Battlefield 3

General game chat
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Re: Battlefield 3

Post by Rots »

I agree completely, evolution is certainly required. I was hoping for BF2 with BC2 elements, not BC2 with barely any BF2 elements. The mix for me is the opposite to what I was expecting, but a good game for it's own merits.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

What's your username Rots, I'll have to add you and we can get some team work going. I'm Righty_82_2

Anyone else got names to share?
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

I'm "Quidge" on origin, but still waiting for the game to come from the UK. I've never played any of the BF's so I am sure to be shit :D
JTM29

Post by JTM29 »

I'm "Big_Mc29" in origin/battle log. Wont be playing until I get my graphics card, which should be sometime next week.
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

Rots5 is me
slasher8u

Post by slasher8u »

I`m "slasher8u" on origin. Feel free to add me, I`m on there most nights getting my arse handed to me.
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

I was on last night with Righty, unfortunately I was blind drunk and useless lol.
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

This has to be the worst Battlefield ever.

So tonight I tried to play online, but everything was moving in slow motion - walking, running, firing, reloading etc. I thought it was lag and rebooted my router, didn't fix shit. So I just tried single player and the same shit happened. Obviously then it's not lag. FFS. Going to reboot, but I'm am only a few minutes away from an uninstall.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Best Battlefield ever in my opinion.

Apart from one crash which was my fault, its been smooth sailing.
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

Reboot fixed it. Do you get flashes of green screen bug also?
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

I did during the beta. Think i've seen it once or twice.
JTM29

Post by JTM29 »

Still not being able to play, no graphics card yet.

Unfortunately it seems like a lot of people are having problems with the game and the EA customer support appears to be useless judging from the stream of "look at this shit EA support" posts on reddit. I loved the beta and I'm sure I will love the full game when I am finally able to play it. Just disappointing so many people are having problems with it.

Hope to get a graphics card back sometime this week, its killing me not being able to play :(
slasher8u

Post by slasher8u »

JTM29, I accepted your friend request. Kinda sucks you can`t use a mic in the game.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

[youtube] [/youtube]
JTM29

Post by JTM29 »

Well now that I have put in 18 hours or so over the weekend I can say that I love it :D I haven't touched the single player yet, just the first couple missions which were nice but, I bought this for multi-player and boy is it awesome!

Graphics are amazing, guns are amazing, jets are amazing, sounds are amazing... I just unlocked the mortar in the support class, its great fun in Rush mode, just sitting there smashing the enemies while they try to push towards the M-com.
Jets are good fun as well once I unlocked the missiles and that, had some good dog fights. Gets a bit frustrating sometimes when I join a game into a losing team, or spawn and die within 2 seconds, or just having a bad couple games. But its still enjoying and awesome fun when you are going well :)

The only problem I have had with the game was a terrible stuttering, a quick google and I found its a problem with the Hyper-Threading on my CPU and BF3. So once I turned that off it now runs perfect on auto which is high/ultra. I was going to buy MW3 and play it as well but I know I wont have time because BF3 is so good. Also heard that MW3 dedicated servers aren't ranked, and from some of the screenshots I have seen it looks terrible..

This screenshot is from Dan Hindes, editor at PC PowerPlay:
MW3: http://a.yfrog.com/img619/2192/rxtihf.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BF3 Comparison: http://a.yfrog.com/img740/6762/w6lqc.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He thinks there might be something wrong with MW3 at the moment though, not displaying the correct resolution.
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

I've spent a fair bit of time on it now as well after nearly a weeks break. I can now use secondary gun and smoke screen with some tanks which is good. I haven't got Support classes mortar yet as I've been sticking with Engineer class. I haven't even played Assault yet which in BF2 and BC2 was my most used kit. It's a bit odd that Assault is the medic class now.

The engineers EOD BOT is awesome fun. I've been using it to sneak up to the objectives in Rush and set the charges. Managed to get 3 kills with it so far as well. I recently unlocked the Javelin which is good for locking onto moving vehicles in the larger maps, but the RPG/SMAW is better in urban maps where the combat is closer as lock-on time can be slow.

What annoys me is the Engineers Stinger as its completely useless unless the pilot is low ranked (getting rarer by the day). Anyone with flares etc can easily get rid of the lock-on at any distance and the flares reload faster than the Stinger can lock back on. Makes it hard to stop being raped when against a good pilot and there is no anti-air vehicles on some maps either.
JTM29

Post by JTM29 »

Rots wrote:What annoys me is the Engineers Stinger as its completely useless unless the pilot is low ranked (getting rarer by the day). Anyone with flares etc can easily get rid of the lock-on at any distance and the flares reload faster than the Stinger can lock back on. Makes it hard to stop being raped when against a good pilot and there is no anti-air vehicles on some maps either.
YES, I was getting very angry last night trying to take out a jet with it... Its bloody useless... Its decent against choppers though.

And Rots your signature keeps getting bigger and bigger :p

Edit: Oh and another thing.... I'm colour blind, I am having a hard time distinguishing between enemies and squad mates on the map and on the name plates above their head. Just ran into someone just then because I though he was a team mate until he turned around and shot me.
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

JTM29 wrote:
Rots wrote:What annoys me is the Engineers Stinger as its completely useless unless the pilot is low ranked (getting rarer by the day). Anyone with flares etc can easily get rid of the lock-on at any distance and the flares reload faster than the Stinger can lock back on. Makes it hard to stop being raped when against a good pilot and there is no anti-air vehicles on some maps either.
YES, I was getting very angry last night trying to take out a jet with it... Its bloody useless... Its decent against choppers though.

And Rots your signature keeps getting bigger and bigger :p

Edit: Oh and another thing.... I'm colour blind, I am having a hard time distinguishing between enemies and squad mates on the map and on the name plates above their head. Just ran into someone just then because I though he was a team mate until he turned around and shot me.
Yeah, I forgot to mention it is good against choppers. Bugger, that would get frustrating as it's hard enough to work out whose who even when not colour blind.

Nah it's not getting bigger, you are just closer to your screen :p
richo

Post by richo »

JTM29 wrote:Well now that I have put in 18 hours or so over the weekend I can say that I love it :D I haven't touched the single player yet, just the first couple missions which were nice but, I bought this for multi-player and boy is it awesome!

Graphics are amazing, guns are amazing, jets are amazing, sounds are amazing... I just unlocked the mortar in the support class, its great fun in Rush mode, just sitting there smashing the enemies while they try to push towards the M-com.
Jets are good fun as well once I unlocked the missiles and that, had some good dog fights. Gets a bit frustrating sometimes when I join a game into a losing team, or spawn and die within 2 seconds, or just having a bad couple games. But its still enjoying and awesome fun when you are going well :)

The only problem I have had with the game was a terrible stuttering, a quick google and I found its a problem with the Hyper-Threading on my CPU and BF3. So once I turned that off it now runs perfect on auto which is high/ultra. I was going to buy MW3 and play it as well but I know I wont have time because BF3 is so good. Also heard that MW3 dedicated servers aren't ranked, and from some of the screenshots I have seen it looks terrible..

This screenshot is from Dan Hindes, editor at PC PowerPlay:
MW3: http://a.yfrog.com/img619/2192/rxtihf.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BF3 Comparison: http://a.yfrog.com/img740/6762/w6lqc.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He thinks there might be something wrong with MW3 at the moment though, not displaying the correct resolution.
I have ordered MW3 but not BF3 as i can't tell the good from the goodies from the baddies , but those screen shots look odd like ones on a fully specced PC and the other a PS2. I may have made the wrong choice or fuck it and buy the both like normal.. :D
[]D [] []v[] []D
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

The Javelin is a POS compared to the normal RPG's when it comes to taking on tanks. It takes upwards of three to kill a tank, and you only get 2 rounds.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

r8response wrote:The Javelin is a POS compared to the normal RPG's when it comes to taking on tanks. It takes upwards of three to kill a tank, and you only get 2 rounds.
wow. a jav should take care of a tank in one hit easy - providing you fire it from far enough. I think it does not work well from close range. I maybe wrong here tho.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
JTM29

Post by JTM29 »

richo wrote: I have ordered MW3 but not BF3 as i can't tell the good from the goodies from the baddies , but those screen shots look odd like ones on a fully specced PC and the other a PS2. I may have made the wrong choice or fuck it and buy the both like normal.. :D
It has to be something wrong with the game on his pc, black ops didn't look that bad...

And generally I am ok with spotting enemies, but sometimes like when someone jumps out in front of me I hesitate because I'm not sure if its a squad member or not. And all the time that hesitation means I will before I can pump enough bullets into them.

I just had a game of TDM on this server cycling through all game types. Was fairly good fun, exactly like CoD. Was smashing them all with the Scar-h, but my team mates weren't that good :(
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

I haven't played TDM yet, will have to give it a go.
JTM29

Post by JTM29 »

Having a shocker tonight, don't think I have won a round...
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

my origin id is below :)
iRacing Name - Joshua Brown2