Any golfers?

Cricket, footy, tennis, whatever
thornz

Any golfers?

Post by thornz »

Anyone out there know much about clubs? In particualr, drivers?
I dont like golf so much, but am becoming addicted to going to the driving range and smashing a bucket of balls with a 20 year old driver that I have from the old mans ancient golf set that I acquired at some stage.
Is there one particualr brand of driver that is considered the Mac daddy at dispatching balls as far as possible?

Im currently hitting aroung 250m on the fly with this crappy old wooden driver (on the perect shot which happens one in 50 or so :D ), so keen to have a play with a new spec driver and see how far I can smash the ball.

Any suggestions?
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Re: Any golfers?

Post by norbs »

Grab one of those oversized head things that are around now. The head on them is like a bloody soccer ball. The last game of golf I played, one of the other guys had one and I hit the green on the full with it on a par 4, 320m hole. And that wasn't trying to smash it either.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by Gizmo »

I stand to close to the ball after i hit it...
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

I hit with the Ping G9 the other day, was an impressive club. I still use a Calaway Big Bertha (10 degree) which is an older one. With those big clubs, personally, I wouldn't hit with one above 9 degrees of loft otherwise I find the ball goes too high. But, having said that, the trajectory of the ball is actually substantially different to the 'old school clubs' the ball does go a lot higher to get the distances they achieve. I would just go into a golf store, and ask to hit with the usual big brands in their practice nets. Try Calaway, Titleist, Ping, Taylor made etc. That should give you a good start. Those will cost some $$$ though.
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

They do cost mega bucks. I got my last driver 2nd hand for $15. Does the trick :) Its a metal one too
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

Keep you eyes on this site:

http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/woods-drivers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can grab some bargins, 460cc is the biggest you can use for Comp...... most 460's are about the same, 9-10 loft

I grabbed a Powerbuilt one off there about 2 years ago for about $80 AUD posted and that thing smashes the hell outta balls :)
mrleisure

Post by mrleisure »

Good site , thanks dvestate :yes: . I'm still hitting with an old King Cobra but was thinking of upgrading soon .
"There is a grey blur and green blur . I try to stay on the grey one...." Joey Dunlop IoM TT Legend

"You work for the line.. you own the line .. you defend that hard fought line." Steer