I'm getting a Samsung Galaxy S

All the talk regarding mobile phones, mobile internet access etc etc.
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

I'm getting a Samsung Galaxy S

Post by smithcorp »

I'm changing jobs and my new employer has some policy where they won't release their work mobile numbers after you've worked for them. My current employer is releasing my mobile number to me, so I get to run a personal phone, and my new employer will give me a blackberry with a new number. I figure through judicious use of number diversion i can manage without having to give all my contacts a new number straight away.

So anyway, Optus can supply me one of these on a $49 plan with 1GB of data etc. Looks like a mighty nice phone (A magazine I browsed at the newsagents had a detailed review of this against the HTC (not available on Optus) and a couple of others. The HTC and Samsung scored top). Any ARSEs operating this/

smith
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Re: I'm getting a Samsung Galaxy S

Post by Vilante »

I've had one for a few weeks now. I had an iPhone 3g for a long time so I'm still getting used to Android but I think it's a great phone. The screen is amazing, much better than the iPhone, bigger brighter and more colourful, vids are amazing.

The only gripe I have is that I can't get it to sync with all my contact and calendars and everything. It uses a program called Keis but I can't get it to connect. It's a common problem and they're apparently working on a solution but pretty shit that you can't seamlessly connect it to the computer straight out of the box. I can connect in mass storage mode so I can load on media files no worries but I had to upload my contacts to me Gmail to get them into the phone (it syncs EVERYTHING with Gmail and google everything). I haven't tried another PC yet, this is running Vista, but I shouldn't have to.

Phone is decent, it's got its service issues but similar to the iPhone. I can't talk in my office but I can 2 metres away from it.
Gusto

Post by Gusto »

Getting one delivered soon. Going with Virgin (uses Optus network) - $49 for 2gig :P
Will see how it is when it arrives.
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

Get a HTC Desire on Telstra.. better phone, better network.. same price!
eek