Your ride today, yesterday....

CyclARSEts talk in here.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Re: Your ride today, yesterday....

Post by norbs »

Flinty72 wrote:Just HTFU anf change manually on the fly with your hand or foot...gees!!!
Back in the day, when :old: Flinty used to :bike: to the corner shop for some Chocoalte milk and hot chips, he would come home with bloody hands from changing on the fly. Now his hands are so hard he uses then to slow down instead of brakes. :p
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

ROFL norbs, you know me well!!!

Had a work "from home day" today so I took the opportunity to do a session in some local hills around Lyserfield South.
Now they may look short & not that steep but they are decieving especially when you do 4 repeats of each side of it. :nod:
Just under 50k's in just over 1.5hrs was a good end of the working week ride. Damn it was cold too but was greeted with this as I finished. :yes:
Garmin Stats: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/76408140" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sunrise.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
mrleisure

Post by mrleisure »

I did a similar thing , went out riding around a few local back streets with my son and ended up down at Parramatta Park for a few laps on the way home . We rode through Winston Hills and Dundas Valley and did a few repeats of Perry St up to Marsden Rd , which is always a good workout . Nice day for cruising around :) . 45.5klm all up .
"There is a grey blur and green blur . I try to stay on the grey one...." Joey Dunlop IoM TT Legend

"You work for the line.. you own the line .. you defend that hard fought line." Steer
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Went for a small ride thismorning which resulted in my 1st stack whilst being clipped to the bike. Was on a climb, got hung up on a log and just tipped over basically. Unfortunately though I fell right on to a Rock with my knee and made a whoopsy. It was fine to continue but now I have stopped it is starting to swell a bit. No biggy, Loading up the Downhill bike shortly to go hurt myself some more...

Here's where I rode today

I've managed to make this loop about 65% single track, and I am always discovering a new little trail. It's a pretty entertaining ride.. apart from that shit climb at the start. 575m of elevation all up.

also managed to somehow score a flatty right out the front of a grassed park right on the coastline right where lots of athletically minded young ladies ran past in short shorts....hard luck hey?
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Went out with the 6amers posse for our typical Sundee weekly ride.
Today's route was to Kinglake or simply KL as it's known to many cyclists, it's probably Melbourne's 2nd most popular climb to the 1/20 in the Dandenong's.
It was pretty much a direct out & back route this week, we have many other options we usually use when heading out that way but not today.
What made today special for me was for 2 reasons;

1. It was my first ride on my new Fulcrum 5 wheelset.
I'm pretty happy with them so far, they felt very stiff and gave no strange handling sensations, very quiet too as the freewheel mech is super quiet.
It will be interesting to see how they bed in over the next few months.

2. I got to ride one of our other riders Lynskey Ti bike.
Fortunatley we are both very similar in size so our set-ups only vary a couple of mm's here & there. I was able to give it a good test as I had it for around 30mins of our ride which included all types of terrian (flat, undulating, climbs & descents). I have to say what a machine, it just wants to get up & go.
It was such a different ride feeling to anything I have ridden before, you could tell it was super stiff yet is just soaked up the road, well actually I would term it ate up the road. My carbon soaks it up while this thing just sat so stable & comfortable on the road. I must say I now think my next bike could very well be one of these...

So 125k's in just over 4:15hr's is not a bad way to end the week. :)
Garmin Stats: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/76804912" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
KLs.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dukester

CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

Todays ride was a cruisy 95km ride with the Adelaide Cyclists Forum members for their 2nd birthday celebrations. Generally flat ride out along the beach from Glenelg, turn around at Outer Harbour and then regroup at Henley Surf Life Savers Club for pancakes and coffee :yummy:

CLP
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

I reckon I seen all of you guys riding near Wigley Reserve, in a nice little pack, debating which way to turn?.lol. One guy in a lay down... was that you guys? I was sitting on the balcony in the Atlantic Tower (revolving resteraunt).
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

Hz-Lab wrote:I reckon I seen all of you guys riding near Wigley Reserve, in a nice little pack, debating which way to turn?.lol. One guy in a lay down... was that you guys? I was sitting on the balcony in the Atlantic Tower (revolving resteraunt).
yep, reckon that was us :) bit after 8am leaving Glenelg Cibo :) Should have joined us and get a few more kms into the legs :)

CLP
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

76km. w00t.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=d&sour ... 53716&z=12" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My right knee started hurting after 40km and by the time I got home I could barely pedal :(

Might have to bring forward the clipless upgrade to make sure my feet are at the right angle or something.

Apparently with padded niks you need to angle your seat forward more or your cock goes numb after 20km. Never felt much pressure on that region when riding in shorts. If sitting on your hand makes it feel like someone else, I don't want it to feel like someone else in that way :eek:
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

CLP wrote:
Hz-Lab wrote:I reckon I seen all of you guys riding near Wigley Reserve, in a nice little pack, debating which way to turn?.lol. One guy in a lay down... was that you guys? I was sitting on the balcony in the Atlantic Tower (revolving resteraunt).
yep, reckon that was us :) bit after 8am leaving Glenelg Cibo :) Should have joined us and get a few more kms into the legs :)

CLP
I can hardly walk today, After my stack yesterday, then I bashed my other Knee on the Coffee table, hard. Then spent last night out and about at Glenelg for my bday and I was absolutely buggered, I was quite happy standing there shaking my head at the Spandex... meanwhile, Who has the Kick ass Duff Beer Jersey? lol
norbs

Post by norbs »

DarrenM wrote:76km. w00t.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=d&sour ... 53716&z=12" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My right knee started hurting after 40km and by the time I got home I could barely pedal :(

Might have to bring forward the clipless upgrade to make sure my feet are at the right angle or something.

Apparently with padded niks you need to angle your seat forward more or your cock goes numb after 20km. Never felt much pressure on that region when riding in shorts. If sitting on your hand makes it feel like someone else, I don't want it to feel like someone else in that way :eek:

Great effort Darren. I only managed 50kms today. Been trying to stave off a head cold and I felt ordinary. Turned it into a tour and took my time taking some photos.

Great riding ARSEs. Some big Kms this weekend.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

DarrenM wrote:76km. w00t.

great effort!

be careful with clipless pedals though, while they are generally fantastic, if they are set up poorly they can cause a lot of trouble for your knees (possibly no quite as much as the old school clips and cleats though!).
DarrenM wrote:Apparently with padded niks you need to angle your seat forward more or your cock goes numb after 20km. Never felt much pressure on that region when riding in shorts. If sitting on your hand makes it feel like someone else, I don't want it to feel like someone else in that way :eek:
not heard that before. For road riding, seat should be flat. If things are going numb, you're doing it wrong! :P
Charles

Post by Charles »

Hz-Lab wrote:Went for a small ride thismorning which resulted in my 1st stack whilst being clipped to the bike. Was on a climb, got hung up on a log and just tipped over basically. Unfortunately though I fell right on to a Rock with my knee and made a whoopsy. It was fine to continue but now I have stopped it is starting to swell a bit. No biggy, Loading up the Downhill bike shortly to go hurt myself some more...
Hey Hz, one tip I picked up when I first started using my SPDs was to angle the shoe cleat pointing slightly inwards, so effectively it reduces the maximum angle you have to twist your foot before the pedal disengages. I found it more useful than fiddling around with the spring tension.

At least you haven't stacked while clipping in at the bottom of your driveway... now that's embarrassing! :fall:
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

Charles wrote: At least you haven't stacked while clipping in at the bottom of your driveway... now that's embarrassing! :fall:

i've had a stack in the driveway at the end of a ride before :rolleyes: less pleased with that.

was rolling up the drive way to the shed post-ride, and realising that i was running out of momentum and wouldn't make it i had to pedal to keep it going.
What i hadn't considered was that i was in a fairly large gear and that the smooth concrete driveway had a small pool of water.. about where my back tyre was.

I pushed down on the pedal pretty firmly, back tyre breaks traction and starts spinning like crazy, and then kicks to the side, throwing me onto my arse still clipped in with the wheel still trying to propel the bike in an arc around me :rolleyes: awesome :rolleyes:
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

Hz-Lab wrote: meanwhile, Who has the Kick ass Duff Beer Jersey? lol
that jersey got a few comments during the ride .. very distinctive :) found a place you can get one.. though the one you saw was long sleeved
http://www.evanscycles.com/products/fos ... y-ec018273" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mrleisure

Post by mrleisure »

hahaha love the jersey CLP :yes: . Nice going Darren , starting to do some good rides now :) Fairly quick average speed there Flinty .
"There is a grey blur and green blur . I try to stay on the grey one...." Joey Dunlop IoM TT Legend

"You work for the line.. you own the line .. you defend that hard fought line." Steer
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Came across this link today. It has all the cycleways marked out :yes:
http://www.opencyclemap.org/?zoom=5&lat ... &layers=B0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just needs a route planner.
norbs

Post by norbs »

DarrenM wrote:Came across this link today. It has all the cycleways marked out :yes:
http://www.opencyclemap.org/?zoom=5&lat ... &layers=B0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just needs a route planner.

Cool. Thanks Darren.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

finished at 12.30 today so i grabbed some lunch and went for a nice easy 18km ride along the Barwon River in Geelong at about 1pm. When i got back to my car i couldn't find my key, it had either fallen out of where i have it when i ride or i had locked it in the car. I looked in the car and couldn't see it, so i headed back off around the path i had already ridden, but this time at a much slower pace with my eyes on the ground. I never found it so i had to ring the wife when she finished work at 3pm and get her to drive 50mins to bring me the spare key, once she'd done the school run. I was finally saved at 4.30pm. She's my favorite person today, but i'm not hers.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

I had my house keys fall out of my pocket once. Luckily I heard them and was able to stop and find them. Since then I've always bundled them in a hankerchief when riding.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Geesus w00dsy, so have you found them yet or are they gone forever???
Dukester

Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

I am pretty OC about this happening to me actually, most of my riding shorts have a zip compartment but I Still have to just check my pockets atleast every couple of minutes.. Same with the Phone. Most the time now they live in my CamelPak though.
w00dsy

Your ride today, yesterday....

Post by w00dsy »

Gone. It was just my car key. I took the other keys off and left them in the car luckily.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

never had the problem of lost keys since jersey pockets are pretty deep. Even so, i'm continually checking to make sure nothing has fallen out.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

my new ride around Geelongs Barwon River has become something of an adventure. I have now had to dodge 2 snakes in the last few days. I wish i had a heart rate monitor because i reckon it'd spike when i spot them. The first one i saw from a few metres away, i did a little bitch squeal and lifted my feet and rode around it as it sunbaked on the footpath, then it shit bricks and buggered off as i was going past it. Then the 2nd one yesterday i didn't see until i was almost of top of him, and didn't notice me either, i reckon i missed him by a few inches.