COD V BF3 V RO2

General game chat
Bauer

COD V BF3 V RO2

Post by Bauer »

NeilPearson wrote:Seems like alot of camping to me
and to point yes. in some game types you respawn near you teamies so a spot of camping is actually beneficial. and i would expect my sniper to camp,. thats what they do. i would also think my mg would advance, camp, advance, camp.

awsum fun :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
--------------
Stu
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Re: COD V BF3 V RO2

Post by smithcorp »

Played some more tonight and got a few kills - generally 3 to 5 each round. I found that the Fallen Fighters map just crashes for me every time a few seconds after joining the map. The Apartments map gives me no problems. I found as a rifleman I could set up upstairs at a window with a keyhole view of a door or window and pot baddies pretty successfully. I had some success even crouching at a window and trying to out-draw baddies in the opposite windows. Enervating!

Got killed lots too, with bits of body flying all over the place at times. Great fun this game and the pace feels a little slower now. For a few rounds I followed squad leaders, covering them which felt more tactical.

I just finished a game where at the start I ran like the clappers for an enemy building, got safely to the top of the stairs and covered the stairway. Soon enough a German hove into view and I shot him. I then made the mistake (seemed like a good idea) of tossing a grenade down. By the time I got back to my rifle another German had appeared and as we shot at the same time he got me.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

this sounds more my pace tbh. Wish i had some funds!
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

New maps were released and servers updated last night. People were reporting problems connecting, but I updated the game, then restarted Steam and everything worked fine. I didn't have a chance to torture test the new maps, but I got about 15 minutes' play on the new Grain Elevator map, got a couple of kills (including a friendly!) without crashes or lag. Punkbuster, whatever that is, is now included. Game update tried to install some AMD CPU update (I have Intel) which I cancelled.

I've been doing a bit of research into how the game actually works from a player's perspective (ie what am i supposed to do other than just shoot other folk) and I plan to be more useful in a team sense, now I think I know better what all the objectives and capping stuff is about.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Open the map, and it'll tell you on the right hand side what the objectives are.

Enjoyed 2 of the 3 new maps being Grain and Barracks.
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

Tweaked my interest...wondering how it would run on my IMAC, i5 3.1 with the 1gig HD6970m GC? Anyone got any thoughts? Seems to pass the recommended system spec details...I have Win 7 installed...
Bauer

COD V BF3 V RO2

Post by Bauer »

Hazelb wrote:Tweaked my interest...wondering how it would run on my IMAC, i5 3.1 with the 1gig HD6970m GC? Anyone got any thoughts? Seems to pass the recommended system spec details...I have Win 7 installed...
without knowing, i would expect it to run well. it doest seem like an overly taxing game. then again, lots of smoke and shit that could lag a system

there is a mac specific version coming isn't there? would that be tweaked more and be better than the windows version on a mac?

--------------
Stu
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

Im not sure re a Mac version...where did you read that?
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

Seems that there is a delay in the Mac version, with comments around no ETA and possible that it may never come!
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

Stalingrad

There I was, a call to arms had gone out and my comrades assembled. The fascists had taken control of the factory we needed it back. I was old yet inexperienced and had no idea what to do. My comrades in the Shock Brigade were to our left and we had to trust in their lead. I followed my squad leader out into the snow. Tanks and artillery from both sides were firing wildly. The Luftwaffe roared overhead. It was all I could do to get to cover, crawling the last few metres, once again following the lead of my comrades. Stealing a look over the low concrete wall, I could see the factory. Muzzle flashes from an MG nest gave away their position but we just knew snipers would be somewhere as well. I should not have looked. When my eyes recovered from a blind daze I realised that my squad had already moved forward to the next already ruined building. What was seconds seemed like hours as I made my decision. I could hear rifle shots and hoped they were Russian and would provide the cover I needed. I sprinted for all that my life was worth and made it to cover, my trusted rifle still holding the same round I put in it back at the farm house. If I was to count my comrades I would have noticed some were missing. We were in trouble but failure was to die. We could not turn back. Once again following, we ran to the next large building. As I neared the corner, ready to move around and on to the next, my squad leader ran back. The only time I did not follow. The lure was too much and I rounded the corner. The shell from a Panzer hit the building next to my right ear and I exploded in to several large pieces. As my soul left my body and I looked down at some of those pieces I realised that my rifle still held that same round. A killer I was not. Peace was not to come to my country by the barrel of my rifle.

Yura Sunofabich (dec.)
November 1942
--------------
Stu
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

from my reading, the Mac performs well with Windows installed. Might give this some thought! Sounds like the game is more my style, not a round around shoot everything in sight!
Bauer

COD V BF3 V RO2

Post by Bauer »

Got a PB tonight. A kill at 127 metres with a bolt action rifle, no scope. I'm shit at the game though. Getting killed lots. Tonight I even forgot what side I was on and hesitated before I shot. I didn't actually shoot as he didn't hesitate. :)

--------------
Stu
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

I've bought Red Orchestra 2 too, and it has the marks of a very good game...however, it needs some serious fixing.

Worst issues for me:
Server browser - totally borked. Can't refresh after the initial one, and joining has to be done by right-click only, otherwise you end up on some other server.
Lag - horrible. You can't hit anything moving - maybe if you spray and pray.
I don't think they test these releases much at all in-house.

On the upside; I find it great fun when huge battles are forming and there's lots of pushing and shoving trying to clear the way. 50-60 people fighting it out...it's just great :up:

It also needs a good commander and squad leaders who do their jobs and soldiers who're willing to listen to the orders and follow them.
If this all comes together (somewhat) it usually leads towards a win.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
petey

Post by petey »

Yeah its looking very buggy atm. Enjoying it despite the issues though.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
Bauer

COD V BF3 V RO2

Post by Bauer »

im not having issues. no issues connecting, lag is fine - but im only connecting to aussie servers.

but maybe our opinions on issues are as expected. im not the critic that YSU is. and i dont mean that in a bad way. maybe im just more accepting of imperfection but YSU expects more for his coin.

--------------
Stu
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

I expect it to be fixed - and then the game will be pretty good. :)
They've fixed some serious crashing since the last patch, fixed the map voting, etc...so they're working on it.

Altho I still can't believe there's no ping limiter (e.g. don't let people with 150ms+ latency join) in any of these games, and they are geared to give everyone a similar experience - which means penalising those playing on local servers. And stupid euro-idiots are joining all the time, this hasn't changed.
petey

Post by petey »

Mostly having issues with pavlovs map at the moment. Just terrible optimisation.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

Interest in getting together on a server soon? Steam names (mine's smithcorp)?

smith
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

smithcorp wrote:Interest in getting together on a server soon? Steam names (mine's smithcorp)?

smith
Been keeping any eye out for you. I have been sticking to the aussie servers.

Bauer I think. Bauer37 if it isnt.
--------------
Stu
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Bird on steam, I'm in the arse group, too
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

You can pre-load this now.
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

r8response wrote:You can pre-load this now.
sweet :yes:
--------------
Stu
petey

Post by petey »

worries me about the beta. Still not quite up to scratch and they released an update not so long ago. Seems odd to still be updating a beta while the preload is available? o.0
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

They've a release date to hold, so they'll release the beta to the public. Not the first company to do it - their choices are to keep it in semi-closed beta and anger the public, or release it as-is and anger the public...
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

Pre-loading this now - never done that before...