2012 Tour Down Under Challenge Tour

CyclARSEts talk in here.
CLP
C grade super domestique

2012 Tour Down Under Challenge Tour

Post by CLP »

For those that are interested, details of next years challenge tour are available here.

Looks interesting, Norwood to Tanunda - 138km with two KOM points including Menglers Hill .. should be fun! :D

Cheers,
CLP
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Re: 2012 Tour Down Under Challenge Tour

Post by norbs »

CLP wrote:For those that are interested, details of next years challenge tour are available here.

Looks interesting, Norwood to Tanunda - 138km with two KOM points including Menglers Hill .. should be fun! :D

Cheers,
CLP

Would love to do it, but a leave pass only a few months after the Bay ride might be pushing it.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

Can't hurt to try Norbs.. fill in the paperwork with SWMBO and see how you go ;)

Miss V has been determined to do the full distance for a while. In the past she's taken the optional short cut for one reason or another.. so this one was going to be the year for her to achieve that goal.. i think she's less than impressed with the double KOM :nod:
norbs

Post by norbs »

Hey el Carlos, I am thinking of heading down to watch the tour. Maybe even try that ride.

Got any recommendations for cheap arsed accomodation for the week?
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

norbs wrote:Hey el Carlos, I am thinking of heading down to watch the tour. Maybe even try that ride.

El Norbio,
there may be a vacancy at Chateau CLP if you are interested.

Miss V also suggested that if you get here on the Sunday, you could go in Ride Like Crazy too :)

Cheers,
CLP
norbs

Post by norbs »

CLP wrote:
norbs wrote:Hey el Carlos, I am thinking of heading down to watch the tour. Maybe even try that ride.

El Norbio,

Miss V also suggested that if you get here on the Sunday, you could go in Ride Like Crazy too :)

Cheers,
CLP

Oooh, chateau! I expect silk sheets and a fluffy dressing gown! Oh, and Mint patties on the pillow every night. :)

I am still trying to figure it out. Not sure whether to fly or drive. Driving will be cheaper, but take the best part of 4 days there and back.

Are you working that week?

I have loads of questions, just need to commit first.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

norbs wrote:
CLP wrote:

El Norbio,

Cheers,
CLP

Oooh, chateau! I expect silk sheets and a fluffy dressing gown! Oh, and Mint patties on the pillow every night. :)
I'll even get Hz around to personally warm the bed for you ;)
norbs wrote: I am still trying to figure it out. Not sure whether to fly or drive. Driving will be cheaper, but take the best part of 4 days there and back.

Are you working that week?

I have loads of questions, just need to commit first.
There's half a thought of taking the week off and follow the race around, though that's a bit undecided. If you did stay, that would probably seal the deal for us :)

2 Years ago we managed to get 3 bikes plus riders to the Challenge Tour, bit of a tight squeeze, but it happened :) Probably more convenient for you if you had your own transport for that length of time, but i'm sure we could cope if you did choose to fly over.

It's a massive week of cycling.... and lots of photo ops around the place :)
norbs

Post by norbs »

Yeah, driving myself would be a huge help, that way I can bring all the photography gear as well as the bike. Plus a weeks worth of clothes and other shit. But it is a long hike there and back. Will have a think about it.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Yeah yeah, I'll keep the Final day free if the final day is still Willunga hill, Awesome atmosphere out there when the tour is on, We can have some brews and watch some bikes and finish off with a bbq at my way that night if you guys are keen. Willunga is like 15 mins from me.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

Final day is the street circuit, but the saturday is willunga hill .. hilltop finish for the first time :yes:

How functional i am the day after the challenge tour might be unknown variable! :) .. but it goes without saying.. mmmm bbq :)
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

this is bordering on awesome :nod:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/merckx- ... unity-ride" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He's only doing the short version, but all the same, it'll be awesome to have a legend show this much support for the event!
norbs

Post by norbs »

CLP wrote:this is bordering on awesome :nod:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/merckx- ... unity-ride" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He's only doing the short version, but all the same, it'll be awesome to have a legend show this much support for the event!
It has crossed the border and is squarely in Awesomeville! :yes: :yes:
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

'Merckx choosing to take on the 33km option'

pussy
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

w00dsy wrote:'Merckx choosing to take on the 33km option'

pussy
:rofl: still includes Menglers Hill though.. probably wanting to avoid the chaos like the Twitter rides that Lance Armstrong did.. at least this way he can rocket up the hill to safety! :D
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

Less than 2 months to go Mr Norbs! :) Any thoughts on whether you've be able to swing a leave pass? ;)

Miss V and I already have our leave booked in.. good thing too i reckon. Sunday - Ride like crazy, Tuesday - Cyclocross, Friday - Challenge Tour .. might need the time to recover! :fall:
norbs

Post by norbs »

CLP wrote:Less than 2 months to go Mr Norbs! :) Any thoughts on whether you've be able to swing a leave pass? ;)

Miss V and I already have our leave booked in.. good thing too i reckon. Sunday - Ride like crazy, Tuesday - Cyclocross, Friday - Challenge Tour .. might need the time to recover! :fall:

Can't see me getting there mate. Got the in laws here for the first part of January and I am due back to work on the 16th. I am annoyed that I am going to miss out, but not much I can do. :(
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

norbs wrote:
CLP wrote:Less than 2 months to go Mr Norbs! :) Any thoughts on whether you've be able to swing a leave pass? ;)

Can't see me getting there mate. Got the in laws here for the first part of January and I am due back to work on the 16th. I am annoyed that I am going to miss out, but not much I can do. :(
seriously?.. family before cycling? what's that about? :rofl:

that's cool.. i'm sure i'll recover, once the tears dry up... lol.
next year.. book it in! :nod: