2011 IAAF World Championships, Daegu

Cricket, footy, tennis, whatever
J.D.
Rat

2011 IAAF World Championships, Daegu

Post by J.D. »

Anyone been watching?

http://daegu2011.iaaf.org/ResultsByDate.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Missed the women's long jump last night. It featured Ineta Radevica...google that name for interesting pictures...

And Usain Bolt was DSQ in the men's 100!

Men's pole vault final tonight. No Steve Hooker this time but Frenchman Renaud Lavillenie did 6.03m in qualifying! That's worth getting excited about.
сначала мы убиваем американского лося и белку.

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell.

Proudly never a mod or admin at RSC from 2001 - 2009.
J.D.
Rat

Re: 2011 IAAF World Championships, Daegu

Post by J.D. »

Did anyone else watch this?

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell.

norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

No JD. Although I did hear chatter that Sally just missed a WR!
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

I saw Bolts break, tbh I thought it was quite funny especially considering his arrogant pre race antics.
J.D.
Rat

Post by J.D. »

Ahhh...that's just Bolt playing up to the public. He's actually a pretty nice bloke.

The men's 4x100 relay...37.04 World Record!

[youtube] [/youtube]

Jesus I nearly fell off my chair when I saw that.

How about these for some stats?

Anna Chicherova who won the women's high jump at 2.03m is 178cms tall and weighs only 53kg.

Blanka Vlasic who finished 2nd is 194cm tall and weighs 75kg!
norbs wrote:No JD. Although I did hear chatter that Sally just missed a WR!
Mmm...that was impressive. Not many people have ever buried Dawn Harper like that.

Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

I think sprinters in general despicably 100m's have always been a tad flamboyant. I agree with you its entertaining but I much prefer gentlemen sportsmen ie Federer etc. Always important to have respect for your competitors.

That relay is awesome, to dominate by that much is simply staggering at that level. And the top speed of Bolt is ludicrous.
J.D.
Rat

Post by J.D. »

Perhaps the best (worst) example of that was a second string American sprinter called Jon Drummond. His display after the US won the 4x100m in Sydney made me want to eat my own vomit. He made a complete pillock of himself and you could be forgiven for thinking he'd won it on his own. It bordered on treating the crowd like shit. Too bad nobody threw anything at him when he jumped up on one of the structures near the fence for a display of machismo. Ironically, he now coaches Tyson Gay, who is the exact opposite. He's almost withdrawn some days.

Fact is they all do it, except Gay and Bolt isn't exceptionally good or bad for it.

When my Dad was sick in hospital last year I met Bolt on a job and asked him to do a quick "Get well". Once he knew Dad's exceptional athletics background he was keen to do it. To be honest I reckon he'd have done it anyway. He's actually a pretty cruisy bloke.

Having been around aths since I was 3, I've pretty much seen 'em all. And yes; sprinters always have the biggest egos.