XBOX- Cricket 2005

General game chat
Bauer

XBOX- Cricket 2005

Post by Bauer »

got this the other day. anyone else have it? what do you think?

my first game was me being a tad Bangladeshi and taking on the Aussies. I got 9/18 off my 10 overs. found it hard to score but glad they didnt bowl me out :rolleyes: . When I bowled, I got smacked for 3 6's in 3 balls, 1 of which was a no ball and Gilly had won the game with only 1/2 an over gone :)

I figure I need to head into the nets and find out how to hit the fcn thing properly instead of launching head first into a 1 day international where national pride is on the line :tilt: Could do with bowling praccy too i reckon :nod:
--------------
Stu
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Might have to have a look see Stuey. :yes:
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

The one thing i really dont like about the cricket games is once you get good at it, you just cant lose, it becomes too easy. Thats how i see it anyway. The graphic detail just keeps getting better though :yes:
pogo

Post by pogo »

Yeah, I have it too. Oh boy, do I suck tho. Played as us vs the Yanks, and was very comprehensively whipped...

Good fun, a buggy little bugger tho...
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

I havent played a cricket game that wasnt buggy... :(
Steve
---
pab

Post by pab »

Hey Stu, you shouldn't be wasting your time on that, I thought I told you to spend all your spare time working on setups for me for LFS!

:nod:

:munch:
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

pab wrote:Hey Stu, you shouldn't be wasting your time on that, I thought I told you to spend all your spare time working on setups for me for LFS!

:nod:

:munch:
wel its not like a game that goes for 10 over + 3 deliveries goes for very long :rolleyes:
--------------
Stu
pogo

Post by pogo »

Yippee, h/s of 55 with Katich in a test match against the poms :) I rock! :D

and I'm sure setting it on easy had nothing to do with it
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

i see the new codemasters game is out on xbox. It will be released as Ricky Ponting cricket here in oz but is available as Brian Lara Cricket on BT
--------------
Stu
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

ive got cricket 2005 on pc, its annoyin tho cos it dies out after a while, im slowly gettin better, i hit 42 with gilly off a few overs, just kept 6in down the ground
Hello :aussie:
pogo

Post by pogo »

Bauer wrote:i see the new codemasters game is out on xbox. It will be released as Ricky Ponting cricket here in oz but is available as Brian Lara Cricket on BT
Anyone else played this yet? I obtained it yesterday, had a couple of quick games. Less than impressed so far, prefer EA's game :shrug: Seems a hell of a lot easier (I scored 117 in my first game off ten overs, just short of the cpu's 121) and a lot less involved. Batting seems more intuitive tho.
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

i found EA's to be a better game but sadly the XBOX version has no save game feature. Codies has its downside too. No option to auto bowl is a major one for me. Aint no way Im going to bowl every over in a test match.

So comparing the 2, I wont play either because they simply arent good enough. EA's would win hands down on PC or PS2 simply beacuse of the save feature and it isnt as easy to play.
--------------
Stu
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

no cricket game since, Warnies cricket has bee any good. IMHO they have all been absolute crap. this also goes for the Rugy line of games from EA