Lost iPhone

All the talk regarding mobile phones, mobile internet access etc etc.
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Lost iPhone

Post by kwijibo »

As mentioned in the falling over thread, I have misplaced my iPhone. We tried calling it heaps the night I lost it but there was no answer and by morning the phone was off. I assume the battery was flat.

Now today, I have just rung it and its back on! I guess who ever found it went and got a charger. They aren't answering though :( Its prepaid so they can't rack up a bill - I think I'll try for another day and see if they answer and then bite the bullet and report it lost/stolen if not
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Re: Lost iPhone

Post by DexterPunk »

Oh god...... I have nightmares something will happen to my iPhone. I dont know how id live without it. I hope you get it back!
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

Yeah it really sucks, my morning ritual of checking the weather was sorely missed today :(
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

iLost. There is a irony there really. Bummer though.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

In an unexpected turn of events, my girlfriend got a call this morning from a guy who found my phone! He's a gardener for the Adelaide city council, and found it on a park bench no where near my movements for that night. I suspect who ever found it first dumped it again once it was locked

He didn't even accept any money for being so honest - hope is restored in the world! It's good to know there are still honest people out there.
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

kwijibo wrote:hope is restored in the world! It's good to know there are still honest people out there.
Just not the first guy that found it ;)
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

That's fantastic kwijibo!!! I love hearing stories like that. Just be glad it wasn't Nige who found it. :lol:
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

DexterPunk wrote:That's fantastic kwijibo!!! I love hearing stories like that. Just be glad it wasn't Nige who found it. :lol:
Beaten :D
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

good to see people go out of their way to return stuff still. Most people take the finders keepers approach. A mate and i once found a purse on a footpath, we looked in it to find an address and it was just down the road. We gave it to the husband and he looked inside and said 'no money obviously, thanks' with a frown and then went back inside. He obviously thought we had either pinched the purse or found it and then pinched the money from it. If that was the case we never would have returned the purse.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Or maybe because he knew his wife would have spent all the money :D
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

This page: http://picasaweb.google.com/bourjean/CoteIvoire1971#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; was loaded in safari when I got it back.

Quite an interesting choice.. steal a phone, look at some photos of african people, then leave the phone behind. :shrug: