What other Exercise do people do.

Cricket, footy, tennis, whatever
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

What other Exercise do people do.

Post by wobblysauce »

I have been thinking about this for a while.. I know shock...... being that a lot of people ride and some do crazy triathlons.

What other Exercise do people do, or is Cycling the main/only thing?

Work
I do about 5k+avg(used a pedometer step counter for 2weeks to get avg) steps(walking + random amount of real stairs) a day, general lifting of stuff(5kg to 2 19L water jugs(upstairs)), other work stuff.

Time fillers while at work...
pull ups, 5-10 on the cross beams down stairs.
bicep curls, 19Lwater jugs or empty beer kegs.

Biking to work- when it isn't wet.(getting lazy)

Home

Pushups
60-70 in 5 sets 1min rest.
30ish doing exhaustion test.

Crunches - don't really do them any more, don't see any changes.. more of a food-in/food-out issue.

Squats - don't really do them any more.
weighted 40 in 4 sets 1min rest, ranged from 5kg-20kg
un-weighted over 250 doing uncompleted exhaustion test, could of gone further but got bored.

wow writing this down.. I didn't think I did as much as I do, stuff at home is mainly out of boredom- well not really, playing games is all good and that, but some times I just feel like doing some thing and after pumping out 5 sets of pushups, I feel better.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Montey

Re: What other Exercise do people do.

Post by Montey »

At Work: Just walking around the office a lot, but I spend a lot of time on my arse too.

Not At Work: Every 2nd Sunday I spend the entire day standing up as a volunteer conductor at Puffing Billy

Yep, that's all folks.
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

oh really... might of seen you last month..
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

This is for you Montey... :lol:

4 and 20.

Exercise consists of heaves, chin ups, dips and push ups. The difference between a heave and a chin up is a Heave is palms facing away from you when you grasp the bar. You are pulling up with your back primarily not your arms. Chin ups are palms facing you on the bar, you are lifting with your biceps and lowering with your triceps.

A flat bar is better than a round bar for these exercises.
Dips can be done on a park bench, however if you want the full benefit a dip bar is preferred.

You start by doing 10 heaves and then immediately 20 dips. 30 sec break. 9 heaves, 18 dips, 30 secs, 8 heaves, 16 dips, 30 secs, 7 heaves, 14 dips 30 secs and it continues 6/12, 5/10, 4/8 then a 2 minute rest.

You then do 10 chinups, 50 pushups, 30 secs, 9 chinups, 45 pushups, 30 secs and it continues 8/40, 7/35, 6/30, 5/25, and magically 4 and 20.

It hurts for about the first 4 - 6 weeks. You will need a spotter/partner, preferably someone willing to do the 4&20 with you and the ideal scenario is to do it one day, next day rest, do it again. So you are doing it on the day you will be the most sore.
But it works, it really is an amazing exercise.

BE WARNED, the first four weeks you do this cycle, the third day you may be unable to even dry yourself after a shower. Your arms, back and chest will be very tender. The way to ID this as the right pain is you really only feel it when you use those muscles, even buttering a piece of toast will seem hard work lol. But it is very much worth it because your strength and toning will be better than any other upper body exercise I know of.
The wrong pain is in your joints and very acute. If you feel this stop the excercise. But don't pussy out of it when you feel normal muscular recovery, yes it hurts, it goes away and no one has ever died from a 4 and 20.

Enjoy. :D
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
Montey

Post by Montey »

Awareness facilitates my lack of exercise.

Exercise hurts... we have a bunch of marathon runners and a couple of other gym junkies, they are always bitching about how bits of their bodies hurt, compared to me who has no such issues.
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

can't argue with that montey, lol. feck you and your logic! :P

;)
pogo

Post by pogo »

I just do 160 push-ups 4 times a week....... ideally :D but really finding it hard to keep motivated right now, lucky to do it 3 times a week. Need to incorporate some leg work, my job doesn't work them & finding my legs are weak on the motie-bike. Calves are ok, quads could use some work - squats c.j?
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Steps mate... find the biggest set you can find and run them. Just be careful coming down. Put a backpack on with 2-4 kgs in it and do raises. That is stand on the step on the ball of your foot and raise so you extend and compress your calves. Also hill climbs, running and bikes, short hill but steep. 100m and break it up into 1/4s. Run full, then half, then 3/4s then a 1/4 etc.

I dont do that many pushups in one set, its fecking boring. Break it up, keep your chest and arms guessing... You need to shock them to get results, and no I don't mean buy them something nice on the way home...

;)
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

That's intense CJ!!

At the moment I'm in weight loss mode. I'm doing 3 x weights sessions a week to a pro weight loss program that involves mostly circuits and supersets with heaps of ab work. I do cardio every day, treadmill mostly with 2 interval sessions a week and I swim at least once a week.

I'm still deciding on what exactly I'll do when I come out of the weight loss stage to maintain.
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

c.j wrote:..Exercise consists of heaves, chin ups, ... The difference between a heave and a chin up is a Heave is palms facing away from you when you grasp the bar. You are pulling up with your back primarily not your arms. Chin ups are palms facing you on the bar, you are lifting with your biceps and lowering with your triceps..
well there you go.. I call it the same thing... not now though, but I don't use a bar(round), Metal H beam that runs along the roof, no thumb grip. now doing 5 one way and 5 the other way with hold, when I started I could barely do one not even a hold.

That 4 and 20 sounds intense, when do you add the sauce. So that is without pack? just general shape fitness.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

mrleisure

Post by mrleisure »

I swim two nights a week with a masters swim squad , the sessions last an hour and a half and we cover about three thousand metres in that time broken up into sets and different strokes although I mainly just swim freestyle and backstroke . I also ride my bicycle anywhere from two to four hundred kilometres a week depending on how much time I've got .

:rofl: @ the full benefit c.j , I've heard that type of talk before :D
"There is a grey blur and green blur . I try to stay on the grey one...." Joey Dunlop IoM TT Legend

"You work for the line.. you own the line .. you defend that hard fought line." Steer
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Swimming is easily the best all round exercise in my opinion. You are using a lot of muscle groups, so good for weight loss. Low resistance which is good for people of every age group and ability.
You get cardio, fat burning and strength conditioning in one session. Just remember its harder to see how much sweat you are losing, so keep the fluids up. I drink about 3-8 ltrs of water per day depending on the activity. I always drink about 1ltr before I go to sleep so I am ready in the morning.

That said, I am lucky being a little prick, less meat to haul up the heave beam.

;)
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Montey wrote: Not At Work: Every 2nd Sunday I spend the entire day standing up as a volunteer conductor at Puffing Billy

OH MY EFFING GOD! ...*faints*

For the 1st time in my life, I want to be Montey!
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

ok lets and some other dimensions.. hight and weight.

At last measure 189cm, 85kg(down from 100+kg) well not emo slim, Big Boned but fit well er.. no gut.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

I dont know what that sentence says Wobbly, sorry.

;)
pogo

Post by pogo »

183cm, 84kg and rising :( (the weight, not the height)
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

Mainly Cycling for me, but i've been expanding my horizons recently :)

Cycling to work at least 3 times a week (13 km each way), with a longer ride on the weekend into the Adelaide Hills (50-60km). Sometimes at work we knock off early as a group and go on a ride up in the hills.

Sometimes a bit of bushwalking (usually about 8-10km distances) and a bit of running for the Corporate Cup (17th fastest average in the 2.75 km distance :vibes: )

usually 2x a year i take on Exam Supervision for UniSA which is about 2 weeks of constantly being on my feet and running about, though i don't know that does anyting special for my fitness.

As of this morning i'm 169cm and 74.1kg and dropping ... here's a graph :D
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

I'm 78kg down from 95kg originally as in a year ago. Down from 90kg in about 3 months. Most recently I'm 6.5kg down in 7 weeks.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Need to get back into swimming. Before I started a new job and moved house, I was doing about 4-5 km a week. Not a huge amount considering the intense sessions I used to do when I competed... But it made a difference.
pab

Post by pab »

Competing in League athletics (mostly over 35's races these days). I get off the bus part way and run to work 4 days a week (somewhere between 4 and 8 k depending on the day of the week and training workload) and then train with the group on the track Tuesday nights (really needs to be at least 2 or 3 nights a week on the track, but with a family now I just don't have the time). I'm racing (middle distance) events roughly every second week during summer.

I'm 178cm and currently around 67kg.
PB
Radioactive Race Engineering #16 / Lightning Karts KT100s #61
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

i use a shake weight, well......kinda.
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Woodsy, don't forget to use the other arm.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

VTRacing
Team Pedant (c)

Post by VTRacing »

wobblysauce wrote:Woodsy, don't forget to use the other arm.
Glad you cleared that up.
:teach:
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

LOL
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

If you sit on your arm till it goes numb it feels like someone is using your shake weight, or so I've been told.
Minister for Religious Genocide.