Fangin around games - what do you use to let off some steam?

General game chat
-Ox-

Fangin around games - what do you use to let off some steam?

Post by -Ox- »

We all have them. The games which we divert to when we are frustrated or sick of our day-to-day ones. I have recently found myself only playing fanging around games, as they provide temporary fun - and do not require too much effort on the part of the player.

I have mainly been playing Links 2003, and GTA - both #3 and Vice City.

It sounds like you guys play some FPS to let the hair down - does the fun game ever become the dominant species? My steering wheel hasnt come out for a few weeks now. Maybe the end is nigh. :(
"Maybe I just wanna fly
I wanna live I don’t wana die
Maybe I just want to breathe
Maybe I just don’t believe
Maybe you’re the same as me
We see things they’ll never see
You and I are gonna live forever..."
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

XBox.

Dont worry Ox. The wheel will get another run. I find it goes in cycles. Every now and then I take the wheel off the desk and it doesnt get a look in for months.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
YubYub

Post by YubYub »

Bah! - Finish up just when S2 is released?!?! I think not! :P
You'll be rivived I'm sure :)
What do I do to 'let my hair down'?
Well, I've just started playing a fantastic WWII flight simulator, Pacific Fighters! I suck - but I'm getting there, and coz it's just a fling sorta thing, I'm not too worried. The worst part is finding someone that I 'might' be able to shoot down...When I find them however, I never manage to kill 'em b4 they kill me or I crash :P Very challenging game - but i'm getting better, and I've had a few exciting moments as I've been going along trying to see how long I can survive while being constantly shot at ;)

Before that, I was into Americas Army a bit, but then my account got deleted or something.... So I havent played that for a while...

I'm also having a tiny dab into a couple of other race sims, namely GTR and GPL. GTR seems ok, haven't even set GPL up properly - but still love my LFS :D
Takumi

Post by Takumi »

san andreas is cool. its fun to drive up to the top of this massive mountain then just fang straight down the side of it across houses and over ledges etc :nod:
It's been nice, chaps.
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

I think I'll go buy GTA-SA... seein as I used to like GTA a lot and I've heard all this great stuff about it...
Takumi

Post by Takumi »

Scottie wrote:I think I'll go buy GTA-SA... seein as I used to like GTA a lot and I've heard all this great stuff about it...
yeah, it's massive. totally daunting at first for me anyway. it's totally down in the hood though, bro. rockstar improve the game each time, it's evolving :)
It's been nice, chaps.
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

San Andreas (bloody brillant game!!) and MOHAA are giving me a break from LFS :D

I also play a little Sim City 4 or Final Fantasy if I have time.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

Project Gotham 2 is ideal for me when i want a fang. Or Call Of Duty, just got United Offensive so i'll start that soon too.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

ahhh lets see that i play to let my hair down.

PS2: GTA:SA, excellent game that i finished a long time ago, but still find reasons to pick it up and go exploring.

Xbox: I play a mix of Top Spin Tennis, really a great tennis game. i just love beating our little Lleyton. I also take Mechassult and Spiderman 2

PC: atm im really enjoying a managerial game by the name of Football Manager 2005. i've also got the new RTS Lord Of The Rings: The Battle For Middle Earth, its a great game, love using gandalfs powers to take out 50 to 60 guys at a time. and although only 56k i have been playing a bit of Counter Strike: Source.
yumchaKING
Master artist
Master artist

Post by yumchaKING »

gradiusV
Outrun2
Kof3d
Dororo
Metal slug
Rival Schools2

edit: actually scratch all the above ....just bough hl2 :vibes:
(+ [____] :: ) is roxXOR!!
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

:doh:

GTA:San Andreas isn't out til half way through next year :(
Takumi

Post by Takumi »

Scottie wrote::doh:

GTA:San Andreas isn't out til half way through next year :(
on PC :lol: i was originally gonna wait for that too, but i want gran turismo 4 when it comes out - so i just got a ps2
It's been nice, chaps.
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

hmm, do i dare get a ps2?

I already have a wheel... (dfp :D hehehe)
I have a motivation for a game to play... make that 2...
hmm...........

That'll give me...
Xbox
PS2
PC

I guess I can't go wrong then...
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

when the time comes for a break in Nascar and I cant be bothered testing the V8 Supercar mod I:

i let my hair down with the occasional lash of LFS :D

started on Call of Duty United Offensive after re playing the original. its going ok but i thought the first one was full on :) this is more so

but for the ultimate relax I play the new Sid Meier Pirates. rape and pillage. tis the life I say. Well actually I am going well with the cannon and sword part but I cant for the life of me win over the ladies. Seem s I cant dance in a virtual world either :(
--------------
Stu
yumchaKING
Master artist
Master artist

Post by yumchaKING »

Scottie,

get that new 'slimmy' version, put it next to your xbox and you WILL understand what defines america :)

Also you get to play mgs3, gradiusV, and of course Rumble Roses http://www.konami.com/gs/rumbleroses/ the mud wrestling is excellent :D

:yes:

ps3 still comming 2006?
(+ [____] :: ) is roxXOR!!
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

Yeah MGS3 is coming in February around the same time as s2 :(. I like MGS just as much as LFS so its gonna be tough :P.
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

TIMMY30 wrote:Yeah MGS3 is coming in February around the same time as s2 :(. I like MGS just as much as LFS so its gonna be tough :P.
I've got the same issue as well, going to need longer days to fit MGS3 and LFS S2 in :)
Takumi

Post by Takumi »

yumchaKING wrote:Scottie,

get that new 'slimmy' version, put it next to your xbox and you WILL understand what defines america :)
LOL thats so true. the new pstwos are incredibly small, a heck of alot quieter than the old design - the only downside is the old multitaps dont work with it and there is no harddrive expansion bay. the amount of games which used the HDD could be counted on 1 hand though.
It's been nice, chaps.
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

hehe, thanks mee :)
Barge

Post by Barge »

FS2004 for offline, and Pacific Fighters online. Love Flight Sims. FS2004 is good but you need to spend some $$$ for a few add ons that make it amazing.
And Vietcong, which is the ultimate stress reliever. It's so intense and immersive. SP is ok, but online it's insane. Gimme a hunting rifle and a jungle and you all dead.
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

Scored The Sims 2 for Xmas... nothing beats living out my Lesbian fantasies :D :banana_love:
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Rots wrote:Scored The Sims 2 for Xmas... nothing beats living out my Lesbian fantasies :D :banana_love:
I hired it not long after it came out and created a chick character. As soon as the neighbours came round she went straight for another chick. Wasn't interested in the guys at all. The other chick ended up moving in with her despite having a husband and kid!

Fantastic stuff. :D
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

lol, i'm out to buy the sims 2 now! :dog:
Durrie

Post by Durrie »

:D I think I'll have to steer clear of the Sims.

I've got an IL2FB+AEP+PF install, my trusty Falcon4 and FS2002 for some flight sim distraction.

Otherwise its CoD, FarCry and OFP for shooters.
9ra55h0ppaH
Master artist
Master artist

Post by 9ra55h0ppaH »

i picked up Burnout 3 on PS2 for 50 bucks a few days ago, its the first burnout game ive played... but its bloody awesome! :D playing the road rage mode with my sister is great fun, she sucks in every other game, but because its so easy she is very compeditive :)

anyone after a mindless driving game, buy it ASAP :D
Now with Added Flickr