Proud to be a Geordie

Cricket, footy, tennis, whatever
Montey

Re: Proud to be a Geordie

Post by Montey »

- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Not a bad result this weekend although Chelski were there for the taking. My weekend made by seeing Rovers getting crushed, even if it was by Manure :yes:
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Yeah I can live with 1-1 against Chelsea.

Great first goal from Caroll.

I only found out the result this morning. I was out all day sunday :)
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
Montey

Post by Montey »

Certainly much better than I was expecting.

ManU's game was actually incredibly boring to watch, despite the goalfest. It was too much like a weekday training exercise to be worth watching.
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

West Brom 3 -1 Newcastle

Bad result.

Should have beaten the scummy brummies.

Still a solid 11th in the table. Well clear of relegation at the moment. As long as we stay up it'll be a good season. The bottom 3 or 4 look pretty poor compared to everyone else though so we should be safe.
My Flickr Stream
Montey

Post by Montey »

"Inept" is the only word I can use to describe the Toon's performance. They turned up and treated them like they were Chelski, all our players behind the ball ala park the bus.
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Not good enough boys :shake: :)
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

IDIOTS!!!

They never bloody learn
Newcastle United have parted company with manager Chris Hughton.

The announcement comes a day after United were beaten 3-1 at West Brom, a result which leaves them 11th in the Premier League table.

Hughton guided Newcastle back into the top flight in May after their relegation in the 2009-10 campaign.

However, the club have said on their official website they are seeking an individual with more managerial experience to take them forward.

The statement added: "The board would like to place on record their thanks to Chris for his considerable efforts during the club's transition from Championship to Premier League club.

"Chris has shown exceptional character and commitment since being appointed manager in October 2009. The club wishes him well in the future.

"The task of appointing a new manager now begins. An announcement will be made shortly regarding transitional arrangements pending the appointment of a successor."
My Flickr Stream
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Wow... Shocker... didn't see that coming :eek:

Have they got someone lined up ? Seems strange to let go of Hughton and be in limbo when they really need to keep up the momentum. Would have thought it would have been better to wait till the end of the season at least.

I hope it doesn't knock em for six and ruin the season.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

This is the whole reason they got relegated in the first place. They just don't give managers enough time. Yeah he's had a little bad run with only 2 points from 5 games but ffs that happens to a lot of mid-table teams. This guy took over when they were in a mess, he got them back in to the premiership on a shoestring with no top line players. They're 11th with a reasonable cushion to the bottom of the league and they sack him. It's mad. They just haven't learnt from their mistakes in the past. If all clubs booted the manager out after a bad run in 5 games they'd all be managerless!

So now we'll have the usual merry-go-round of guess the new manager. The usual names will pop up. Harry Redknapp. Terry Venables, (God forbid) Ian Dowie, Shearer, Steve McLaren and Alan Curbishley.

I'd really like to see Martin O'Neil but I don't think he'd put up with the hassle.
My Flickr Stream
Montey

Post by Montey »

FOR FARKS SAKE!!!!!!

Unless Ashley has an absolute genius manager lined up already to replace him, he's a complete nutter.

Hughton got us out of relegation and sitting in 11th in the league. Yeah we were having a few shocking results, but we also had some stunners which saw us sitting in a mid-table position, certainly a result any promoted team can be proud of.

Ashley better have a big result coming, or the local fans are going to riot!!!
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Trouble is all the top line managers know what a nightmare it is to work there so they'll stay away. Where's the job satisfaction when you know that you probably have 6 months max to get it right or you're out.

They have to realise they've got to give someone TIME. People have been saying that ever since the late great Sir Bobby was sacked. 7 managers in 6 years is madness.
My Flickr Stream
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Growing list of candidates with the bookies

Interestingly Martin Jol resigned earlier from Ajax.

Martin Jol 1.66
Alan Pardew 2.25
Martin O'Neill 6.00
Alan Curbishley 7.00
Peter Beardsley 13.00
Owen Coyle 21.00
Alan Shearer 21.00
Alex McLeish 21.00
David Moyes 21.00
Lee Clark 21.00
Kevin Keegan 21.00
Roberto Di Matteo 21.00
Gus Poyet 21.00
My Flickr Stream
Montey

Post by Montey »

The only way Ashley is going to avoid the majority of his squad requesting transfers in January is if he can walk in to the rooms with his arms around the shoulders of an extremely capable manager. Martin Jol could provide that for Ashley.

The timing of everything screams that Ashley has someone lined up... 3 weeks prior to the transfer window re-opening; haven't yet replaced Calderwood; etc... the question is, is it someone good or someone shite?
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

I was thinking Martin Jol as soon as I saw he'd left Ajax. O'Neill would be a good guy to get.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Newcastle have stepped up their search for a full-time boss with the aim of announcing Chris Hughton's successor by the weekend, BBC Sport understands.

Former Southampton boss Alan Pardew is considered a strong candidate, with ex-Tottenham coach Martin Jol also linked after he quit as Ajax coach on Monday.

Hughton led Newcastle into the top flight last season but the club said it wanted someone "with more experience".

Former Newcastle striker Alan Shearer has said he will not be the next boss.

Shearer, 40, was brought in as caretaker manager in April 2009, but was unable to save the club from relegation to the Championship that season.

"I won't be the next Newcastle manager," he told BBC Radio 5 live. "I can guarantee you that."

The Magpies have installed reserve team coach Peter Beardsley in temporary charge, with former West Ham boss Alan Curbishley and ex-Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill also linked with the job.

BBC Sport understands that Pardew was in talks with Newcastle about taking over at St James' Park as long as 10 days ago.
Pardew????
He's hardly a gleaming beacon of hope. He might be more experienced but his record isn't brilliant.
My Flickr Stream
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Woo relegation here we come
Alan Pardew is set to be named as the new Newcastle manager within the next 24 hours, BBC Sport understands.

The former Reading, West Ham, Charlton and Southampton boss was among the favourites to take over from Chris Hughton, who was sacked on Monday.

Hughton led Newcastle back into the top flight last season but following his dismissal, the club said it wanted someone "with more experience".

Pardew, 49, has been out of work since being sacked by Southampton in August.
My Flickr Stream
Montey

Post by Montey »

If Pardew is who comes in we will see a mass transfer exit request during the January window.

Hello Pardew = Bye Bye Carroll, Enrique, Ben Arfa, Jonas, Nolan, Taylor, Barton, Collocini, et al.... none of our lead guys will stand for this and none of them will want to be back on the train to the Championship.

Keep in mind that recently we have lost one of the better Manager (Hughton), lost one of the better assistants (Calderwood) and lost one of the best goal-keeping coaches in the competion (produced Given, Harper, & Krul). The club is now rotten from the top to the bottom.

I just can not fathom what Ashley's justification is.... sure, he says he was motivated by the fact that Hughton couldn't take us to the next level, and he's probably right.... but.... how about a little time to consolidate our position in mid-table first, something Chris could easily do and was easily doing.... then, when it is time to take that next step lock in a better manager and fire Chris after you have a replacement manager on contract.

Surely Ashley knows, as a business person, that you don't terminate a senior manager or executive unless they demonstrate gross incompetence or negligence (Chris showed neither), or unless you have a vastly better guy locked in as a replacement. A manager in football is like a COO (Chief Operating Officer) in a company... if you fire that person, and then replace them with someone worse your company will go out backwards.

...Just for Ashley's new watching service... Mike Ashley, speaking as an experienced and successful (my companies generate profits) company director myself, you are a clueless twit who has no concept of how to run a business, let alone a football club. You are living proof of the saying "I'd rather be lucky than good", because there is no chance on this earth you have amassed your fortune through skill and business acumen. My greatest fear now is not relegation, but when you drive Newcastle United Football Club in to liquidation because you don't know anything about running a successful organisation.
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Ooooh that's a bit of a gamble. GL boys.... I think you might need it :nod:
somebloke

Post by somebloke »

Crazy stuff. I really hoped after Hughton who was doing great for a newly promoted team and shouldn't of get sacked that a manager of 'more experience' was going to be Martin O'Neill or Martin Jol, both who do fit that criteria.... Alan Pardew's recent form suggests otherwise....

Good luck from here, terrible time to do this to a club. The sooner Mike Ashley leaves the better.
Montey

Post by Montey »

A few representations expressing my opinion on the matter...

Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Lol Montey... you never know, Pardew might just work. Can't see it but who knows :D

He was mentioned for the Burnley job when Coyle The Judas left for Notlob but didn't make it to interview. A lot will depend on how the players and the fans react. He really is going to have to make a good start otherwise he's screwed.

I bet The Mackems are having a good chuckle :nod:
Montey

Post by Montey »

Johnny X wrote:I bet The Mackems are having a good chuckle :nod:
No... its worse than that.... they actually feel sorry for us.

Quinn came out after Hughton's sacking and told Ashley he should piss off back to London and buy a London club.
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Crikey.. 5 and a half year deal :eyepop:
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Yeah. More like 5 and a half months.
That's about the rest of the season, they'll be relegated and he'll get the sack.
My Flickr Stream