Internode Billboards

All the funny stuff goes in here.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Internode Billboards

Post by KNAPPO »

Finally got to see one of these in the flesh today and i loved it!
Seriously thought it was a Bigpond ad till i looked at it the second time... then i cracked up laughing.

Not super hilariarse but quite clever and very well done.

http://blog.internode.on.net/2010/03/26 ... n-preview/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Re: Internode Billboards

Post by Hazelb »

lol
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

Haha, superb although a bit risky since it does require a second glance.

You do get some cracking ads down that end of the world.
Coopz
King of the Wierd
King of the Wierd

Post by Coopz »

I like those ad's:)
Bigpond is a complete rort.
Was an amusing ad on South Road last year, Bigpond ADSL2+ for $120 for 50gig, next to it TPG was doing 130gig for $60.
No idea why anyone would use bigpond...

ps: Node are excellent.
norbs wrote:
Stop bullying him. You have more birthdays each year than he gets roots!
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

hehe good ones :D
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

Coopz wrote:I like those ad's:)
Was an amusing ad on South Road last year, Bigpond ADSL2+ for $120 for 50gig, next to it TPG was doing 130gig for $60.

Some people have no choice. Internode, netspace, IInet, Westnet and all the others won't touch my exchange with a 10 foot pole, but Bigpond supply 8Mb, 100gb for $120.

They are very good for a business though. Netspace call times used to be an absolute joke, and probably still are. I remember waiting on the phone to Netspace for 3 hours one time waiting to find out how long till I was getting connected. I can call Bigpond Business and be talking to someone almost instantly and also have it fixed/connected/port reset while on the phone. Also, having my Mobiles, land line and net all together, I get a nice discount when the bill comes in.

Sometimes there's a saying that fits, not all the time, but sometimes: You get what you pay for. In Bigponds case, for me anyway, customer service out performs the ISPs I have used before.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

For me, customer service is the biggest selling point for internode. We never had any problems with there service that they werent ontop of as soon as we called. It was top notch, and i'll never choose anyone else for landline broadband.
Montey

Post by Montey »

Santaria wrote:

Some people have no choice. Internode, netspace, IInet, Westnet and all the others won't touch my exchange with a 10 foot pole, but Bigpond supply 8Mb, 100gb for $120.

They are very good for a business though. Netspace call times used to be an absolute joke, and probably still are. I remember waiting on the phone to Netspace for 3 hours one time waiting to find out how long till I was getting connected. I can call Bigpond Business and be talking to someone almost instantly and also have it fixed/connected/port reset while on the phone. Also, having my Mobiles, land line and net all together, I get a nice discount when the bill comes in.

Sometimes there's a saying that fits, not all the time, but sometimes: You get what you pay for. In Bigponds case, for me anyway, customer service out performs the ISPs I have used before.

Um... you do realise that 8Mbps is just ADSL1 and -all- ISP's can do that from -any- exchange, just using the Telstra wholesaled DSLAMs? I am with Internode on a Telstra DSLAM and I have 8Mbps as my sync speed.

I use Internode at home, have done for 8 years, and they've been great. We also use Internode in my company, including their SIP Trunking VoIP service to our Asterisk server, and it has been excellent. Our VoIP office phone system has been commented on as being better than the standard analogue POTS for call quality by my staff.
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

Montey wrote:
Santaria wrote:

Um... you do realise that 8Mbps is just ADSL1 and -all- ISP's can do that from -any- exchange, just using the Telstra wholesaled DSLAMs? I am with Internode on a Telstra DSLAM and I have 8Mbps as my sync speed.

I use Internode at home, have done for 8 years, and they've been great. We also use Internode in my company, including their SIP Trunking VoIP service to our Asterisk server, and it has been excellent. Our VoIP office phone system has been commented on as being better than the standard analogue POTS for call quality by my staff.
I'm aware that ADSL1 is 8Mbps, I can't get ADSL2 on my exchange. All the ISP's I listed (and more) have flat out said no. There's no point arguing with them. Telstra hooked me up at 8Mbps and sent a technician out to try and boost me so I synced in at over 5Mbps, they succeeded in getting me to sync consistently at 6.5/7Mbps. I'm simply too far away from the exchange (go go rural!) and no-one else wants my business.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

lol! nice node ads :)

But don't they use Telstras lines?
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

There is something wrong with my line for adsl and apparantly we cannot get it. my next door neighbour can but apparantly we cannot. anyway we had cable laid down so we went to cable and even though were getting shafted price wise its good. once i move out (if that ever happens at this rate) ill go to that place schuey reccomended. Amnet.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Oh... I didn't mean that... I meant the dig at Telstra is a bit cheeky if they do indeed use their stuff.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Santaria wrote: Some people have no choice. Internode, netspace, IInet, Westnet and all the others won't touch my exchange with a 10 foot pole, but Bigpond supply 8Mb, 100gb for $120.

Telstra's support is quick but useless - unless you have some absolutely basic thing to take care of. Otherwise it'll take you a zillion calls to get through. Mark my words.
Internode is where the good support is. And it's much cheaper than the BigAssrape ;)
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

lol, there been every where and there still cant get a good connection
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.