World record 3-Day Tennis Match

Cricket, footy, tennis, whatever
J.D.
Rat

World record 3-Day Tennis Match

Post by J.D. »

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/tennis/i ... -z3xx.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now, I can't stand tennis but you've got to give credit where it's due. I can't imagine what it would be like to lose a match like that. The final score line was 2 sets all and 70-68 in the 5th!
сначала мы убиваем американского лося и белку.

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell.

Proudly never a mod or admin at RSC from 2001 - 2009.
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Re: World record 3-Day Tennis Match

Post by Vilante »

That's insane! Over 100 aces each. Surely the winner will have trouble in his next match now anyway?

Awesome :)
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

yer one of them are doing doubles matches.. that would make it hard
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Yeah it was epic. I had it on in the background at work yesterday and saw the final winning point. They just looked exhausted.

It wouldn't surprise me if the rules were changed so that maybe if it got to 20 all you'd then play a tiebreak.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
J.D.
Rat

Post by J.D. »

Well, it could have been worse I suppose:

http://www.trivia-library.com/b/boxing- ... trivia.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wallechinsky & Wallace wrote:The longest boxing match ever fought took place in New Orleans on Apr. 6, 1893. The match was between Andy Bowen and Jack Burke, both of whom claimed the lightweight title after the reigning champ, Jack McAuliffe, retired. The winner-take-all purse was set at $2,500, and in order to decide who was really the new champion, the match was to be fought to a finish.

All through the contest, the fighters went at each other aggressively, pounding each other with their gloves, inflicting and sustaining tremendous punishment. Yet, as the 3-min. rounds wore on, neither fighter could put the other away. The incredible bout continued far into the night, lasting over seven hours in all. When the bell sounded for the 111th round, both fighters, dazed and weary, gave up and did not come out of their corners. At that, the referee unbelievably ruled the bout "no contest." Burke never fought again. Bowen fought only one more match; he died after being knocked out in 18 rounds.
сначала мы убиваем американского лося и белку.

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell.

Proudly never a mod or admin at RSC from 2001 - 2009.
bengatta
Ladies Motorkhana Champion

Post by bengatta »

Big Kev wrote:Yeah it was epic. I had it on in the background at work yesterday and saw the final winning point. They just looked exhausted.

It wouldn't surprise me if the rules were changed so that maybe if it got to 20 all you'd then play a tiebreak.
I thought that origianlly also, but then I also wondered when the last time a 1st ound match that included a qualifier got so much worlds media attention... Wimbledon couldn't have paid for that publicity. I think they will keep the rules in the hope it can happen again...
They say, any day you wake up not dead is the start of a better day than it could be...

You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice...

You're never too old to learn something stupid....