Green lines and red triangles.

CyclARSEts talk in here.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Re: Green lines and red triangles.

Post by norbs »

Flinty72 wrote:
norbs wrote:
Flinty72 wrote:C'mon Norbs, you started this thing & apart from Neil, who has a pretty good reason, your the one letting the team down on our graphs. :lol:
Are you forgetting to upload your rides, I hope so....???

Been without a wheel for over a week. Got it today. Went out and got a flat after 7kms. Fecker!

Oh yer I forgot about that. So do we blame your poor workmanship for that puncture? :D

I didn't make the fucking wheel! :lol: Sure, I managed to ride it into a pothole, but that is lack of riding skills and nerve than workmanship. :nod:
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Flinty72 wrote:Believe it or not our very own Neil is not even last in the BNA club....:P
:lol: im 5th last at the moment. out of people who have actually posted some kilometers.
norbs

Post by norbs »

55kms in the bank today. Jesus, 8 days off the bike and my date is sore. (Cue filthy jokes.)

Legs felt pretty good, so I hope I can do the commute again tomorrow. Might not have a commute much longer, work is looking more and more like they are going to shunt some of us contractors. Fucking arseholes. :no:
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

I have not ridden for over a week. Gonna hop on tonight and head down for some singletrack. I am kind of dreading it, even a week off the bike sure does kill your bike fitness, but the beauty is, it comes back quite easily too.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

norbs wrote:55kms in the bank today. Jesus, 8 days off the bike and my date is sore. (Cue filthy jokes.)

Legs felt pretty good, so I hope I can do the commute again tomorrow. Might not have a commute much longer, work is looking more and more like they are going to shunt some of us contractors. Fucking arseholes. :no:

going off what your told me yesterday you will be able to make money as a male prostitute at service stations.
mrleisure

Post by mrleisure »

I havn't been able to ride since last Friday due to injuring my right knee and right hip at work on Saturday . I had some treatment done on Monday and went swimming last night so I hope to be able to get out for a short ride sometime on the weekend .
"There is a grey blur and green blur . I try to stay on the grey one...." Joey Dunlop IoM TT Legend

"You work for the line.. you own the line .. you defend that hard fought line." Steer
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

@norbs, hahaha amazing how quick your butt loses condition isn't it...:lol: Fingers crossed your not in the cross-hairs @ work. :shake:

@mrlesuire I wondered how I managed to pass you in the km count, hope your injuries heal up quick so you can smash it again soon.

As for me well I've taken a new role at work which means my commute is now going to be around 46km's each way.
http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/20 ... Georges-Rd" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm hoping to get there in 1:45hr otherwise it's going to make for too long of a day. :fall:
My biggest concern is it looks like it will be a biatch of a ride in some parts as there is fark all good cycling infrastructure the way I'm heading & once I'm north of the city, so if I survive it I'll be buying a lottery ticket.
I'm sure I'll work out a safer route as the days & weeks go by and as long as I can do it regularly my original km goal should be easier to achieve.
I'm hoping the Garmin can help me out and earn some of it's keep for a change.
First attempt is tomorrow so I'll report back on how it goes. Wish me luck... :aussie:
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

Commuting km have dropped compared to last year, but i'm trying to get regular rides in. 50 km today, split over 2 rides (morning/night)

I still think i'm tracking well enough for now.. i have a 120km ride coming up soon, so i should really get a few more hills rides under my belt at some time in the near future!

Cheers,
CLP
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Well I survived, it was actually quite a good ride the traffic wasn't as bad as I thought and alot of the bike path sections were really good.
My estimate was also very close to actual with it being 49km's taking me 1:44hrs ride time and about 1:50hrs total time from doorstep to depot.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/67486893" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
As you can see I did make a few wrong turns as well as having to backtrack once due to the path being closed with debris from last weeks storm, I probably lost about 5mins at the most. So I reckon being more efficient and knowing where the hell I'm going I may be able to get time down a litle more.
The big test will be tonight as traffic is always worse in the arvo for some reason.
Dukester

norbs

Post by norbs »

You got lost. No way.

CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

norbs wrote:You got lost. No way.
it all counts as extra km ;)

CLP
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

During the week off in the heat I was doing 30-40 squats and calf raises every morning. Had a ride last night and going uphills was a breeze. I'm sure the new tyres helped as well. Don't notice much difference when rolling, but they do get the power down better. Slightly smaller diameter I guess. Old slicks were 40mm. New ones are 32.

My 19km hilly ride:
18th Jan - 58 mins
28th Jan - 54 mins
09th Feb - 48 mins

Another 12 goes and I'll be finishing before I start :)

I'd still prefer a road bike, but with the new tyres and some extra fitness I'll be sticking with what I've got for a bit longer.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

DarrenM wrote:
My 19km hilly ride:
18th Jan - 58 mins
28th Jan - 54 mins
09th Feb - 48 mins
that's some pretty impressive improvements! top effort. Pretty easy to remain motivated when you see improvements like that!

Cheers,
CLP
norbs

Post by norbs »

DarrenM wrote:During the week off in the heat I was doing 30-40 squats and calf raises every morning. Had a ride last night and going uphills was a breeze. I'm sure the new tyres helped as well. Don't notice much difference when rolling, but they do get the power down better. Slightly smaller diameter I guess. Old slicks were 40mm. New ones are 32.

My 19km hilly ride:
18th Jan - 58 mins
28th Jan - 54 mins
09th Feb - 48 mins

I'd still prefer a road bike, but with the new tyres and some extra fitness I'll be sticking with what I've got for a bit longer.

That is a hell of an improvement. Well done Darren.

The tyres make a difference. I started out with 40mm on my bike. Then 32s. I am now on 28mms. The old 40mms look like tractor tyres to me now.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

norbs wrote:
DarrenM wrote:During the week off in the heat I was doing 30-40 squats and calf raises every morning. Had a ride last night and going uphills was a breeze. I'm sure the new tyres helped as well. Don't notice much difference when rolling, but they do get the power down better. Slightly smaller diameter I guess. Old slicks were 40mm. New ones are 32.

My 19km hilly ride:
18th Jan - 58 mins
28th Jan - 54 mins
09th Feb - 48 mins

That is a hell of an improvement. Well done Darren.

The tyres make a difference. I started out with 40mm on my bike. Then 32s. I am now on 28mms. The old 40mms look like tractor tyres to me now.
Ah you blokes will be buying Road bikes next, you just wait & see...bitten by the need for speed....much..:P
Dukester

mrleisure

Post by mrleisure »

norbs wrote:You got lost. No way.

:rofl: Do you ever lead the bunch Flinty ?

+1 Well done Darren
"There is a grey blur and green blur . I try to stay on the grey one...." Joey Dunlop IoM TT Legend

"You work for the line.. you own the line .. you defend that hard fought line." Steer
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

Flinty72 wrote: Ah you blokes will be buying Road bikes next, you just wait & see...bitten by the need for speed....much..:P
+1 :yes:
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

Flinty72 wrote: Ah you blokes will be buying Road bikes next, you just wait & see...bitten by the need for speed....much..:P

i was eyeing off a carbon frame road bike today in a shop. I had a Waynes World moment 'you will be mine, oh yes, you will be mine'. I'd love to have it before the around the bay in a day ride.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

After I get my Duallie XC bike then a Road bike is the next one on the Toy List.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

So I braved Sydney Rd for the commute home this arvo, nearly got wiped out on numerous occasions around Brunswick, yep it's not the best place to be cycling at that time of day.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/67535342" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
But it is interesting to compare the 2 rides as this was quicker given it's 5km's shorter than this mornings route.
Ride Time was a whopping 20mins quicker but with having to stop @ so many traffic lights especially around the city I gained an extra 8mins of stoppage time from the morning so the overall ride time is only around 12mins faster. Given the extra distance & slower but continuous average speed from this morning with using mainly bike paths then deducting the time I think I lost from taking some wrong turns it's a toss up on which way is better given the issues around Brunswick. I have got another route in mind for next time which I will try but I doubt it will be tomorrow given the Melbourne forecast for morning rain.
93k's for the day makes this a mammoth commute that's for sure.
Dukester

CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

Flinty72 wrote: 93k's for the day makes this a mammoth commute that's for sure.
damn.. i think i'm doing ok if i do that distance in a week! good effort! :)
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

w00dsy wrote: i was eyeing off a carbon frame road bike today in a shop. I had a Waynes World moment 'you will be mine, oh yes, you will be mine'. I'd love to have it before the around the bay in a day ride.
I keep seeing the cheap carbon road frames on ebay and thinking it'd be fun to build one up. though not sure my house is big enough for another bike just yet :)
w00dsy

Green lines and red triangles.

Post by w00dsy »

I'm not sure what brand this one was that I saw but as the guy said once you've got a bike with a carbon frame you can then upgrade all the stuff on it over time. For $1700 it's probably about bang on what I'd be looking to upgrade to. I'll only ever be a hobby cyclist so it'd probably be about as good as I'd need. I say that now but I'm sure if I'm still riding in 2 years time I'll somehow justify a full carbon bike to myself.
norbs

Post by norbs »

Good collection of kms today, but fuck me, I felt horrible for nearly the whole ride!

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/67637910" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I cramped about 45km in. I don't know why, I drank a fair bit of water, but it was frickin hot and humid. I punctured at 72kms, but had an excellent view at the time. Photos later. Then about 10km from home a fly flew into my mouth and must have hit me right on the place that is the gag reflex, because I spewed nearly straight away. Warm flat coke and a pineapple tart flew out of my mouth doing about 25kph. That is a 1st for me.

If all rides like this are this painful, the old Ride around the Bay is looking less and less likely. I remember a time I used to love pushing my self through the pain barrier. These days I just want to call a friend and get them to drive me home. Fuck getting older sucks arse!
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

i realise you were knackered, but i nearly cried when i saw how close you'd gotten to 100kms.