Solar panels.

all the ARSE dribble
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Re: Solar panels.

Post by norbs »

Record month for me this October. Beating Oct 2011. Pretty happy considering the panels are said to degrade 1-2% per year.

http://pvoutput.org/aggregate.jsp?id=83&sid=77&t=m" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

One of the hottest Octobers on record.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
norbs

Post by norbs »

wobblysauce wrote:One of the hottest Octobers on record.

Well heat isn't the best thing for panels. Sunny cool days are best. That is why October is usually my best month. Not too hot.
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

But yes, hot isn't the best, but it means more light.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

wobblysauce wrote:But yes, hot isn't the best, but it means more light.

No it doesn't
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

R8, so your saying you get more light on cloudy days?

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

He's saying temperature doesn't directly correlate to local cloud cover.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

DarrenM wrote:He's saying temperature doesn't directly correlate to local cloud cover.
Pretty much this.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Small sample size, but interesting

http://www.greentechmedia.com/articles/ ... -direction" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.pecanstreet.org/2013/11/repo ... rch-trial/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

West facing panels produce more power during higher load periods making them more optimal than north/south facing panels. They also generated 2% more electricity.
norbs

Post by norbs »

It is certainly an interesting theory. I wonder how the heat affects it.
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/a ... on/282056/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

How Tesla Batteries Are Powering an Energy Revolution
Silicon Valley renewable-energy company SolarCity has started installing lithium-ion battery packs to help companies cut their utility bills.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Cutter
Legend in his own lunchtime
Legend in his own lunchtime

Post by Cutter »

First "In Credit" bill, they owe us $13.00 or so, for the last quarter. :)
Cutter ~ Carl Rickard

norbs

Post by norbs »

Cutter wrote:First "In Credit" bill, they owe us $13.00 or so, for the last quarter. :)
Good effort in Vic. It is a net scheme down there is it not?
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

Got a letter today from Energy Australia saying they are changing from paying me for my solar FIT to giving me a credit on my account. Only trouble is, most periods we get paid more than our bill.

But no worry, they say I can opt to get a cheque or bank deposit, but "unfortunately we can't record your preference in our new system, so you'll need to call us on each occasion your bill is in credit and want a cheque or bank deposit instead."

c**t*.

Oh, and at the bottom it says "call us for a chat - we're always here for a chat so please give us a call on ****". I call at 6.40pm and hedar "our call centre times are 8am to 6pm." Heh. c**t*.
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

smithcorp wrote:Got a letter today from Energy Australia saying they are changing from paying me for my solar FIT to giving me a credit on my account. Only trouble is, most periods we get paid more than our bill.

But no worry, they say I can opt to get a cheque or bank deposit, but "unfortunately we can't record your preference in our new system, so you'll need to call us on each occasion your bill is in credit and want a cheque or bank deposit instead."

c**t*.

Oh, and at the bottom it says "call us for a chat - we're always here for a chat so please give us a call on ****". I call at 6.40pm and hedar "our call centre times are 8am to 6pm." Heh. c**t*.
That sucks. As if they couldn't set up an automatic bank deposit.

I'm with Energy Australia who have been nothing but a bunch of useless pricks. Fortunately, they're so useless I think they've got my meter reading back to front, so my feed in is booming through winter with dirty panels I haven't cleaned in months. Suppose I'll stick with em :)
norbs

Post by norbs »

smithcorp wrote:Got a letter today from Energy Australia saying they are changing from paying me for my solar FIT to giving me a credit on my account. Only trouble is, most periods we get paid more than our bill.

c**t*.

It has been that way for as long as we have had the panels. We use a fair bit more than you guys Smiss, so I just let it go in credit in summer, and drain away the credits in winter.

It is bull shit though. They can mail you a bill, but not a cheque! Fucking right.
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

http://reneweconomy.com.au/2014/the-500 ... olar-71705" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The $500-a-day service charge designed to kill solar

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

J.D.
Rat

Post by J.D. »

That's outright theft; no other word for it. And oh! the irony. - it was introduced by the Queensland Competition authority and state government (Newman)!

Meanwhile, here's the way out:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-09/p ... et/5731628" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Print your own and get off the grid altogether.
сначала мы убиваем американского лося и белку.

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell.

Proudly never a mod or admin at RSC from 2001 - 2009.
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

I'm on the hunt for 2nd hand solar panels.

I have the batteries, I have the correct wire gauge. I will also need correct inverter, alas, It is a slow process, but I will eventually gather all the elements needed to go %80 off grid.

At this point, my single panel and battery, power all our house lights, shed lights, yard lights, fish pumps, fish lights. . .
I love 12 volts!
balls & boobs. . .
norbs

Post by norbs »

J.D. wrote:That's outright theft; no other word for it. And oh! the irony. - it was introduced by the Queensland Competition authority and state government (Newman)!

Meanwhile, here's the way out:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-09/p ... et/5731628" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Print your own and get off the grid altogether.
Sadly, things like this and solar glass will take a long time to get here. Whilst ever we have a coal friendly cock running the joint, they will bury any sort of renewable technology.
Coopz
King of the Wierd
King of the Wierd

Post by Coopz »

I hate the government.
norbs wrote:
Stop bullying him. You have more birthdays each year than he gets roots!
J.D.
Rat

Post by J.D. »

I hate big oil/coal.
сначала мы убиваем американского лося и белку.

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell.

Proudly never a mod or admin at RSC from 2001 - 2009.
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

invest in standalone battery/solar systems and fu$k them all!!
balls & boobs. . .
Coopz
King of the Wierd
King of the Wierd

Post by Coopz »

Anyone recommend a company that sells and installs solar panels individually at a reasonable price? Have a 1.5kw system with a 2kw inverter, would like to buy 3 more panels (in Adelaide). Some of the prices I've so far are disappointing...
norbs wrote:
Stop bullying him. You have more birthdays each year than he gets roots!
norbs

Post by norbs »