Your Next Bike

CyclARSEts talk in here.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Re: Your Next Bike

Post by Hz-Lab »

They are definitely a hot looking bike, and one of the few bikes that you can immediately recognise too. Lapierres have a definite uniqueness
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Hz-Lab wrote:Did u get the right frame size for you this time? Wasn't ur trance a smidgen small?
Yeah got the Large, might take a bit of adjusting not been able to throw it around like the trance but should be a lot more comfy on the longer trail rides

As for forks, I'll stick with the floats, the CTD damper adjust adds a bit of tuning factor without as many maintenance worries.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

Enforcer-J wrote:
Flinty72 wrote: You blokes & your disposable income...
Hardly, there's no such thing as N+1 for me!
sounds like you're doing it wrong then ;)
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Enforcer-J wrote:
Hz-Lab wrote: Yeah got the Large, might take a bit of adjusting not been able to throw it around like the trance but should be a lot more comfy on the longer trail rides
You'll probably be able to throw it around better as it will suit ur stance bEtter. the whole short frame, more flickability thing is not really that applicable on trail bikes as it is in say jump bikes. If anything, the gain you will get in stability will far outweigh in loss in manoeuvrability
9ra55h0ppaH
Master artist
Master artist

Post by 9ra55h0ppaH »

Well, my Santa Cruz Highball still isnt here yet, and got a call from the bike store today saying that the Distributor hasnt replied to email or answered his phone in over a week, after a few other delays my patience is wearing thin...

Might start looking at Kona's and Felt's again... I want to deal with the store, but I want an actual bloody bike! :p
Now with Added Flickr
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Distributors for some of the lesser imported bikes in to oz are quite often one man operations. They are normally riders themselves, and have a tendency to just fuck off for weeks at a time just to go riding. I know one who seems to always be travelling around. It seems their business aspirations extend no more than just covering their ride trips.

I want that life lol