Cricket, footy, tennis, whatever
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Re: Proud to be a Geordie

Post by Big Kev »

mmm not going well

Manchester City 2 -1 Newcastle

Starting to slip to the bottom part of the table now.

Wigan, West Ham and Sunderland (the big north east derby) so we need at least a win or two out of those.

But, look on the bright side, we're above liverpool as it stands with 30 mins to go in their game. They're losing against blackpool :)
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Yep, position not looking too good at the mo Kev n Montey but I think they'll stay in the division. For me, Wolves look pretty poor as do West Ham and possibly Wigan. I can see you lot getting good points from the teams in the bottom half.

As for Blackpool, I'm stunned. They're doing what I wanted the Clarets to do last year and fair play to them. Liverpool are in trouble and todays result just wasn't what I was expecting. Meanwhile, Chelski just keep rolling on... can't see anyone stopping them from taking the title again.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Still pretty tight though. Early days.

There's only 6 points between playing in europe and playing in Doncaster next season.

Need to see how it looks at Xmas really. As long as they can stay fair to middling then they'll do ok.
My Flickr Stream
Montey

Post by Montey »

Newcastle were stone cold robbed!!!!

I swear someone should have checked the ref's car parks space and seen if a new car was waiting for him.
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Newcastle 2- 2 Wigan

Came back from 2-0 down to draw at the death with a good header from Coloccini.

Not bad but we should have won it.
My Flickr Stream
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Good fightback. I thought you were dead and buried after old boy Nzogbia put them 2 up.
Montey

Post by Montey »

An outcome that by the end of the match I was very relieved to achieve.

Hughton made some fundamental errors with his team selection this week which gave Wigan exactly what they needed to open us up.

Putting Guthrie on the right wing was a massive error and was the direct cause of n'Zogbia getting his two goals. As much as Perch really struggles at times, he's no Jose Enrique thats for sure, he's an adequate FB when he has someone in front of him to control the right wing. The problem was that every time Perch got the ball there was no one on the right wing to distribute to, leaving Perch to have to run down the wing to start an attacking move. This meant that whenever a turnover occurred Perch was massively out of position and n'Zogbia could just run free on the Wigan left.

Guthrie's drifting to the center not only screwed our right wing and left Perch massively over exposed, it also totally messed up our midfield formation by crowding Barton and Tiote. There were many times when Barton and Tiote were overlapping with Guthrie causing us to have a chocked center field. This meant that we literally had midfield players running in to each other at times whilst on the ball.... real high-school stuff.

A lot of supporter angst has focused on Perch's poor performance, but I think whilst he had a bad game (a nightmare to be honest) a large contributor to why he had such a bad game was how bad Guthrie was. The final proof was when Guthrie came off and Routledge replaced him, suddenly we had shape and movement down that right wing, n'Zogbia hardly had any opportunity to get forward, Perch was more solid and our midfield dominated the play, hence we scored 2 goals.

Guthrie should never be allowed near the first team again, he should be tied to a seat with a cattle prod on his balls that zaps him everytime a goal is conceded. He can then be used as an example to the rest of the squad as to what happens to players who don't do what they're supposed to.
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

West Ham 1 - 2 Newcastle

Back on track :)
Up to 9th and the bottom 3 teams are starting to get left behind.

North East derby against Sunderland next weekend.
My Flickr Stream
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Good result for you guys, exactly the type of games they need to be winning :yes:
Montey

Post by Montey »

Newcastle 5 - 1 Dirty Mackems

Oh My God!!!!!!!

What a game!!!!!!
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Indeedy!

Who are ya! who are ya!

Excellent result that puts us in 7th only a point behind spurs in the europa cup position.
My Flickr Stream
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Nice result... even if it was against 10 men :D
Montey

Post by Montey »

Johnny X wrote:Nice result... even if it was against 10 men :D
I don't think the sending off had much to do with the result of the game.

Titsup was sent off after 53 minutes, by which time the Mackems were already down 3-0.
somebloke

Post by somebloke »

Sunderland just never showed up for this game. Newcastle beat them everywhere with the only blemish that late goal by Bent (the only person capable of scoring other then O.G.)

Other game i watched for the weekend was Arsenal v West Ham. Hammers did well with Robert Green showing that he is world class between the sticks.
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Montey wrote:
Johnny X wrote:Nice result... even if it was against 10 men :D
I don't think the sending off had much to do with the result of the game.

Titsup was sent off after 53 minutes, by which time the Mackems were already down 3-0.
I know Montey, I was being a bit tongue in cheek, hence the big grin smiley ;) It's about time they gave Hughton some recognition, he's doing a good job and obviously has the team on his side.
Montey

Post by Montey »

OMFG.... We just beat Arsenal at home!!!!!

Arsenal 0 - 1 Newcastle

As of right now we are holding 4th position in the league (but will probably be 5th once Man' City win.

Un-Frickin-Believable!!!!!
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Spectacular result, and from what I saw, fully deserved :yes:
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Newcastle 1 - 2 Blackburn Rovers

Went down to an early goal from Rovers.

Great header from our man of the moment Andy Carroll to bring it level.

We were lucky not to be down to 10 men thanks to regular nutjob Joey Barton punching Pederson in the stomach.

A defensive cock up let Rovers in for their second with less than 10 mins to go and that was it.

Should have won that.
My Flickr Stream
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

I'm dissapointed in you lot :(

Just when you think Barton has got his act together...... There may be trouble ahead for that young man :nod:
Montey

Post by Montey »

Johnny X wrote:I'm dissapointed in you lot :(
It was a disappointing performance. It does seem the team doesn't cope well with counter-attacking teams, especially ones like Allardyce produces that just aim to shut down the game and deprive us of movement.
Johnny X wrote:Just when you think Barton has got his act together...... There may be trouble ahead for that young man :nod:
I suspect your correct, It's a pity the tackle against Ben Arfa couldn't be looked at after the match.... such hypocrisy!!!
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Montey wrote:
Johnny X wrote:I'm dissapointed in you lot :(
It was a disappointing performance.
I'm disappointed with my spelling :doh:
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »