iPhone 3GS and iOS4. phone reboots in calls.

All the talk regarding mobile phones, mobile internet access etc etc.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

iPhone 3GS and iOS4. phone reboots in calls.

Post by norbs »

Well, I cracked it this morning and went to the Optus shop with my phone. It keeps rebooting during a call. Optus wouldn't do a thing as expected, and blamed Apple. Called Apple's support service and the plonker said there is no issue with the 3GS and iOS4, but suggested I restore it, again. Jesus.

I rang back and pointed the new Apple Genius, and I use that term loosely, to this thread on Apple's own forums... http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jsp ... 0&tstart=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

His replay was that Apple didn't recognise it as a fault.

Anyone else with a 3GS and iOS4 having issues?
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Re: iPhone 3GS and iOS4. phone reboots in calls.

Post by DexterPunk »

All good here.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

it is a "design feature".
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

wobblysauce wrote:it is a "design feature".

Ah, I see. Thanks oh Wobbloid. When ever you post it is like my brain goes to a day spa and gets gently massaged by busty Swedish virgins with silken hands and who's hair smells like vanilla. Your succinct comments clear the pea souper in my mind and make me see things like a summers afternoon after a sun shower. It is clarity like the worlds cleanest window. You're like the Oracle, Statler and Waldorf, The Dalai Lama and Santa all rolled into one. You have my thanks for clearing the cataracts from my minds eye! :nod:
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

i heard thats a new issue thats come about in the latest update for ios4. appple are pathetic in there "we arent wrong" approach.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

just like the person that was the designer for the Aerial got fired... well "released" from Apple over the Antenna-Gate.

person = Mark Papermaster was Head of Device Hardware at Apple, Apple poached Papermaster from IBM where he was a VP in charge of the company’s microprocessors.
Last edited by wobblysauce on Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

wobblysauce wrote:just like the person that was the designer for the Aerial got fired... well "released" from Apple over the Antenna-Gate.
He must have been holding the phone in the wrong way...
plastik8

Post by plastik8 »

Norbs, is the problem easily reproduced? I.e., have Apple's "Geniuses" witnessed the fault? That is definitely a fault and Apple cannot ignore this.

I guess if all else fails you might have to take it up with the ombudsman or whoever takes care of these things. I'm guessing the warranty period is nearing its end? Perhaps they're trying to stuff you around until its out of warranty?

And one last thing, have you actually tried restoring it? I.e. wiping it clean and then trying? I know it's a pain in the ass, but it actually might fix it, and would be worth giving it a go if you haven't.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197971333750]Image[/url]
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

http://gorumors.com/ios/iphone-3gs-rebo ... ame/105138" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;