no teeth, stringy unwashed hair, smokes rolled up in here t-shirt sleeve, drainpipe acid wash jeans, mokosons and a gravelly voice came in and said "I'll have a four and twenty phanks." Then name stuck, they were ever after called "Four and Twenties". I didn't hear the word Bogan used till 20 years later.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

we just called them ferals
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

Nigel wrote:
Jesus Christ. Do you know how long I have looked at his nick under his avatar and wondered what the hell it said; and only realised now, with that quote what it was. Stupid dyslexic brain.
LOL I know how you feel. It wasnt until YNOT typed a post with his name Tony some time ago that I realised YNOT is Tony backwards :)
--------------
Stu
9ra55h0ppaH
Master artist
Master artist

Post by 9ra55h0ppaH »

only places i use that nickname is here and OCAU, where ive had user accounts for years... a moment of madness in my younger years i spose :)
Now with Added Flickr
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Bauer wrote:
Nigel wrote:
LOL I know how you feel. It wasnt until YNOT typed a post with his name Tony some time ago that I realised YNOT is Tony backwards :)

Ohhh!! I just thought it was a play on "Why Not".. i guess it could be that too.

Also, I didnt even twig that was who VT was talking about when he said "grasshoppah"... actually I think I read the post and got confused and continued on reading. It wasn't till you posted Nige that I knew what this grasshoppah thing was all about. So I didnt know either. I just saw what seemed to be a random arrangement of numbers and letters... Im not very leet. :( oops... i mean 1337.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

Grass has never confused me, but i also thought ynot was why not.
Coopz
King of the Wierd
King of the Wierd

Post by Coopz »

#23 – Locally Produced, Foreign Label Beer

LOL
norbs wrote:
Stop bullying him. You have more birthdays each year than he gets roots!