The Hunger Games

Chat about stuff you've seen
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

The Hunger Games

Post by NeilPearson »

Anyone go see this?

I just came back from seeing it, and It is brilliant. its right up my alley, it reminds me of two stories in the book called "the bachman books" by steven king, that are my favourite.

the directing is a bit shithouse a the start, the camera keeps swapping position every 4 seconds and its shakey as hell and not needed, but the story and the casting is just spot on. grabbed the book on my way out of the shopping centre. going to start it tonight!
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Re: The Hunger Games

Post by Exar Kun »

I just read the book which was a weird one. I found the writing to be pretty average but it was still a page turner. Don't think I'll bother with the sequels but I still want to see the movie.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

I saw it last week because the rest of my family have been reading the books, it was pretty good. I didnt pick Elizabeth Banks at all. She is a much hotter Lady Gaga. I reckon the lead actress will soon start copping shit like the girl from Twilight for being expressionless. The sequel sounds like it'll be pretty good, the wife gave me a very brief rundown of it.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

w00dsy wrote:I saw it last week because the rest of my family have been reading the books, it was pretty good. I didnt pick Elizabeth Banks at all. She is a much hotter Lady Gaga. I reckon the lead actress will soon start copping shit like the girl from Twilight for being expressionless. The sequel sounds like it'll be pretty good, the wife gave me a very brief rundown of it.
I disagree with that, Kristen Stewart plays the same character in everything she is in, no matter what it entails. I have seen this girl in two movies and she has showed alot of range in both movies. I have just started the book, and i have to say the character is very hard and unforgiving. she does what she has to, and i think the girl nailed it in the movie.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

it probably is her charcter, i just found her to be cold and emotionless. I didn't find her character to be overly endearing, maybe because she was the tough one from her family. Also i want to grow a beard like this, the problem is it'll be patchy and ginger.

norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

I sculpt my pubic mane sort of like that. ;)
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

w00dsy wrote:it probably is her charcter, i just found her to be cold and emotionless. I didn't find her character to be overly endearing, maybe because she was the tough one from her family. Also i want to grow a beard like this, the problem is it'll be patchy and ginger.

haha grow it.

Im 3/4 way through the final book now, they definatly could be better written, but they are a page turner. Kat gets harder and harder the longer the story goes on, with all the crap she has gone through
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

Went and saw it with the family on Saturday. I was looking forward to it so was hoping it would be ok. I enjoyed it but thought it could have been more. Will look forward to any more movies on the subject though :up:

A bit like Tommorow Never Comes. Enjoyed that but it could have been more.
--------------
Stu
richo

Post by richo »

Loved the books and the film , but don't listen to me because i thought the Twilight books were ok .

And yes the whiny bitch Kristen Stewart would look much better with a cock in her mouth..
[]D [] []v[] []D
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

I would never pick this as the girl in it.

richo

Post by richo »

OMFG how stonkable is she ! And her photoshopper..
[]D [] []v[] []D