Not decided yet
2%
Not buying it
26%

Total votes: 53

Dr. Pain

Re: Codemasters F1 2010

Post by Dr. Pain »

All bar Mclaren, Ferrari and RBR offered me a contract by Spa. Ferrari were getting interested. I'm only doing 3 seasons for a start then will ramp it up to 7 and see if I get to drive for the great teams, Ferrari, Mclaren, Mercedes, Williams. If I can get into those teams and win championships at the hardest level I'll be well pleased.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by Gizmo »

I'm on legand AI and got 2nd in the championship first time round. I'm doing 7 seasons and got a drive for mclaren in my second season and won the championship and i've only just finished the race at monza....lol I have noticed though that when they ask for your main rival in the championship, if you beat them, you get offered their seat after the last race. I don't like the fact that doing 7 seasons i can go from lotus to rbr or mclaren....kinda makes the career pointless. I want to get a drive with williams or renault and build their cars up.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

It seems the save game corruption happens on the PS3.... 1/2 way through a season and its fucked

Think i'll leave it and play Red Dead Redemption until they patch it
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

There is a work around....http://community.codemasters.com/forum/ ... round.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Gizmo wrote:There is a work around....http://community.codemasters.com/forum/ ... round.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Had to start a new career. You can't start the game at all with a dud save game on the PS3
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

r8response wrote:
Gizmo wrote:There is a work around....http://community.codemasters.com/forum/ ... round.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Had to start a new career. You can't start the game at all with a dud save game on the PS3
You don't need to start the game on the ps3.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

The lack of split times is infuriating.

I just restarted my season and at bahrain I knew senna was ahead but I had no way of knowing if it was 5 seconds or 5 hours. All I knew was our lap time gaps to the leader. That's about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Ended up last :D
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
WizardHat

Post by WizardHat »

Big Kev wrote:The lack of split times is infuriating.

I just restarted my season and at bahrain I knew senna was ahead but I had no way of knowing if it was 5 seconds or 5 hours. All I knew was our lap time gaps to the leader. That's about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Ended up last :D
I hope they add that with the patch.. though I'm not holding my breath.

It's a pretty silly thing for them to leave out.. I thought these guys were F1 nuts? Surely F1 nuts would want to know who's in front or behind them and by how many seconds..

I'm onto my 3rd season now, it's getting a lot more fun for me now that I'm not at the top of the championship and trying to chase down the top 3.
The only thing we really need is a good tune, good view & a good brew.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Gizmo wrote:
r8response wrote:

You don't need to start the game on the ps3.
Throw the disc in, and it automatically loads the dodgy save. So you need to delete it, otherwise it hangs constantly at the same spot.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

After a few days of simply hotlapping I jumped back into the career. I had a really good run at Monaco by dropping the difficulty a notch and starting from last. I enjoyed fighting my way up to tenth by being patient and not barging my way through. Next race at Turkey and the game is back to infuriating me. Punctures galore including as soon as I exit the pits on a fresh set of tyres. It's just really bizarre that it does that sometimes.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

I have had that before, and I think its because they actually werent changing my tyres. Pretty sure you have to press a pit in button so that they actually change the set?

Also, I can never really tell how many sets of tyres I have, or if im using fresh or used ones like I can with the engines. Is there something I'm missing?
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

I just did my second race. Melbourn on intermediates as it was drizzly.

I was just behind Di Grassi, I pitted, a couple of laps later he pitted and I passed him while he was stopped but by the end of the race somehow he was ahead of me again.

I think I might stick to time trials until the patch comes out. The game timings are screwed.
My Flickr Stream
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

I had some online fun today.

I am only up to race 9 on my first season so a few tracks I didn't know to well, but I did okay. There are alot of shit drivers out there! One guy rammed me 3 times in braking zones in one race, then the next race in melbs I just rammed him into t3 and he got DQ for some reason and quit. Gave him a negative reply on XBL to haha
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

DexterPunk wrote:I have had that before, and I think its because they actually werent changing my tyres. Pretty sure you have to press a pit in button so that they actually change the set?

Also, I can never really tell how many sets of tyres I have, or if im using fresh or used ones like I can with the engines. Is there something I'm missing?
Look left at the tyre menu, in the cockpit. you can select tyres there, it gives you all the info about why sets you have left and how worn they are
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Yeah I can look left and select tyros, but the info I can't see anywhere.
WizardHat

Post by WizardHat »

And you've got tyre simulation on?

The info doesn't show up when it's off.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Aquired this for the PC on Friday. Added the nicer sky mods and been having a blast with it since i started my career from scratch. :)
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
WizardHat

Post by WizardHat »

Coming up to the Brazil round in my 3rd season.

Table looks like:

Me: 229
Alonso: 229
Webber: 223
Hamilton: 220

Gonna be a good last few races for the season.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Im still in my first season, in 4th in the championship after a win at Monza.. struggled hard in the wet in singapore.. soo not looking forward to the race
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

WizardHat wrote:Coming up to the Brazil round in my 3rd season.

Table looks like:

Me: 229
Alonso: 229
Webber: 223
Hamilton: 220

Gonna be a good last few races for the season.
[Bernie Mode] That points system clearly doesn't work. It would be better with a medal system in place[/Bernie Mode] :D

I've just done a 50% race at China on expert to test out tyres. I did so as Muppet said he was popping them left right and centre there so I gave it ago. It was wet so started on inters and it dried out. I stayed out on inters for as long as possible, finding water to cool them. I ran over curbs and cained the life out of them and no punctures. I ran 19 laps on options and found they went through two heat cycles before they were degrading right at the end of the 28 laps. On both sets I ran over curbs, dropped off the edge of them, couple of brake lock ups, spun the car and a bit of wheel spin almost every lap. Not one blow out. In fact I've done 7 races, 5 20% and 2 50% races with everything on and never had trouble.

Hope writing this doesn't be my downfall :yikes:
Minister for Religious Genocide.
VTRacing
Team Pedant (c)

Post by VTRacing »

Mark Webber plays F1 2010.
:teach:
WizardHat

Post by WizardHat »

Just finished my 3rd season as World Champion for the 2nd time, got offered Massa's spot at Ferrari.

Have been playing legend all season and getting consistent podiums, it's not too much hassle but if you spin off it's a prick trying to get spots back.

Still really enjoying the game.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

HALP!!

I am racing an Montreal at the moment... I decided to start on primes, and stay out late and switch to the options later in the race instead of vice versa... it was a wet Q3 so i could do that. But I just got to my pit stop and the retards put primes back on!! wtf? is there anyway i can tell them what tyres I want. I know theres a race strategy thing which i forgot to look at, but surely you can make a call on track as to what tyres you want in your stop?
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

I think you press 1 (or I've seen something about pressing the first 4 numbers anyway) to bring up an on screen pit menu. You can then make a call on a tyre change. How you're supposed to do that and drive at the same time I'm not sure :)
My Flickr Stream
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

ahhh thanks Kev :yes: ill keep that in mind and try that out at some stage. I ended up killing the process via task manager, and it didnt save anything except for my qually... so I could go back in and set the race strategy properly.