Bikey Booty!!!! What you got fool?

CyclARSEts talk in here.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Re: Bikey Booty!!!! What you got fool?

Post by KNAPPO »

Let there be copious amounts of light.

Just picked up a Exposure Toro Mk7 1800 lumen (2000 lumen in reflex mode) & x2 cheap arse 2000 lumen Cree lights off a mate who no longer rides.
The Mk7 and one of the ebay lights have been used twice and the other is still in its box.

$200 all up, score!
Last edited by KNAPPO on Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

:eyepop: :faint: $200 for the Toro Mk7??????
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

norbs wrote:$200 for the Toro Mk7??????
Good thing a mate sold it to me. He said he found the capacitive switch tricky to use but I think its faulty.
Ive recorded 3 videos where its taken me upto 5 minutes and countless presses just to turn it on then off.

Good thing its in the 2yr warranty window and he has offered to do a return for me to see if we can get a refurbish or replacement. If thats dosnt work hell give me the $200 back.
So a bit of fucking around to come but I could be in line for a new light for the same price. Exposure cover all postage so its worth a shot.
norbs

Post by norbs »

KNAPPO wrote:
norbs wrote:$200 for the Toro Mk7??????
Good thing a mate sold it to me. He said he found the capacitive switch tricky to use but I think its faulty.
Ive recorded 3 videos where its taken me upto 5 minutes and countless presses just to turn it on then off.

Good thing its in the 2yr warranty window and he has offered to do a return for me to see if we can get a refurbish or replacement. If thats dosnt work hell give me the $200 back.
So a bit of fucking around to come but I could be in line for a new light for the same price. Exposure cover all postage so its worth a shot.

it is the only issue I have with the Diablo. The fucking switch is a pain in the plums. Once it is going though, terrific.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

norbs wrote:it is the only issue I have with the Diablo. The fucking switch is a pain in the plums.
It seems to only work with the side of my finger and I have much more success connected to mains power. I can only get a battery check opress to work under battery power and have never got it to turn on. If im on mains I can eventually get it on then its a pain to get off. Cycling modes or turning it to L M H modes is impossible. Ive recorded a series of videos for a warranty claim so fingers crossed.

The last video was 5 and a half minutes just to get it to turn on and off once...

Great light, fucked up piece of shit switch.
norbs

Post by norbs »

Well well...

KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Score!
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Amazing!! nice
Pinger$

Post by Pinger$ »

Nice! Was just looking at these today. AU $500 is a bit rich for me... score!
Luigi only likes Ferraris.
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Boom!
norbs

Post by norbs »

Also on its way...

Excited.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

norbs wrote:Also on its way...

Excited.
nice work! the Avanti will be like a new beast! :D
norbs

Post by norbs »

CLP wrote:

Excited.
Well the gear that is on it now has done nearly 50,000kms. So cant really complain.

Bike bike has changed a lot since the Avanti Giro 4 I bought new. The brifters and rear meach I think are the last bits from the Giro 4. (oh, and the handlebars)
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

norbs wrote:
CLP wrote:

Excited.
Well the gear that is on it now has done nearly 50,000kms. So cant really complain.

Bike bike has changed a lot since the Avanti Giro 4 I bought new. The brifters and rear meach I think are the last bits from the Giro 4. (oh, and the handlebars)
Surely you can squeeze a few more km out of it! ;)
Is this also a switch to 11speed? or did you source an older 10speed version?

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay and from where? I'd love to get Miss V converted over to Di2, but I think the price scares her.
norbs

Post by norbs »

CLP wrote:Surely you can squeeze a few more km out of it! ;)
Is this also a switch to 11speed? or did you source an older 10speed version?

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay and from where? I'd love to get Miss V converted over to Di2, but I think the price scares her.

11 speed. And luckily the new wheels have a shim to allow 11 speed. Possibly will need a new training wheel though. Arse ;)

http://www.ribblecycles.com/au/shimano- ... #pid=34187

That is purely a gear set though. No brakes, BB, cranks etc that comes with the normal kit, but at just over $1k, not a bad price. Now we wait for the GST lottery coming into the country.

Also, that is an external set. I have an aero frame so the normal battery wont fit. I have been told you can get newer kits so the battery is internal, but again, not available from what I could tell. The internal normal kit is here, but out of stock.

http://www.ribblecycles.com/au/shimano- ... #pid=34186

This was the first time I have seen the gearset only available from any of the online shops. I have heard they it is available, but never seen it with my own 2 eyes. Asked Wiggle, but they say they dont stock them.

Quote from LBS for just the gearset, $1799. :rolleyes:
hutchy

Post by hutchy »

Very nice Norbs!
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

when 10speed Di2 was the norm, upgrade kits were pretty common, but you're right, I can't recall seeing them advertised for 11speed!

I think I did pretty well when I upgraded my Giant to Di2, having picked up someone's crashed bike that included running gear plus brake calipers, chain, cassette.. all for $750 :)

Does your frame have the mount points for the battery? that was probably the biggest frustration I had when I did that upgrade. if not, hunt down a long mount battery holder. The other thing you might need to consider is whether you need the small support plate for your front derailleur. Not sure if they're included with the new derailleur. You might not need it though, depending on your front derailleur mount.
norbs

Post by norbs »

Yes for the mount point. On the chain stay. I am still worried about it, but so many people have said it is fine, so I will bow to their greater knowledge.

Front mech is still an unknown. But, the mechanic that built my bike is going to come here and help me out. He said I will have no issue, but there i always something, and i am old and cranky. I just want it to work :)

Will keep you posted once it arrives.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

norbs wrote:Yes for the mount point. On the chain stay. I am still worried about it, but so many people have said it is fine, so I will bow to their greater knowledge.

Front mech is still an unknown. But, the mechanic that built my bike is going to come here and help me out. He said I will have no issue, but there i always something, and i am old and cranky. I just want it to work :)

Will keep you posted once it arrives.
for reference, this is the part you might need:
https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/gear-spares ... 1/?geoc=AU

hopefully your front mech mount is built to accommodate Di2, then you won't need it :)
norbs

Post by norbs »

Pinger$ wrote:Nice! Was just looking at these today. AU $500 is a bit rich for me... score!

It has arrived and is ready to go out the door again. :)

$400PP to anyone interested.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Went to buy new tyres the other week. Price on the local bike shop website wasn't much more than online stores so I went down there. Turns out those are store "club" prices and I would have had to to pay $5 to join. Club price was $54 and non club was $80. To top it off they didn't have any store stock of the clothes I was after even though the site says in stock. Fucking pissed me off so much.

Is it just me or is this misleading? Tempted to file an ACCC complaint.
http://www.99bikes.com.au/parts-components

Got home and checked wiggle (hadn't checked beforehand for some reason) and they were $40AUD with free shipping. Significantly cheaper and I didn't have to play stupid games to get normal prices. Fuck brick & mortar.

Haven't got on the road yet, but they've made a big difference on the Kickr. Feels much nicer with zero slip. Noise is slightly reduced. I'll have to try getting up to the radio tower again to see how I go when I'm not losing so much energy with slip :)
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

That sounds bizarre. Not really sure what they hope to achieve in making customers jump through hoops just to purchase something. I'm sure there's logic in there somewhere.. right? :/
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Probably a noob question but my friends bike has 27 inch wheels maybe 27.5 i don't remember and i have 26 inch. How much difference would this make? I work my ass off and I just can't stay with him

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Hello :aussie:
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

Shaun wrote:Probably a noob question but my friends bike has 27 inch wheels maybe 27.5 i don't remember and i have 26 inch. How much difference would this make? I work my ass off and I just can't stay with him
The definitive answer is.. it depends :P

on a straight, flat road, a bigger wheel will be marginally easier to maintain speed, while a smaller wheel will accelerate to speed quicker.
around corners, especially tight hairpins, I'd say the smaller wheel will be a better option.

This assumes everything else is equal, which is unlikely. :)
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Interesting. That linear park trail near the obahn is all pretty straight forward so itd make sense. Always put bigger wheels on my cars maybe the bikes turn haha

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Hello :aussie: