Cycling Injuries

CyclARSEts talk in here.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Cycling Injuries

Post by Hz-Lab »

I assume the majority of the posts in this thread will be mine..lol

This was from last night, little trip over the bars on a rocky decent. Broke the mount for my speedo and created a squeak in my rear hub..lol.

light grazes, but enough to be annoying.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Re: Cycling Injuries

Post by w00dsy »

i haven't had any in 10 years, touch wood, but it was a good one, it put me out of working for 6 months.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

About 10 years ago I flipped off my bike at about 20kph and did a ninja roll on shale. 1/2 my back was grazed and I had a bunch of lines across it which looked like I'd been flogged with a wire plus with a couple deep cuts in my hip. It slices, it dices, but wait there's more! I had gloves on but still fucked my wrist when I landed on it. I think a rock must have dug into my palm. Took about a year before I could put full weight on it without pain. I also couldn't sit back in a chair properly for a couple weeks. Good times :vibes:
mrleisure

Post by mrleisure »

Bad luck Hz :( . I had a fall a couple of months ago , skin off my left hip and elbow which was painfull :( . I was more pissed off about scuffing the saddle and bar tape and ripping a hole in my knicks though :rage: .
"There is a grey blur and green blur . I try to stay on the grey one...." Joey Dunlop IoM TT Legend

"You work for the line.. you own the line .. you defend that hard fought line." Steer
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Cycling Injuries

Post by DexterPunk »

While riding down a hill in the wet (with semi slicks on) a mate of mine went past me down the middle of tram tracks. Another mate yelled "Phil ya dickhead! Why are you riding between tram tracks in the wet!!?? And by the way there's a car behind you!" so he moves over in front of me. And gets his back wheel sliding from the tram track. Last thing I remember is looking up from seeing my speedo at 64km/h to see him going sideways in front of me. I don't know if I hit him or just flipped over the handle bars from panic braking. I don't remember anything, just kinda blacked out. I 'woke up', although I hadnt been knocked out, on the ground worrying mainly about my bike. It was fine. I was fine too apart from a few grazes. My mate? He got it pretty bad, apparently slid on his knees for 20m or so... Went down to the bone on one knee. He slid under a parked car and smacked his head on the exhaust pipe. His bike was fucked too.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

I had a small off yesterday descending Mt Baw Baw of all places, yep what a place to have one hey but it was one of those ones were you say "that was a good one to have" as nothing got broken, bent or even ripped on me or the bike. Long story short I saw a pothole on the entry to one of the top corners to late and my avoiding action resulted in me missing the corner and eventually slipping of the road onto the grass & leaves.
If it wasn't for the 7 foot odd drop it would have been quite innocuous. :rolleyes:

Bugger, I just fell off!

Crash Site

Damage
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

At least you had the presence of mind to flex the calves for the photo. I shall call you Wade from now on. ;)
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

So, to revive an old thread. I also posted something in the bike gallery thread but this seemed more appropriate.

I had a little whoopsy a week ago doing some dirt jumps (an activity for teenagers really) and managed a separation of the AC Joint. It wasn't as painful as expected but has caused some discomfort since. The keeping still and time off work is doing my head in.

here's a piccy of the damage

So when I did it, they said they'll give it a week to heal. I asked if surgery is a quicker option to which they said yes, but insisted on giving it the chance. But now, I still have a 2cm gap between bones, and now they agree with me that surgery is the way to go. However, it turns out my mega fucking expensive private health cover does not cover orthopedic surgery ???? wtf.. so I need to wait. Could be up to 6 months unless the surgeon flags it urgent... arrgghhh.. I just wanna go do more jumps.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Mtba membership cover the costs? Id look into it, I know samba membership includes insurance cover and I didnt bother renewing as im sure i read that mtba has the same cover
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

ah fair call, I might give them a call actually.