Post by Mr.Ferret »

[youtube] [/youtube]
iRacing Name - Joshua Brown2
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

COD V BF3 V RO2

Post by DexterPunk »

Looks pretty good, I might get both.

Saw this last night and was pretty blown away by the eye candy. Watch it on 1080p.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Re: COD V BF3 V RO2

Post by ysu »

(this is with regards to the Ro2 vid) It looks like a ww2 shooter game...surprise!
But these short snippets don't not tell us anything about the gameplay, and/or the features of the game, as usual. One thing I was able to pick out was the tank battle. But no destructible enviro, sadly, and nothing about the level of freedom around the map (which in the CoD games is pretty crap)

Now that's some tank battle, Dex ! :up:
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

That vid shows a lot of action. Its a lot slower paced than that. Its a thinking game, its a game about flanking enemy positions.

Best way to put it is its ARMA2 but set in WW2 yet more of a "game" emphasis (ie capture points, re-spawns (on a very long timer or in waves) ) so it makes
it a bit more accessible. I personal love the big open maps in RO1, crawling from fox hole to fox fole as MG's fire rains over your head and the arty is blasting all
around. In someways its like a much more refined COD1 or COD2. In most cases your main weapon is a bolt action rifle, it pays to know how to use it and how to kill with one shot
at ranges over 300 meters with getting someone who is on the run. You really have to play depending how the game is going, and with what weapon you have, if you
don't have the right weapon for the job your done for, as it would have been back then.

Its the sort of game when if your leaning out a window the game will know your resting your weapon on it, improving accuracy, your weapon moves around independent of where
your looking, arma style, promoting slow play. The vehicles have proper armor penetration values and rounds will reflect off the armor if you hit them at the wrong angle.

Its a hell of a lot of fun and i cannot wait for the new one, first person cover system and a lot of the "clunkiness" these type of games always have seems to be gone.
Fandango
Rubber Rooter

Post by Fandango »

BF3 for me. Can't wait. COD was enjoyable and on PS3 it was much easier and fluid to control your look/shoot than Bad Company 2 (and probably other BF games) but I'm getting BF3 on PC so not an issue. The question mate is do you feel like playing a team oriented game or an in it for yourself kind of game?
If the former go BF3. The latter COD. (And more punk arseholes play COD)

Also the new COD looks much the same as the other 230 COD games, BF3 looks leaps and bounds ahead of BF2 and even the Bad Company games.
Fandangas,Fang,Fangas,Bangas,Fanny,Fan,Fandsy,Fandangdiddlyo........
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

[youtube] [/youtube]

[youtube] [/youtube]
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

enema at the gates LOL good vids. go for a while but I enjoyed them. cheers :up:
--------------
Stu
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

RO2 Beta is working now apparently. Word so far is don't touch the mouse while the server list is building or it crashes. Multi only so far.
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

smithcorp wrote:RO2 Beta is working now apparently. Word so far is don't touch the mouse while the server list is building or it crashes. Multi only so far.
Yep, when it works its fantastic! so much more fluid compared to the last, and the graphics are great! Played about an hour and a half so far.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

I can get This and the new Deus Ex for less than $80 on steam. Still haven't decided yet.
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

smithcorp wrote:RO2 Beta is working now apparently. Word so far is don't touch the mouse while the server list is building or it crashes. Multi only so far.
on its way down now :D Node have Aussie servers up :up:
--------------
Stu
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

you have a linky?
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

ysu wrote:you have a linky?
linky to whatty?

RO2? purchased through Steam
Node servers? assume they show up in game
--------------
Stu
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

oh, I thought it's an open beta. nevermind :)
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

well that was a fuckload of fun. I died more than I killed (like lots) but shit I enjoyed it. Havent really "deathmatched" since quake 1

I did a typical old fart thing though and went in as a rifleman. All this automatic weapon stuff is for the kids. Very satisfying to actually make the shot with a bolt action rifle :)

I lol'd lots, there were some petty comments on the server but I will go back for sure :D
--------------
Stu
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

bolt actions are awesome, screw automatic crap!
Santaria

Re: Re: COD V BF3 V RO2

Post by Santaria »

Rots wrote:bolt actions are awesome, screw automatic crap!
Definitely! Ever since MOH:AA I've always chosen a rifle of some description.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

I dont think I have ever had so much fun having my arse handed to me on a plate :)

Played on a hardcore server, single life stuff. Had a few rounds and never got a shot off :D
--------------
Stu
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

Getting a lot of "rogame.exe has stopped working" errors tonight. Increasing frequency, usually a couple of seconds after joining a game.
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

smithcorp wrote:Getting a lot of "rogame.exe has stopped working" errors tonight. Increasing frequency, usually a couple of seconds after joining a game.
Ive been on getting my arse kicked with no problems. Playing on 'node servers :up:
--------------
Stu
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

Cheers Bauer - seems to be mostly when choosing Allies on a particular map. Played a bit last night - no kills, plenty of deaths! There's some skilled players on there and I'm not one of them. I haven't even a clue what i should be doing to contribute to winning games, just running about getting slotted and missing shots on baddies. :)
petey

Post by petey »

Took a while of getting pointlessly shot. Eventually settled into taking my time and finding good vantage points to dig into.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

There needs to be less running around like crazy and more of this:

[youtube] [/youtube]
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Seems like alot of camping to me
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

The best thing you can do in this game is stay alive and move forward, no matter how slowly. The only way to win is to get into the cap zones. I read on the forums of someone shooting anyone who wouldn't advance, enemy at the gates style, bloody worked, snipers and MG guys stayed behind, squad leader charged out poping smoke assault SMG'ers charged out followed by the rifleman and they won o.0