Server went down and hasn't come back.
Shonky

Re: 1.8 pre-release released

Post by Shonky »

Restarted it and can connect again now.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Lost all my shit again. That's quite annoying.

When you leave a server normally do you keep everything in your inventory or do you have to store it?
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

should stay in your inventory
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

It might be because I had to restart the server to be able to join, sounds like the save-all command isn't making it to the server when a restart is initiated.
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

Looks good..cant get it to work on the Mac but under Win 7 it works fine...looking forward to the full version!
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

it is the full version feature wise, it just should have *less bugs

(by mojangs standards this wont be much)
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

The town that notch built.

ReppohC

Post by ReppohC »

I died after running around all day exploring and collecting a good 10++ levels of xp. Game ended up having such low fps when I died I had to quit, just had a constant sound of xp orbs splashing into water. From the sounds of it, my guess is about 11ty billion orbs where dropped :) Tried to run to my stuff after respawning (everthing I had collected over the last 5 hours was there) and once I got close enough I ended up getting 0.03 fps or less. Yes thats right, not exagurating, one frame every 30-60 seconds! Earlier in the day I was getting 0.5-2 fps. I tried to /kill, rejoining server, getting a tp, etc, but ended up leaving as Shonky / Raz were lagging out because of me. Moral of the story? Dont die !
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Yep, got the same problem here Rep, I died trying to work out what was going on with your lag, I haven't died in about 48 RL hours, so heaps of orbs as well, the fix from what I've read so far is to delete the xp orbs from the map so Raz is goin to have a crack at sorting it, but it will be a reoccurring problem whenever someone dies so we may have to clean up the map from time to time.
Lochie0911

Post by Lochie0911 »

Can anyone else connect to the server? I know most won't be on at this time of the day, but when I go to click on the server in my 1.8 Client, it says Polling.... and then after a short while, Can't Reach Server.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Lochie0911 wrote:Can anyone else connect to the server? I know most won't be on at this time of the day, but when I go to click on the server in my 1.8 Client, it says Polling.... and then after a short while, Can't Reach Server.
Same as what you get.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Ok, as per usual notch has screwed things up royally, this time it's with the XP orbs and when you die. When you die you drop your experience, problem is you don't just drop 1 experience entity, you drop each experience point as an entity, so when you die after a long time as I and ReppohC did last night, between us we dropped around 20,000 orbs which brought the server to it's knees.

The fix for this is to download the map, delete the entities using MCEdit, then upload it again, but as soon as someone dies, the cycle repeats itself, if we have a 20mb map this is fine, but it's around 800mb at the moment which will just take too long to upload again each time we edit it, so at this stage I'm buggered if I know what to do. :(
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Would this help or are you unable to run other programs on the server?

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/616 ... oded-maps/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Giving it a crack locally, but have no ability to run it server side. :(
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Alright, removed the orbs from the map and uploading it, current estimates are about 2.25 hrs to upload it, maybe 1.8 final will be out by then and I can just kill the map and start from scratch. :D
ReppohC

Post by ReppohC »

My bad! :melt: I was hoping the orbs would eventually "timeout" and disappear, but they seem to stay much longer then items do. I'll try not to fall down holes in the future - or if i do, fall into lava and make sure the orbs are destroyed :p

It did sound like a good 5000 orbs splashed into the water around me when I died.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Its a mistake that the Orbs drop like that anyway, if you die you should only release a certin amount of orbs, say double a creeper or something. :\
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

ReppohC wrote:My bad! :melt: I was hoping the orbs would eventually "timeout" and disappear, but they seem to stay much longer then items do. I'll try not to fall down holes in the future - or if i do, fall into lava and make sure the orbs are destroyed :p

It did sound like a good 5000 orbs splashed into the water around me when I died.

Hehe, was bound to happen to one of us, last night after you left I managed to get back to where I died, brought up the stats in MC and I had 11390 entities in view, no wonder the server chokes sending that many entities in every update.

I wonder if we should set all players to creative move for the time being so we can't die, what does everyone else think?

P.S. Map should be up sooner, did a diff on the original versus the cleaned map and only had to upload about 20% of the map instead of the entire thing.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Awww damn it, I think I upped the wrong files, standing here trying to pick up the XP instead. :rofl:

Don't bother joining while this is going on, will post when things are sorted.
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

I think creative mode is the way to go.

I died yesterday and have about 200 billion orbs to pick up in water... somehow I managed to collect them all at 0.05 FPS and kill two spiders at the same time!!
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

Creative mode sounds the goods until its released properly.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Alright, I'm lost, I think I got old and new parts mixed up and now can't join the server when the map is loaded, I think it's time to reset and set creative mode if possible. Sorry folks, hope you weren't attached to anything. :(
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Noooooo, my saddle!

Just been generating worlds in my lunch break. This one would be good for anyone not wanting to walk forever looking for a town.

Only have to turn 180 degrees and you'll see one. There is a second one not too far away across a small desert. All major biomes close by as well.

Apparently strongholds can be/are underground. Didn't want to make them easy to find, did they :)
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Just had a go at creative mode for the 1st time and it seems a bit pointless to me. I think I'd rather just go back to single player until a fix arrives if we can't think of another way around it.

If you die do you return to the last place you were in a bed or is it always to the spawn point? If it's the former, maybe all the intrepid explorers could carry a bed and commit daily sepukku after setting up a shelter?

We may only have to wait another day anyway. Fingers crossed.
Last edited by DarrenM on Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.