Wimbledon

Cricket, footy, tennis, whatever
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Wimbledon

Post by DexterPunk »

Anyone been watching??? Tennis is something I can literally watch all day and not be sick of. I don't give Tomic much chance tonight, but good on him for getting where he has as such a young guy. He could be a brilliant player by the looks.
Last edited by DexterPunk on Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Re: Wimbledon

Post by Exar Kun »

Tennis, like golf, is something I find incredibly tedious and boring to watch. However, I really enjoy playing it myself. I can occasionally be drawn into a really big game if it happens to be on. Best of luck to the young Aussie. He's put in a great effort so far.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
bengatta
Ladies Motorkhana Champion

Post by bengatta »

Exar Kun wrote:Tennis, like golf, is something I find incredibly tedious and boring to watch. However, I really enjoy playing it myself. I can occasionally be drawn into a really big game if it happens to be on. Best of luck to the young Aussie. He's put in a great effort so far.
I'm with you... I enjoy a good womens game of tennis if it does not involve one of the williams sisters... even then I can only last 20 minutes or so... :)
They say, any day you wake up not dead is the start of a better day than it could be...

You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice...

You're never too old to learn something stupid....
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

Whens Wimbledon on?
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

I have only seen what has been on news and sports shows.

Couldnt stand Tomik but watching his interviews and his on court behaviour, he has gone up a cog or 2. He seems to be humbled by his success this year rather than feel it is his god given right to be there (like Brad Hodge and the test team)

good on him. Hope Novak kicks his arse tho :D
--------------
Stu
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Pretty sure he will.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

bengatta wrote:
Exar Kun wrote:Tennis, like golf, is something I find incredibly tedious and boring to watch. However, I really enjoy playing it myself. I can occasionally be drawn into a really big game if it happens to be on. Best of luck to the young Aussie. He's put in a great effort so far.
I'm with you... I enjoy a good womens game of tennis if it does not involve one of the williams sisters... even then I can only last 20 minutes or so... :)
I would love to tape my grand father having a rant when ever he sees either of them. 90 year olds aren't known for their tolerance, and the spray he gives them makes even me cringe. Problem is, I find my self nodding when he is ranting. :nod: makes me racist by association.

I put tennis right up there with nascaw! :eyepop: :D
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Wimbledon

Post by DexterPunk »

Oh come on! At least it's a proper sport :D

Bernie did pretty well I thought. Didn't think he'd win it, but put up a decent fight. Im sure playing someone like Novak at a quarter final will be a good experience for him, and can only help with his growth as a player.
bengatta
Ladies Motorkhana Champion

Post by bengatta »

norbs wrote:
bengatta wrote:
I would love to tape my grand father having a rant when ever he sees either of them. 90 year olds aren't known for their tolerance, and the spray he gives them makes even me cringe. Problem is, I find my self nodding when he is ranting. :nod: makes me racist by association.

I put tennis right up there with nascaw! :eyepop: :D
Anybody who doubts the theory of evolution because of the missing link just needs to take one good look... :)
They say, any day you wake up not dead is the start of a better day than it could be...

You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice...

You're never too old to learn something stupid....
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

bengatta wrote:
Anybody who doubts the theory of evolution because of the missing link just needs to take one good look... :)

Pa? :D
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.