Battlefield 3

General game chat
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Re: Battlefield 3

Post by DexterPunk »

slasher8u wrote:Kinda sucks you can`t use a mic in the game.
what!??? is this true?? Mic is essential to a BF game.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

got it installed under sandboxie :)

the game is great. legend.

but the extra shit you have to put up with origin & battlelog is just horrible. It's rubbish on so many levels...meh.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Origin and Battlelog are great.

Origin downloads at full speeds unlike Steam.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

r8response wrote:Origin downloads at full speeds unlike Steam.
Agreed. But that's the only good thing about it :) And it has a good reason: their user base is far smaller and the amount of games on it are far less, too.
We'll see how it copes when they are on the same level... if it'll ever come to that.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

I'm with r8, I have zero issues with Origin and Battlelog. It's soooooo much quicker than any other battlefield game to jump on servers etc. Can't fault it. I've never used a mic in these sort of games either so I'm not really missing it anyway.

Can't people just use external programs for chat like we used to with LFS?
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

I think you'll find that most people do (we use TS3) - but on a public server you can't have everyone jumping on some TS or vent server somewhere :)
Interesting you say that it's quick for you, I find it annoyingly slow to join servers. I've attributed it to the need to re-launch the game every time I swap server.
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

At first I was against Origin and Battlelog, but after using it for the last two weeks I'm converted. I find it slow to join the servers as well, but actually bringing up server lists is so much quicker than old school in game server browsers especially if you are like me and change the filters frequently.
JTM29

Post by JTM29 »

Yeh I don't mind origin and Battlelog, can't see what all the fuss was about.
And I am pretty sure you can use your mic in groups you create in battelog? I never really use mine in public games anyway, just when I'm playing with mates.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Rots wrote:At first I was against Origin and Battlelog, but after using it for the last two weeks I'm converted. I find it slow to join the servers as well, but actually bringing up server lists is so much quicker than old school in game server browsers especially if you are like me and change the filters frequently.
by the way have you checked if you get the same servers twice? I'm refreshing the server list every few seconds, and while all filters and ordering stays the same I'm getting a completely different server list every time :eyepop:
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary and when I have refreshed after a few seconds I got the same list. That was before the latest update though, so not sure since updating yesterday. Does Origin updates affect the Battlelog?
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Origin, Battlelog and BF3 are completely separate.
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

I've had enough, I am getting killed the instant I spawn. Not a lot of fun at all. :(
slasher8u

Post by slasher8u »

Some people must either have no life or I`m just completely useless. Getting shot my the same twat 4 times in a row, or firing off a whole clip at someone, he turns around one shot and I`m dead. Fucking Bollacks.

Planes really shit me too, do you have to unlock flares? Get blown out of the sky because apparently flares have gone on a fucking holiday.

How would I go about using a mic, so just me and my brother can talk? I downloaded TS3, but it was a public server I think? Anything else I could use?
I don`t usually talk in-game, but I thought it would be easier talking to him during the game.
richo

Post by richo »

Most FPS games are spoiled by spawn killing fuckwits . You would there would be a way to solve that issue after so many years of game production.
[]D [] []v[] []D
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

richo wrote:Most FPS games are spoiled by spawn killing fuckwits . You would there would be a way to solve that issue after so many years of game production.
There's a number of things, spawn protection, putting spawn farther off in a covered area. I'd say most maps take good care of it here. The rest will prolly be fixed up to take care of it.
Oh; and you can usually spawn in a number of different locations, in vehicles, or on other people.

How shit is EA's stuff is tho? It's not half funny. Have you guys seen their support "forums"? Strong quote, as I'm not sure if it's the intention to resemble a forum at all. It's a bare, featureless message board. Can't do anything but post and forget, pretty much. :rolleyes:

The game is very good, (apart from the CTD's I'm getting - hopefully it'll be ironed out sooner than later) but the rest, where EA code monkeys had anything to do with it is total FooBar.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Fubar*
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

ah, thanks :D
JTM29

Post by JTM29 »

Loving helicopters, even if I don't kill anything, I just love flying around. Had a round of conquest then where I captured more than 8 bases, 4 just from the start where I flew my squad to them and hovered to cap them then onto the next. Finished the round with only 3 kills but 3500 points. Also avoided death a lot, flying low around obstacles and stuff. So much fun :)
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

Finally got my hands on this and been playing it a few hours. Loving it a lot. Never played any BF games before and I really suck. Flying shit is impossible :)

Whats with the server browser though? I can't find any of the usual servers like Gamearena or games.on.net. Lots of low pings, but not the usual suspects
JTM29

Post by JTM29 »

Search gamearena specifically, there is heaps of them.
Leweegibo

Post by Leweegibo »

thought i'd chuck up my BF3 vid of me and a mate sitting on one of the cranes watching the carnage unfold!
[youtube] [/youtube]
Virtual-R
Ninja Roy

Post by Virtual-R »

Possibly the most impressive video I've ever seen of BF3 or any war game in general, not usually a big fan of war games but when a friend showed me this I'm thinking about buying a copy, looks like fun :D

[youtube] [/youtube]
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

fark me...that's one weird situation :/
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

:rofl: that was cool! I did the jump out/jump back in the other night by mistake, I forgot what my key mapping was on the JS... I didn't shot another jet with a rocket though!
Leweegibo

Post by Leweegibo »

Yeah thats just mad!
Made another vid, mucking around with some fellow iRacers late sat night, after many beers!
[youtube] [/youtube]