Your ride today, yesterday....

CyclARSEts talk in here.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Re: Your ride today, yesterday....

Post by norbs »

My ride tomorrow. 6:30am start. 100kms for the trip with another local.

Thats from the start point of the other rider. I will probably do about 5kms more than him starting off to the east.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

norbs wrote:My ride tomorrow..
hey, can't you read.. thread title is "Your ride today, yesterday...." .. this is clearly off topic, unless you've mastered time travel ;)

looks like a decent ride Norbs.. what's the elevation profile look like in that area? you'll be able to catch that damn little red triangle with this one !

good luck with it! :)
norbs

Post by norbs »

Ok, just got back. Excellent ride til the last 10kms when the wind and rain hit us. Fuck that after 90kms!

More stats here... http://connect.garmin.com/activity/75265147" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Im off for a shower and a lay down. Report later.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Fantastic norbs, looks like a great ride as in not flat but not too hilly either.
lol that you got shat on at the end, better then than at the start then having to ride the whole way wet & cold.
Congrats!!!
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
norbs

Post by norbs »

Flinty72 wrote:Fantastic norbs, looks like a great ride as in not flat but not too hilly either.
lol that you got shat on at the end, better then than at the start then having to ride the whole way wet & cold.
Congrats!!!
Yeah, was great, but I was expecting a flat ride, well apart from the 1 climb we did last time, but nearly 800m of climbing! I had a few frothy chops last night so wasn't feeling to flash for the 1st 20kms. Had I know about the hills, I would have gone easy in the grog.

Legs at the moment. Well, Stephen Hawkings could out sprint me over 50m, thats for sure.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Nice one, Norbs.

I was hoping for another longish ride this arvo, bought some kniks too, but it hasn't worked out. I'll have to get a couple short ones in during the week. Daylight savings ending next weekend is going to make it more difficult to get the kms in.
mrleisure

Post by mrleisure »

Nice work norbs on the ton +, looks like a very scenic ride if the pic is anything to go by . What sort of bike does your mate ride ? A roady with disc brakes front and rear :eyepop:
"There is a grey blur and green blur . I try to stay on the grey one...." Joey Dunlop IoM TT Legend

"You work for the line.. you own the line .. you defend that hard fought line." Steer
norbs

Post by norbs »

mrleisure wrote:Nice work norbs on the ton +, looks like a very scenic ride if the pic is anything to go by . What sort of bike does your mate ride ? A roady with disc brakes front and rear :eyepop:
I think it is a cyclocross bike. Pretty much exactly what I should have bought. He is a bloody rocket down the hills. I think his 120kgs helps too. :p
Crowella

Post by Crowella »

First commute to uni with my ol' bike since I missed the bus this morning. Only a short ride to the train station but my god, I can make classes on time now.

Since I don't need to be up too early tomorrow for Uni, might give the new 16km Fernleigh Track a ride and just hop back on the train at Adamstown for Uni. It opened just about 2-3 weeks ago and since I don't live up in Newcastle to go join the other students on the ride, I might do it myself :)
http://users.hunterlink.net.au/~magsb/F ... ck_map.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EDIT: So the round trip along the track and back to uni will be ~42km. Might be a tough day for me but a good morning and fitness exercise :D
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

42k's will feel like an eternity and hurt like hell...... But then you'll do it again a week later and it will somehow be a breeze. It's wierd like that.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Pretty stoked right now, just got back from a short training ride. Went to where I was riding up the downhill trails the other day, and for the 1st time, I managed to climb the entire trail without stopping and walking some. It's all loose rock and I'm gonna hazard a guess here, umm, about 25 to 30 degree in parts. The challenge before was not so much about energy, but more about line selection and technique. Tonight I nailed it... finally

Feels like i've all of a sudden hit the next level. That place has probably the most technical climbs I have seen so far, so very happy i finally ticked that one off and now feel very confident tackling any trail around here now. Well, I'd still tackle them before, but it would normally eventuate in a bit of a moment and some walking up hill.

Chuffed!!!
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

Hz-Lab wrote:Tonight I nailed it... finally
Awesome effort mate.. it's always good when you achieve that elusive goal! :) on to the next one! :D

CLP
norbs

Post by norbs »

Hz-Lab wrote:Pretty stoked right now, just got back from a short training ride. Went to where I was riding up the downhill trails the other day, and for the 1st time, I managed to climb the entire trail without stopping and walking some. It's all loose rock and I'm gonna hazard a guess here, umm, about 25 to 30 degree in parts. The challenge before was not so much about energy, but more about line selection and technique. Tonight I nailed it... finally

Feels like i've all of a sudden hit the next level. That place has probably the most technical climbs I have seen so far, so very happy i finally ticked that one off and now feel very confident tackling any trail around here now. Well, I'd still tackle them before, but it would normally eventuate in a bit of a moment and some walking up hill.

Chuffed!!!

Jesus, if that guess is right, I doubt I could walk up it. 30 degrees is 33% if I have worked it out right. I was struggling doing 18% on the road on the weekend. :(
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Well it's just a guess..lol. But there are some seriously steep parts where you are continuosly fighting not to flip the bike backwards.
Crowella

Post by Crowella »

Hz, you are a machine :nod: Bet your legs thank you.

Today proved how unpleasantly fit I am, but after a total of 45km today I am very happy. 36km of it was continuous on the Fernleigh Track. Had to stop at the bottom of the trail to turn around and once on the way up to refill my water bottle (none at the end oddly enough) and had to cart myself a little further to the next train station because I missed the early train by a minute and didn't want to wait another 45.

The track was beautiful. They had a bit of maintenance work going in resulting in a bottleneck at one point but aside that it was a smooth run, beautiful environment and most of all quite tiring. I feel dead but I love it :D

Also, I felt so much slower going up the hill on the way back but it wasn't "that" slow. I'll give the trail another run next month with the Sirrus and see what I can do there :) 36km in 1hr 45min to beat (including all but the turnaround pause)
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

you'll smash it next time man.. you'll be surprised.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

Crowella wrote: I feel dead but I love it :D
great effort! :) sounds like you had fun out there :) you'll probably find that if you keep at it even for a short while your fitness will increase quite dramatically and your times will plummet :)

My rides in and out of work weren't notable, except that it was the first time riding with my new Garmin Edge 800 :D
mrleisure

Post by mrleisure »

Nice work Crowella :yes: Good to see your enjoying it :)

Just ride up like this Hz , should keep the front wheel down :D .

"There is a grey blur and green blur . I try to stay on the grey one...." Joey Dunlop IoM TT Legend

"You work for the line.. you own the line .. you defend that hard fought line." Steer
Crowella

Post by Crowella »

I knew this would happen. :(

Lets play a game of spot whats wrong?

Almost resulted in a stack into Brisbane Water. Just put the chain back on and hoped for the best. It sounded very rough and was a bit of a push :melt:
Last edited by Crowella on Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

The world has been turned 90 degrees anti clockwise.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

Crowella wrote:I knew this would happen. :(

Poor maintenance schedule judging by the rust on the chain and chainrings :)

Broken front derailleur?
norbs

Post by norbs »

Crowella wrote:I knew this would happen. :(

Your riding a bike that was been laying in salt water since Noah was a boy?
Crowella

Post by Crowella »

All answers so far have been correct :) *fixed the pic orientation, stupid auto upload*

Yeah, the poor maintenance is a bit of a consequence of the bike sitting out of action for 6 years in the rain which is why I am still surprised it works with stock gear.

And yes, broken front derailleur. Snapped right on me and made the rest of the ride a bitch.
Last edited by Crowella on Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Just HTFU and change it manually on the fly with your hand or foot...gees!!!
Last edited by Duke on Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Crowella

Post by Crowella »

Kicking the chain helped me on the one hill I had on the way back :nod: