Chasing Legends.

CyclARSEts talk in here.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Chasing Legends.

Post by norbs »

Anyone here seen it? If not, want to borrow my DVDs?
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Re: Chasing Legends.

Post by w00dsy »

can i um, borrow your dvd's? Mainly because my friend Bert Torrence can't find his copy.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

I have a mates copy but still haven't got round to watching it yet, he races also & siad he wasn't as impressed as all the hype made it out to be.
Oh I just remembered I can watch it tonight as I'm on baby sitting duties as the wife is off to her cousins engagement party. :)
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
norbs

Post by norbs »

Flinty72 wrote:I have a mates copy but still haven't got round to watching it yet, he races also & siad he wasn't as impressed as all the hype made it out to be.
Oh I just remembered I can watch it tonight as I'm on baby sitting duties as the wife is off to her cousins engagement party. :)

I will wait til you have seen it before I make any comments.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

norbs wrote:
Flinty72 wrote:I have a mates copy but still haven't got round to watching it yet, he races also & siad he wasn't as impressed as all the hype made it out to be.

I will wait til you have seen it before I make any comments.
Well it took me 2 nights to watch it. :lol:
It wasn't what I really expected it to be, I was hoping it would go more behind the scene's (like Team Garmin's "Blood, Sweat & Gears") but it didn't really go deep enough into that aspect. I loved the pieces that did, like the crosswind segement when you hear Rogers over the team radio to hit the front & go full steam. Awsome.
However it was good for what it was, a great Travelogue of the TdF. I did like the cinematography but it was nothing a cycling purist (like myself) would watch over & over again. Don't get me wrong it is worth a look if you can grab, steal or borrow a copy but don't get over-excited about it.

One thing I thought about later is someone has to do a movie on Jens Voight before he retires, that bloke is a legend and so off-the-cuff funny, his bit's were some of the best highlights of Chasing Legends.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

i watched it and enjoyed it, but i'm sure i'd of enjoyed it more if i knew who any of them were. I knew Lance Armstrong. But the 2 grumpy guys in the car made me giggle a few times. Especially when the driver put his arm on the other guys head rest. Is that Prince Harry guy an aussie? Fuck me i thought it was Harry for a sec, but he wasn't in Nazi uniform.
norbs

Post by norbs »

w00dsy wrote:i watched it and enjoyed it, but i'm sure i'd of enjoyed it more if i knew who any of them were. I knew Lance Armstrong. But the 2 grumpy guys in the car made me giggle a few times. Especially when the driver put his arm on the other guys head rest. Is that Prince Harry guy an aussie? Fuck me i thought it was Harry for a sec, but he wasn't in Nazi uniform.
Mark Renshaw. Aussie as. Cav's lead out by. Hell of a rider.