C.A.R.S.

Maybe the next Assetto Corsa. Maybe not.
Cursed

Re: C.A.R.S.

Post by Cursed »

Dr. Pain wrote:Only the Merc 300SL is free. Got to buy the Aston's and the tracks.
Steam disagrees:
Aston-dlc.PNG
The whole DLC package shows as "IN LIBRARY".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Maybe it depends on what "version" you got? I have all the DLC free, so far, too.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Slightly Mad Studios has rolled out the fourth major update for their best-selling Project CARS title.
Patch 5.0 for Project CARS continues the studios’ pledge to continuously improve and expand the title was originally released back in May.
PC users can now grab the new update on Steam, console versions of the patch will follow in due time.

* Enforce fixed (default) setups – fixed cases where enabling this would still allow players to use custom setups. Enabled the player’s custom controller settings to still be used when using fixed setups.
* Mojave layouts – fixed an issue where, if the host were disqualified, it would force end-of-race for everyone.
* Fixed an issue with tyre choices being ignored during pit stops.

Physics & AI
* Improved AI behaviour in pit lanes to further reduce cars hitting the pit walls when driving out of the garages.
* Fixed an issue where cars under AI control would struggle to drive correctly on tracks with high banking.
* Fixed an issue where some car parts that were dislodged during a collision would not be removed when the track is cleared.

Career
* Fixed an issue where the maximum amount of contract and invitation emails could be exceeded with DLC installed, resulting in the player not being notified of newly unlocked contract offers and invitational events.

Controls
* Fixed a bug on the splash screen where the controller used to press the A Button to start was not selected as the current controller.
* Logitech G29/G920 – updated default controller map sets for the layouts to be consistent between wheels and across platforms.
* Logitech G920 – fixed an issue with the gearshift mapping.
* Removed default assignments for wipers and lights, as this was disabling the wipers/lights turning on automatically when it started raining or got dark.

Tracks
* Nürburgring GP, Sprint, Sprint Short – fixed an issue that caused issues for cars pitting in the first pit spot.
* Nordschleife – fixed an issue that caused cars to get stuck against the pit wall when driving in the pit lane.
* Nürburgring Sprint Short – fixed a cut track issue at the NGK Chicane.
* Barcelona GP – fixed cut track issue when entering the pit lane.
* Watkins Glen – improved overall track performance to address frame rate drops in certain areas.

Vehicles
* Aston Martin Vantage GTE – tweaked cockpit exposure to work better with rainy conditions.
* Aston Martin DBR 1-2 – set the car up so that the steering wheel remains in a static state when the user chooses the ‘hide wheel’ option, so that the user can still read the vital info displayed on the wheel.
* Aston Martin DBR1 1959 – fixed an issue where the wrong helmet was displayed when using Helmet View, tweaked inertia and roll stiffness to improve collision behaviour.
* Audi 90 IMSA GTO, Audi R8 V10 plus, Ruf Rt 12R – fixed an issue where the KERS bar would appear on the HUD of these cars, even though they don’t have KERS.
* BMW 320 Turbo – fixed an issue where the car would start ‘wandering’ in straight lines after a few laps.
* Bentley Continental GT3 – updated engine and minimum ride height to match latest; mapped real world balance of performance; updated gearbox ratios to current FIA specifications, putting it more in line with the other GT3 cars.
* Ford Mustang GT – improve braking power to better match the car’s weight.
* Ginetta G40 – partial fix for front tires overheating if pressure goes over 1.8bar.
* Historic Lotus Formula cars – improved the Helmet View exposure settings
* Lotus 98T – fixed an issue with missing bodywork in the cockpit
* Mercedes C Class DTM – adjusted steering wheel shift lights to better match the engine’s power band.
* Ruf CTR – changed to a more durable brake pad for track use and added an optional brake duct to help control temperatures at slow tracks.

GUI & HUD
* Display correct message when trying to toggle assists when assists are disabled.
* Fixed an issue with the Leaderboards navigation that prevented the user from changing the vehicle or location.
* Changed the displayed values for Lateral and Longitudinal weight bias, to make it more intuitive.
* Fixed an issue with bad Text spacing on the Telemetry screen.
* Fixed various issues with the HUD gearshift indicator during replays.
* Fixed an issue where making real time changes to the stability control would display incorrect information.
* Fixed an issue where the in-game Standings screen ‘Lap time’ was cleared too soon.

General
* Fixed an issue where the ‘Sync to Race’ option was unavailable when configuring Weather Progression.
* Fixed an issue where the Best Driving Line assist appeared in the rear view mirrors.
* Localisation – added ‘United Arab Emirates’ used by Lykan to non-English language sets.
* Fixed an issue with Quick Race Weekend, where running Qualifying and Race without a Practice session would cause the Qualifying session rules to not work correctly.
* Fixed a case where the ‘One more for the road’ achievement would not unlock correctly.
* Fixed an issue where the player could still toggle driving assists on via buttons, even when driving assists was disabled.
* Fixed an issue where the external driving camera would clip through the track on steep banking.
* Fixed an issue with random cloud ‘popping’ in and out of view.
* Fixed an issue with clouds disappearing when using time acceleration.
* Fixed a render timing issue that would at times cause a black screen when the processor is under heavy load.
* Fixed an issue that caused the player’s view to switch from helmet camera to cockpit camera during pit stops.
* Fixed an issue with Enhanced Mirror, where enabling it could at times cause occasional drop-outs of mirror content

Oculus Rift
* Improved support for Oculus Rift rendering to desktop and headset simultaneously.
* Added command line option -vrfullscreen for use when using second screen, to use whole screen instead of windowed mode.
* Amended driver head offset when in Oculus Rift mode – defaults to 0.0 but can be set using command line -vreyeoffset amount.
* Added HUD position editing control keys to the existing HUD editing setup: AD – left/right, WS – up/down, ZE – in/out. (Note that this doesn’t save yet between game restarts. We have this working internally now but it missed this patch, so will be coming your way very soon)
* HUD and Menu system is now located in world and car space instead of attached to the player’s head.
* Updated to Oculus SDK 0.7.0.0.
- NOTE – If you experience a black flicker/flash in the right eye view when playing in VR, please ensure that you have VSync enabled.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

A sneaky peek at the next DLC... Looks like an 86 might be in the pack too :)

Minister for Religious Genocide.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dr. Pain wrote:A sneaky peek at the next DLC... Looks like an 86 might be in the pack too :)
Yep. ;)
Judging by the included cars, the pack will have a Japanese theme as the previews reveal cars like the Toyota GT-86, the Scion FR-S , the Mitsubishi Lancer Lancer Evolution IX as well as Toyota’s TS040 LMP1 class challenger of FIA World Endurance Championship fame.
Dukester

Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

The Audi R18 e-tron is a beast to drive and I have no doubt that the TS040 will be the same. The way they deploy their KERS makes them so damn fast out of a turn.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Project CARS - Japanese Car Pack

Snuck in under the radar.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Nice :)
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

2015 Toyota GT-86 Rocket Bunny GT Edition :D
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

GT-86 on a double dose of steroids
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

richo

Post by richo »

I would be happy if I could get the sim to run , Start CARS and minimizes to desktop and then takes killing Steam and CARS multiple times before it eventually kicks on.

No Logi profiler etc
[]D [] []v[] []D
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

The car in this pic is mental. It's a Scion rocket bunny edition, which is a Toyota 86 with a turbo. 500bhp! 288 k's in the chase at Bathurst when I was game to look then some poo came out of the virtual me in the car :eyepop:

Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

A bit of a read but interesting...

Scion FR-S Rocket Bunny - For this one, we took the approach of a more powerful street build that could be used for track days, some light drifting and showing off. We wanted more power than what the Cosworth supercharger alone and ended up using a twincharger type of system to boost the engine, which is kinda cool since we haven't done that on any other cars yet. Stage 1 is the supercharger, creating about 1.1bar boost and 150hp. Then for stage 2 there is a turbo added on top to bring it up to full boost and 500hp. The combination is much more driveable than some big turbo setups we tried where the overwhelming impression was just one of turbo lag. Having that supercharger in there first does a nice job at helping keep exhaust mass flow high for the turbo to work well.

500hp is a real handful in something so small and it does have some pretty good drift potential when you drop the tire pressures very low. That aspect will improve greatly in the near future with some STM R&D work AJ has underway, but it's surprisingly good right now...if a bit too difficult to transition out of a big angle. We might also have some other interesting cars coming which will be even better-matched for showing how tire rubber behaves in the transition from traditional slip angle vs. force model to a gooey/slidey rip grip model at the extremes of temperature and abuse.

Slightly modified the suspension geometry for this version of the car so it can be set with very low front steer axis inclination and caster angle, as I've noticed is the trend is pro drift builds lately. It helps in that the huge steering angles don't cause extreme jacking motion which destabilizes the car, but can soften steering feel through the FFB at very low caster...it's a trade off.

Standard tires for this one are Nitto NT01 in sizes 235/35-19 front, 275/35-19 rear. Good for 7:40s at the Ring if you avoid going sideways for the whole lap.

Toyota TS040 - For me, this car is the highlight of the packages. Just love working out the details for these hybrid LMP1s. Manufacturers never give out detailed technical info for current race cars (and rightfully so), so we have to go into full forensic science to sort out the details of how it works. The car is a hoot to drive. Where it’s main opposition, the R18 e-tron, is only mildly hybridized in the 2MJ class and drives mostly like a normal car, this thing has a Mario Kart Golden Mushroom on it. It is the fastest car with a low top speed that you'll ever drive. The thing with these hybrids is that getting the fastest lap is all about acceleration, not a top speed advantage. It's a strange feeling; when going for fastest laps you will have lower top speeds than a GT3 car, but getting to it so much more quickly means you are over 20s per lap faster at typical tracks. Notes on a few of the sub-systems below.

Aero: The car made news for having a (maybe...probably illegal) flexible rear wing system last year. We copied that here with via active aero system so it sheds about 300lb downforce and 60lb drag at typical Le Mans top speeds of 300kph. Efficiency drops a bit and balance shifts 4% forward when this happens. Numbers are just guesses, but should be in the right ballpark. I think this was much more significant to their performance than most realize. My own lap times around Le Mans dropped about 2s when adding this feature.

Power Unit: The 3.7L, naturally aspirated V8 is good for 520hp from 7000-8500rpm. Nice smooth engine. Hybrid motors add another 480hp (when over 300kph, below that speed they are torque-limited) split probably around 40/60 front/rear knowing the TS030’s rear-only MGU-K was good for 300hp. Configured the hybrid so that, driven normally, it uses all 6MJ of the energy at low speed for acceleration as that's best for lap times. Burning a full charge will take you from 60-280kph at an amazing rate and is about 3s faster over a lap of Le Mans than using it for top speed boost, even if top speed drops from 340kph to 300 when used that way. It is possible to use it for top speed on our model: Get up to 250kph or so without using full throttle and then give it full beans. That's when you'll see the power meter approach 1000hp and it will shoot up to 350kph in about 5s. Impressive, but only ever useful for passing slower traffic.

Gearbox: Slightly odd setup here. I can't find any evidence of 1st gear being used. It is always in 2nd even at 60kph behind safety cars, in La Source, Arnage, etc. 1st must be only for leaving the pits under electric power when the engine hasn't fired up yet. In Le Mans gearing, 6th gear takes it to 285kph, even if top speed in the most effective hybrid mode is only 295-300kph. 7th is purely for fuel saving and when they want to use the hybrid for a top speed boost. Then all of the extra hybrid torque means that 3rd/4th gear is fine for all but the slowest corners. Expect to be spending most of your time at most tracks in 4th-6th gear.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Sooo this game is broken for me. The focefeedback is all of a sudden fucked. I cant drive at all a soon as i get control the wheel violently shakes out of my hands pretty much (logitech G27) and this is with all the settings that felt so good nothing has changed! Any ideas?
Hello :aussie:
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

No. Nothing feels different with my G-25.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

richo wrote:I would be happy if I could get the sim to run , Start CARS and minimizes to desktop and then takes killing Steam and CARS multiple times before it eventually kicks on.
Im not the only one then, I did a fresh install even and after the first boot and 30 mins of racing i closed it down, 2nd boot and i was back to this shit.
I have completly given up on it now as I just dont have the time to fuck about with it anymore. Blown too many hours just trying to get the thing to boot up.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

KNAPPO wrote:
richo wrote:I would be happy if I could get the sim to run , Start CARS and minimizes to desktop and then takes killing Steam and CARS multiple times before it eventually kicks on.
Im not the only one then, I did a fresh install even and after the first boot and 30 mins of racing i closed it down, 2nd boot and i was back to this shit.
I have completly given up on it now as I just dont have the time to fuck about with it anymore. Blown too many hours just trying to get the thing to boot up.
Have either of you guys tried to engage any of their support or checked out their forum?
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Try looking for LWEMon.exe in task manager and kill it before you start the game. See what that does.

Some people are launching the game through AMD Gaming Evolved and it's working for them.
richo

Post by richo »

I have been trying to get it sorted long before it went public . It's fine once it doesn't minimize runs as well as can be expected on aging AMD cards.
[]D [] []v[] []D
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I have found minimising it while it's running screws it over. I've got a 7970 and it runs like a train so I don't dare minimise it while it's going. It's got to be an AMD problem.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Oh you bloody beauty! Historic Hockenheim, Silverstone & Rouen in the next DLC! :vibes:
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Yeah awesome!!!

ImageImage
ImageImage
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Slightly Mad Studios has shared some new preview material of their upcoming On Demand content for Project CARS.
Fans of classic content will be delighted to see that the upcoming DLC seems will feature some exciting historic cars and tracks.
The WIP preview screenshots show us the historic Hockenheim, Rouen-Les-Essarts, and Silverstone tracks as well as a 1970 Lotus 49C and a Lotus Type 40.
Dukester

norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

What a time for SIM racers.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.