Bikey Booty!!!! What you got fool?

CyclARSEts talk in here.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Re: Bikey Booty!!!! What you got fool?

Post by CLP »

just did a quick test.

as expected, ipsensorman was able to connect to my Neo via btle, and ipwatts displayed the output.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Sweet
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Brett_S

Post by Brett_S »

I've been looking around for some reasonably priced kit and found Neopro Cycling - they seem to be advertising heavily on Facebook..

Anyway, caved into the onslaught of ads and a bought a pair of bib shorts and a short sleeve jersey. Arrived today (only took 2 working days) - they seem good, will do a ride tomorrow and confirm.

Only issue is I got the white jersey which is pretty much see-through, will have to wear an undershirt - if they are good I'll get a darker colour next time.

Anyone else tried them?
This is the way the world works, if you want want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the d**ks first - Eric Cartman
Brett_S

Post by Brett_S »

Ride went well, pretty comfortable - will probably order more when they have some more stock
This is the way the world works, if you want want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the d**ks first - Eric Cartman
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

Hmm.. might have to look into those.
To be honest, I tend to just ignore most of the adverts for cycling kit. But seeing stuff like the double layer back panel tells me that maybe they know what they're doing :)

Thanks for the heads up :)
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

Brett_S wrote:Ride went well, pretty comfortable - will probably order more when they have some more stock
You've inspired me.. i've ordered a pair. :yes:
Brett_S

Post by Brett_S »

CLP wrote:You've inspired me.. i've ordered a pair. :yes:
Haha nice, I see they have some more stock now - need to do a long ride before getting another pair of bibs or two. Held up on the Alpe du Zwift tho so encouraging.

Have to see how long they last.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

They arrived! :D
I will have to go for a ride later to test them out. Initial impressions are very good. I wish i'd grabbed a Zinc jersey while they were available!
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

Had a ride on Tuesday to test the Neo Pro knicks out. I'm impressed with them.
Have just ordered another pair, a jersey and a pair of knicks for Miss V. expensive morning ;)
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Brett_S wrote:I've been looking around for some reasonably priced kit and found Neopro Cycling.
I read this & thought @norbs had started his own cycling apparel line... :aussie:
Dukester

Brett_S

Post by Brett_S »

Duke wrote:
Brett_S wrote:I've been looking around for some reasonably priced kit and found Neopro Cycling.
I read this & thought @norbs had started his own cycling apparel line... :aussie:
Norbopro? :D
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

It's the Non-Pro Cycling collection.. any colour you like, as long as it's orange :D
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

CLP wrote:It's the Non-Pro Cycling collection.. any colour you like, as long as it's orange :D
I can say with some certainty that you have a photo of the NPC strip somewhere Carl :)
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

norbs wrote:
CLP wrote:It's the Non-Pro Cycling collection.. any colour you like, as long as it's orange :D
I can say with some certainty that you have a photo of the NPC strip somewhere Carl :)
You mean like this shot of our fearless leader effortlessly floating through the Adelaide Hills? :D
IMG_0371_0800.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

I think that is actually a CuBeCyCl jersey. But very similar colours. :)

Floating you say? :rofl:
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

NeoPro jersey was delivered today. :)

Looks like decent quality, though absolutely a summer only jersey. I suspect i'd freeze to death if i wore it in winter. Also very much a race-cut, so i'd better lay off the doughnuts. :/
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

finally had a ride in the NeoPro Jersey. not bad. Was good for 2 climbs of Corkscrew Rd, so can't really complain :)

Also recently purchased a pair of Oakley M-Frames in their recent sale.
I've been hanging onto a busted pair of M-Frame Pros for ages in the hope that I can pick up a cheap(ish) frame to put the lens into. Finally did that, grabbing a pair with a decidedly un-fancy lens. Only hitch was that they appear to have changed the specs on the lens/frames so my old lens was a bit of a loose fit in the new frame. FFS. A bit of electrical tape managed to take up the slack and now I can revive my 90s Oakley experience :D
GOPR0418_0800.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

$50 ebay bargain... A 2013 Apollo Giro (Alu frame with Carbon fork / alu steerer)
It will become my dedicated zwift / indoor training bike using my spare 6700 Ultegra Group.
Full build photos #comingsoon.

Dukester

CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

Not bad Duke!

I guess this is the advantage of having cycled for a long time.. you tend to have enough parts laying about that you can build up a bike :D That's pretty much how i put together a TT bike :D
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Yes I can't believe how many "spares"one accumulates over time... I needed nothing new but did have to rely on the generosity of a 6amer for the braze-on front derailleur (as I only had band-strap units).
So she is all done now, sans brakes as you don't need them for indoor training. :p
And yes the seat is pushed that far forward to match the relative measurements of my outdoor stead as this is a larger frame.

Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

I did say once I would never but I have, entered the realm of owning a road bike with electronic shifting & disc brakes... (oh it's an aero speed machine too). :D

Dukester

CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

So you're saying, never say never? :P
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

CLP wrote:So you're saying, never say never? :P
Yep & after todays ride I am a convert of disc-brakes even for road bikes. They are far superior to any rim brake I have ever used & so damn confidence inspiring.
As for the electronic shifting, it is very nice but I honestly can see that much of a difference in a well tuned mechanical setup. I guess over time it will be better as there is no cable stretch / replacement to deal with.
Oh the other thing is how stiff these new bike frames are but also how compliant they are especially when running a 28mm tyre on them. This thing can even take a 30mm, not that I ever think I will use more than 28's. But then "never say never" right??? :lol:
Dukester

CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

Duke wrote:
CLP wrote:So you're saying, never say never? :P
As for the electronic shifting, it is very nice but I honestly can see that much of a difference in a well tuned mechanical setup. I guess over time it will be better as there is no cable stretch / replacement to deal with.
That's pretty much it. Over time, the advantages of electronic shifting become more apparent, as there's practically nothing to adjust :P (and even if there is, a couple of button presses and you're done). My feeling is that the shifts are typically a bit faster than mechanical, but more importantly, they super consistent. I don't think on the road bikes i'd choose to go back to mechanical. :)
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

How good is this!!! :yes:
Starting from today, a new firmware update is available for free to all our Assioma users - no matter when you bought your power meter!
With this update, Assioma will automatically calibrate and you'll be free to just focus on your training.
Manual zero-offset is required only at first use or when moving Assioma between bikes.
Dukester