Not decided yet
2%
Not buying it
26%

Total votes: 53

petey

Re: Codemasters F1 2010

Post by petey »

Well if LFS ever comes back from the grave I would be very happy indeed but hopes aren't high.

However iRacing only appears to be going up ? I am going to jump on the bandwagon as soon as my data rolls over so I can stay uncapped for a few days ^ ^

You can be 100% sure no large commercial company will make a true simulation that joe blogs can't play however, just common sense.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Robbo wrote:Graphically it looks fantastic.
agreed :up:

the damage department tho...:no: at least on this iteration it has none. :)
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

r8response wrote:The days of fully fledged simulations are over. Companies want to increase their bottom line, so they need to cater to the ADHD generation.

Enjoy iRacing, LFS, rFactor, RBR etc, because they are more than likely the last of the sim breed.
Now I don't agree with you there. There will always be a large number of people who'd prefer realism to speed.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Missed my point entirely :yes:
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

Hand on with F1 2010 from inside sim racing!

[youtube] [/youtube]

Also on the R8 point, yeah i dont think we will see any big name companys deliver sim racing, however i think rfactor has shown that there is still a market for sim racing, and it will survive, just not with big dev teams behind it
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

r8response wrote:Missed my point entirely :yes:
possibly; please explain then :)
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

GT VIRUS wrote:Hand on with F1 2010 from inside sim racing!

[youtube] [/youtube]

Also on the R8 point, yeah i dont think we will see any big name companys deliver sim racing, however i think rfactor has shown that there is still a market for sim racing, and it will survive, just not with big dev teams behind it

Looks really good, as I said in this thread a few times I liked Dirt 2, this looks like something I will enjoy heaps.. I think iRacing has shown me im just not always up for that hardcore practice for 3 hours, tweak setup and then jump in to find some retard takes you out in turn 1 style sim, this looks like it will suit me more/
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Yeah im thinking the same Nutty, it looks to have the fun factor and career mode sounds pretty amusing
Hello :aussie:
VIPEROSI

Post by VIPEROSI »

Well now that i have a pc on the way that will be capable of running the game, i may pay more attention to this title in the hope that like need for speed shift members of the gaming community will make modifications to physics of the game.
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by Gizmo »

SRT said it's not a sim. Nowhere close! And it's looked crap with a wheel. Hope they fix that! It looks amazing though.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I just looked at the E3 clip of F1 2010 and I hope theres a difference between the PC and console versions because it looked very arcadish to me.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Dr. Pain wrote:I just looked at the E3 clip of F1 2010 and I hope theres a difference between the PC and console versions because it looked very arcadish to me.
The E3 clips are all obviously played with a controller rather than a wheel and a n00b using the controller at that. They would have had every arcade setting switched on to help people out (and they're still hopeless!) so it's not really much to go on for experienced gamers on a PC with a wheel.

I'm not holding out any hope that this will be a sim but graphically it looks awesome. I really want a jump in and play F1 game that will be fun. I'll leave my hours of tinkering and practice to iRacing.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I like having the option of hardcore and the ability to dumb things down in those types of games. I don't practice iRacing enough partly due to trouble with my left ankle but I can have a quick blast. I like GTR 2 for that reason, quick blast, so hope this is along those lines and it can be made difficult with a full on sim mode.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

But we're talking codemasters here. Anyone hoping for a proper sim will be very disappointed. :tilt:
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

E3 videos here.

http://www.virtualr.net/f1-2010-three-m ... ay-videos/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

still dont know what to buy it, prob PC I guess
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Exar Kun wrote:But we're talking codemasters here. Anyone hoping for a proper sim will be very disappointed. :tilt:
yep... Best that can be hoped for is some reasonible physics which are fun. I don't care too much if the realism is there so long as the racing aspect is fun, and a wheel can be used properly.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

A couple more E3 videos but this time captured properly rather than video of the screen. Looks nice.

http://www.virtualr.net/f1-2010-two-new ... -articles/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

The pit radio guy, could he point out any more obvious tips in one lap!!! :bang:
Reminds me of the bloke giving Massa driving tips :p

Graphically, it looks fantsitic. I hope this will be good. I know it wont be sim level good but i hope its at least fun and not frustrating.

EDIT: the lack of oversteer especially in the wet is a bit worrying.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

That AI is rubbish. Can't stand games with shitty opponent car behaviour like that.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

KNAPPO wrote:The pit radio guy, could he point out any more obvious tips in one lap!!! :bang:
Reminds me of the bloke giving Massa, for sure, driving tips :p
Codemasters community rep confirmed that you can turn that shit off completely.
With regards the race engineer he says fewer of the obvious things when you rank up. E.g. he stops telling you about gravel on your tyres resulting in less grip when you hit level 4 IIRC. You can also disable the RE voice if you wish. Obviously not everyone who buys the game will be an expert on F1, so this is to help ease new players into the game and explain some of the fundamentals of F1 driving.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Should there be that much tyre squeeling in the wet?
petey

Post by petey »

DarrenM wrote:That AI is rubbish. Can't stand games with shitty opponent car behaviour like that.
Incredibly erratic driving from the AI definitely :rolleyes:

Makes the game look sooo less impressive. They must have a completely different physics engine for the AI as they took craphouse lines 9/10 and flicking all over the place but managed to keep up on the straights.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Games often don't apply even the basic physics engines to the opponent cars. Takes up too much resources.
richo

Post by richo »

Shite with a capital absolutely .

Happy to eat my own anus if i,m wrong*

*conditions apply
[]D [] []v[] []D
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Just been reading more about those E3 demos.
'apparently'....

*These clips were from the E3 build - there has been alot more tweaks since.
*These clips were a demo which only featured 1 lap of Spa, set on Easy (hence the slow speeds from the AI)
*The steering wheel movement has been adjusted since these clips.
*The audio (ie. the tyre screetching round corners) has been adjusted.
*Also, the radio has been adjusted. He also said that when you first start the career, he tends to point out slightly more obvious things (like taking it easy in the wet etc), but as you move on, the calls will become a little more detailed. You can turn the radio off if you wish.
*There will be a Dev Diary video coming up soon based on the damage system
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream