What are people playing lately?

General game chat
DarrenM

Re: What are people playing lately?

Post by DarrenM »

Most games are 720p. Red Dead runs less than that on PS3, so it looks very pixelated to me.
http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=46241" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For shooters it's not going to compete with a mouse, but you'll get better with practice. Using the L2 aim assist in RDR makes it piss easy. L2 + slight up right stick = headshot. I've found other shooters like Killzone 2 and Unchartered easier to aim in.
petey

Post by petey »

I found Red Dead looked pretty good on my 42" full hd. noticable difference on my 32" 720p.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Rots wrote:I modded my copy of S.T.A.L.K.E.R last year and was impressed. One mod had random nuclear blowouts which, if you didn't find shelter, would kill you. They look and sounded awesome. Also unlocked a lot of different mutated beasts to fight and made the game more of a sandbox type of RPG/FPS.

Oh, it also unlocked vehicles so you could drive them which was cool.
I think thats Oblivion Lost, I went with the S.T.A.L.K.E.R Complete 2009 pack because it changed alot of the AI the same as Oblivion Lost, but it upgraded the textures and added alot of new Graphical updates and looks far prettier. From what I was able to find Oblivion lost is more realism orientated. I wanted to keep the game closer to original but make it look prettier for my first run through...
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

Yeah it was that mod. I finished the game once stock then applied that mod. After you complete it, it's worth having a go with that mod. You can properly join a faction and wage war rather than complete storey and if you complete the storey the game doesn't end. There are also random army raids/faction raids which can be fun to watch/join in.

As of now I am playing ALIEN SWARM!!!1!!
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Just played through Crysis on my couple of days off. I had an eyegasm over how good it still looks. It's probably taken this long to be able to run the game at maxed out graphics on available hardware. It was a good fun bit of shooting. Not much thinking required but good looking enough to keep me interested.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Exar Kun wrote:Just played through Crysis on my couple of days off. I had an eyegasm over how good it still looks. It's probably taken this long to be able to run the game at maxed out graphics on available hardware. It was a good fun bit of shooting. Not much thinking required but good looking enough to keep me interested.
Totally agree, I've already played it twice but it's just good. That's the original one, the sequel is not as good IMHO.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Darren, thanks for the tip on demon's souls! I'm thoroughly enjoying it :D
It's wicked!
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

ysu wrote:Darren, thanks for the tip on demon's souls! I'm thoroughly enjoying it :D
It's wicked!
I thought it was getting easier, but it must have just been a couple easy levels. I'm back to dying a lot :)

Did you get the version with the strategy guide? I found it really helpful. The game seems fairly simple, but there's a fair bit of depth to the weapon upgrades etc.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Nah, just the game itself.
I'm dying enough anyway, but it's usually due to me not being careful enough, so it's ok. :)

I'll try to get a pdf of that guide somewhere, it'd be valuable I guess.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

This wiki has the same info. I just find it handier to be able to flick through the book than switch over to my PC.

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

ah! thanks I've already found that wiki
My only issue with it is that it contains a bit too much info, and I tend to read all the spoilers :)
So I'm using it sparingly now ;)

Edit: by the way can't you use the PS3 browser to look through the wiki? I haven't tried it but I've noticed that there's some sort of browser on the ps3...w/o a keyboard & mouse it might be a painful thing tho.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

im currently downloading All Points Bulletin.

Should be interesting considering its not available here, A friend sent me a Buddy key thing which gives me 7 hours of online play (not including in game menus and Character customizing just mission playing). Should be interesting to see what happens when the 7 hours run out....
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

gt5 prologue, enjoying it generally but forza 3 is a better driving experience as far as 'feeling' whatthe car is doing
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

After a break for the world cup I've got back in to red dead redemption.

I must admit it didn't really grab me when I first started playing it but now I've made more progress it's getting better. I've just been down the river on a raft and got to the other side of the river. Decent variety of missions but it takes a fair while to get to where you're going. I'm about 30% through I think.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
tehsid
forum fairy - in a gay way!
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by tehsid »

Been playing Minecraft (http://www.minecraft.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) and Civ 4 in preparation for Civ 5's launch. God I can't wait, YAY HEX!
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

Bit of this (a new update is due in a few days). Steel Beasts Pro PE.

NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

well APB is useless on shit pings. Plus the company thats doing it went to administration, which im guessing means on its way to folding.

I guess the game works on the server side rather than cient side. when i was driving around in the tutorial levels, i had to really think about 3 seconds infront of what was showing on screen. pretty useless.

Back to Dragon Age i goes!!!!
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

I am playing Fallout 3. Man I never realised how much I would have enjoyed a PS3. [yes i know it came out on xbox and pc :) ].

I will be getting Fallout New Vegas now... Never have i really been into these kind of games, i always prefered FPS over simple RPG games however this has been quite fun.

;)
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Fallout 3 is more FPS than RPG in my opinion. it just has an open environment like an RPG has.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

that is why i called it a simple rpg Judy

;)
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

To me that's not how it reads, it reads that you prefer fps games over simple rpg games and you stayed away from fallout 3 because you thought it was more rpg than it is.

And I was saying yes fallout 3 is more fps than rpg except you have a big open map to explore rather than a pre defined level that you can only go down.

Don't go knocking my Judy either
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

I loved Fallout 3 and still play it every now and then. Has to be the best RTS I've played.

I'm back into WoW as all I was doing was paying too much for games that lasted 5 minutes. Fallout 3 was great to play through again a while back, but when I got into the expansions, I felt burnt out from it. Vegas will hopefully be good providing they try something new, or different.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

I have gone back to TrackMania Nations Forever, which is still free from steam..
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

I'm taking a break from Demons Souls and started playing Borderlands.

It has a stronger RPG element than Fallout 3, but it's still very much an FPS.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

DarrenM wrote:I'm taking a break from Demons Souls and started playing Borderlands.

It has a stronger RPG element than Fallout 3, but it's still very much an FPS.
Problem with Borderlands compared to FO3, is its alot more repetitive.

Started playing again in no particular order:

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Company of Heroes
League of Legends
Football Manager 2010
Locomotion (spiritual successor to Transport Tycoon, which i still play in its open source guise as Open Transport Tycoon Deluxe)