iPhone email issue

Need a hand with a home project, how to fix that bloody roof leak, hang a door etc...
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

iPhone email issue

Post by DexterPunk »

My phone is really irritating me at the moment. It keeps brining up old emails as unread... Up to 100 of them every time it refreshes. I go through and delete all the damn things and next time the phone refreshes emails again, they are all coming back. Usually emails as much as a year old.

I'm thinking the iPhone isn't actually deleting them, only from the phone. This has never happened before. Anyone know how to fix this?
wabbit

Re: iPhone email issue

Post by wabbit »

If your using Gmail or some email service that understands IMAP, start using it. First thought is your email is setup using POP3. Should you be able to switch to IMAP, delete and setup your email account on the phone using Exchange rather than the standard Gmail option.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

im using mainly optusnet.com.au emails (x2).. a mitchellimaging.com.au addy (sends through mail.optusnet.com.au).. and one hotmail account.

I have no idea if any of those use IMAP or not. It's usually a pain to set this stuff up.. I'd like to avoid deleting the accounts from the phone if possible. I'll have a bit more of a look into that, thanks wabbit. :yes:
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

On the deleting part, that is a problem with POP3 accounts as in a simple term, the emails are copies (in a way). Best of luck :)
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Seem to have it under control for now, just went into the webmail for a couple of addies, and deleted masses of emails. One email addy is spammed about 20 times a day, very annoying.